Thread: onward ticket rule?

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default onward ticket rule?

When I went to do online checkin in the US a couple of weeks ago I got a "can't check in/see somebody at the airport message". Not what you want to hear before an international flight that involves a 15 to 18 hour day if nothing goes wrong.

Got to airport, did curbside checking. Where have I been all my life, this is the way to go, especially if you have luggage. Guy took the luggage, swiped the passport and asked me if I lived in Nic. I said yes and he asked for my residency card, which he then put into the compu. He said thanx, I said thanx and it was over.

Probably United was complying with the onward flight rule since this was the return leg of a round trip. Maybe it was because of Nic's goofy 7 day notice rule if they are still doing that. Anyway, keep your cedula handy on incoming flights.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Blog Entries

Default Re: onward ticket rule?

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Maybe it was because of Nic's goofy 7 day notice rule if they are still doing that.
    I remember reading of the Pirate's ordeal with this requirement while crossing the border from HO. I've wondered whether this would affect my travels. On the USEmbassy in Managua website I found this: MESSAGE FOR U.S. CITIZENS: PRE-NOTIFICATION OF NON-TOURIST TRAVEL TO NICARAGUA.
    The Nicaraguan government has introduced a pre-notification process for all non-tourist travel to Nicaragua. Nicaraguan officials have stated that the pre-notification process is highly recommended. They explained that travelers with pre-notification will pass through migration controls quicker than those without it. According to Nicaraguan officials, the pre-notification process allows them to properly allocate border control resources to align with the expected number of travelers at a given time, day, and location.

Pre-notification should occur at least seven days in advance of planned travel to Nicaragua, following the instructions provided in Spanish at https://www.migob.gob.ni/migracion/t...es-al-turismo/ . Nicaraguan officials stated that the form available on that webpage is a suggested format only, and that pre-notifications must at least include information from the middle two paragraphs of the four-paragraph form. Travelers do not have to wait for a reply before proceeding with their travel plans.
    The site linked for Nica migracíon includes the form in English (Word), but this requirement does not apply to tourists.
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Blog Entries

That started over some Cult form Honduras or El Salvador moving in to Nica, so looks like it has been carried over to Missionaries and Such. Have not heard of any Tourists having trouble.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Thing was, we were coming in as tourists. If it had been just me, maybe an abberation. But there were a couple of Russian kids (we're from the largest country in Europe). They went through the process. A young couple from somewhere was pulled off their bus, and missed the last bus. Had to take a taxi to Somoto.

Lot of strange stuff happened that trip.

The times,, ?
    They are a-changing

Blog Entries

Our Guate relative needed it , too, to visit relatives for xmas, which is usually done on a tourist card.

Oddly, INTUR had set up a manned tourist desk with a plentitude of brochures and maps. A young lady in costume had no idea what Migration was up to. This was El Espino.

Going out at Las Manos was another similar kiosk.

I wonder if they are still there ???
    They should have plenty of time to interview tourists now,
    Even the ones flying in.

You tube videos show a greater extent of looting and property damage than reported by La Prensa

Blog Entries

Lotta little nasties that only got reported sporadically, like public hospitals that refused to treat students, so private hospitals opened their doors. Parents of dead and missing demanding investigations. Sandis condemning violence as product of foreign elements in CR and USA.

"It's the bodies, stupid!" might sum up the situation. The social contract says the government has the right to kill 2 or 3 people de vez en cuando, preferably obscure people in obscure locations in the countryside, but they went apeshit in Managua in front of God and everybody. OAS and UN are in a quandary because they don't like to censure lefties.

Blog Entries

. Sandis condemning violence as product of foreign elements in CR and USA.

On this side that is the Frente message, Daddy Yankee did this to them. Last week I was with an FSLN Politician having a 6am beer and all he could say (over and over) was "My (His) President Shit This Up".

Daniel's support is waning. No one in Nica wants violence, been there done that, but from what I am seeing on this side, they are ready.

Tensions in Bluefields are still building over the assassination, there is some sort of investigation going on. Have been by the spot of the death a few times and only possible sites for a shooter are Government Buildings. Everyone knows who is responsible but they want the trigger man, and they want to do real bad things to him
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

I just saw this http://fromnicaragua.com/tramitedemigraciondenicaragua/, and was wondering how it impacted everyone here. If the average middle class tourist avoids Nica, then they only have folks like me that visit family or ex-pat to bring in "tourist" money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonK View Post
    I just saw this http://fromnicaragua.com/tramitedemigraciondenicaragua/, and was wondering how it impacted everyone here.
    The link within this article of Aug 2017 connects to the same website I quoted and does NOT apply to tourists.
    ... el nuevo trámite como Solicitud de ingreso ordenado para visitantes a Nicaragua por razones diferentes al turismo.
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Blog Entries

Another reason I avoid crossing land borders, they do what ever they want to. The airport, so far, has always been professional and efficient.

Another reason I avoid crossing land borders, they do what ever they want to. The airport, so far, has always been professional and efficient.

God knows that's true. It's different every time. It's like they are running their own little country.
    If I could carry a ton on the plane,,, well, I'd fly

Still,, I truly enjoy the travel through Mexico,, we see a lot of different stuff every trip.

There are a few bright spots in CA,, Antigua,, Guate. and Copan and Siguatepeque in Honduras.