Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ March 12, 2018
NEWS
100 Years of US Interference & Regime Change, from Iran to Nicaragua to Hawaii to Cuba Democracy Now!
former New York Times foreign correspondent, now world affairs columnist for The Boston Globe. He is the author of several books, including Overthrow: America's Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq and All the Shah's Men. His latest, The True Flag: Theodore Roosevelt, Mark Twain, and the ...

Nicaragua to begin DTT test transmissions this month Telecompaper
Nicaragua will finally run its first test of Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) on 21 March, reports local daily El Nuevo Diario, citing the country's vice president Rosario Murillo. The corresponding broadcast equipment is being set up in El Crucero near Managua, with the test set be carried out via the ...

President Tsai honors Nicaraguan military chief Focus Taiwan News Channel
The president said Taiwan and Nicaragua have achieved great progress through cooperation and exchanges on many fronts, including areas such as the ... In particular, since Aviles became head of the Nicaraguan military, he has been promoting increased military exchanges with Taiwan, Tsai said.

Colin Burgon: Time to stand up to Trump on Latin America LabourList
Less known, and less reported, is what followed in 2017: hostile acts, threats and rhetoric towards different governments in Latin America, with Nicaragua and Venezuela receiving particularly harsh treatment. His interventions in the region were, as usual, dressed up in the language of human rights and ...

Paddle. Catch a wave. Stand. Surf. (Part 1) Bizcommunity.com
A young black boy all the way in Nicaragua. To me, that was a whole new idea. The idea of this same young buy all the way in Nicaragua, surfing too? It blew my mind. I'd been to the coastal cities of Durban and Cape Town and I'd swam there, but never surfed. I think sport, and immediately, I think of ...

NHC Atlantic Tropical Weather Discussion (corrected) Monitor
reaching Jamaica and the Caribbean plains of Nicaragua. A strong. cold front will enter the Yucatan channel and far NW Caribbean Mon. night, reach from central Cuba to the Gulf of Honduras Tue, stall. from Hispaniola to Nicaragua Tue night, and dissipate by Thu. Moderate to fresh northerly winds and ...

From the End of History to the End of Truth teleSUR English
Along with these and other world leaders, Nicaragua's Daniel Ortega has also constantly been the object of endlessly repetitive Western media hate campaigns. This longstanding, plain-as-day media strategy, regularly and blatantly prepares mass opinion to facilitate Western government aggression ...

5 things Wales could learn from a 's**thole country' Nation.Cymru (press release)
I've just returned from Nicaragua. Just before the trip we heard Donald Trump being his usual prejudiced self, talking about 'shithole countries'. It's his catch all definition for any country that is poor, hot, and non-white. Some of the events in the run-up to our leaving got me thinking of what constitutes a ...

'Convert Sitabuldi Main Road into pedestrian street' Times of India
Vienna has one of the best pedestrian streets. This is not limited to rich countries only. I had recently been to Central America where I found this arrangement quite common. The city of Granada in Nicaragua has an excellent pedestrian street. Nicaragua is a poor country like us. Same is the case with city ...

¡Las Sandinistas!​ Austin Premiere Celebrates The Power Of Women Patch.com
The documentary ¡Las Sandinistas! has its world premiere at SXSW this Monday, celebrating the extraordinary and previously untold story of a group of women warriors and social revolutionaries who fought in Nicaragua's Sandinista Revolution — and their continuing struggle for justice today.