Thread: I predict

Default I predict

Future dictators will move to asphalt. Adoquin will be just a fond memory.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Blog Entries

Default Re: I predict

Maybe, but then the tranqueros will just use tires, zinc, and scrap metal.

24 hour paro in Leon today. Seems to have been effective. Nationwide 24 hour one called for thursday.
    Notice the decorator touch on this barricade. Artsy craftsy in Leon!

Blog Entries

Artsy Craftsy?! YOU are the artsy fartsy one....all I see is a place to stick 6 rifles....lol!

Art....I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder, eh?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

crenellation

• n.
      A pattern along the top of a parapet (fortified wall), most often in the form of multiple, regular, rectangular spaces in the top of the wall, through which arrows or other weaponry may be shot, especially as used in medieval European architecture.

Blog Entries

Yeah....like he said...crenellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Maybe, but then the tranqueros will just use tires, zinc, and scrap metal.
    Tranqueros.
    All those new words.

but they don't have rifles. and if they did if they put them in the holes they would not be able to see the sights. I still think somebody just had the decorator touch!

Gas and four hour lines, supers empty, getting ready for the paro tomorrow. 24 hour paro seems more manageable and gets the point across and less for the police to shoot at.

Blog Entries

One cousin and her three daughters, plus another cousin's daughter, are arriving on US soil soon, for the duration. They expect to go back to school in the fall when this is all over.

Blog Entries

Good thing you are an architect.....you can design your own house addition, eh?

Blog Entries

Yes, complete with crenellations!

I let the little women design additions-- she is far more artsy craftsy than me. anythink I build ends up looking like a warehouse with fancy landscaping.
    Got word that the first 2 relatives to leave are in Panama on their way to the US.they are dual citizens so they weren't in the visa/passport trap. Don't know their long term plans.

Seems the guy who was assassinated in his car in mga yesterday had quit his job 3 days earlier and was serving out his 15 day notice. Don't quit, run?

Limited traffic in Esteli, la colonia full of food and people preparing for tomorrow's paro. 500 foreign trucks have been allowed to leave.

I always wanted to build a house designed after La Polvera in Granada! But it would be too tacky in today's conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Yes, complete with crenellations!

Had an absolute goat rope of the last several days on my end. After the BS on Saturday night a former employee of mine who we are very close to in MGA and I decided to have her send her kids to us in Texas for the "duration", can't believe that word is being used but Goddam is it appropriate. I was in the DR after being in Haiti and was flying out, as the DR has better flights and where I am is not close to PAP. So all this is taking place while I am making my way to a connecting flight to get back to Texas, where I have a meeting up north west of Ft. Worth.

Well the kids will be traveling as unaccompanied minors, I will be in Ft. Worth, they are arriving in Houston due to the connection complication of unaccompanied minors and the economic limitation of the parents. So I basically tell the mom "Sure, absolutely I will be in Houston on the 12th to meet them", "Send them on, I will be ready and awatin'" (like the Gail Davies song). Now I had just come through Houston and flown into DFW and was scheduled back out of there on the 13th. Well this whole unexpected deal put a serious hitch in my giddy up. I conjure, finagle, call in favors, and have some outright good luck and get my happy ass back to Houston with minutes to spare, rent a car one way to the luxurious and exotic Rio Grande Valley and pick the kids up.

First stop: The Waffle House. Welcome to these United States of America.

Next stop: Dairy Queen in Refugio, Texas.

Where the 11 year old girl says to me "Toda la gente de Dairy Queen son bien gordos y a los del Waffle House les faltaban dientes" For you gringos on board that is "Everyone at Dairy Queen is real fat, and the ones at the Waffle House all were missing teeth" (And for the record, that was the damm skippy truth) But they took to the Blizzards like a Duck on a June Bug.

So now my coconut wife is step mom to a pair of Nica kids who are about to learn about intricacies of deep South Texas and legit Tex-Mex, not that San Antonio fufy stuff.

Oh, and I might have two more on the way this Saturday. I am in the states this week and next and then it is back to Haiti for a spell, so que sera, sera.

Blog Entries

I haven’t thought of Gail Davies in decades!

Blog Entries

Well one thing they have going for them in your neck of the woods, won't have to worry about learning Ingles.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

No wonder the Aggie is hiding in Haiti, can't go home.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bor...Q3F?ocid=ientp
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Kinda quiet, can't hear any traffic on the Panam. some gunshots last night, word is squatters are taking farms east of town. another target is the Ag college north of town. Not only is it good farm land, but it is owned by the Catholic church. Bishop Mata and Danny are long time enemies. Sandino lives, on to more victories.

40 cops quit in Diriama, priests moved in to keep the yahoo element from burning the facility. First small crack of substance in Ortega machine.
    Paro seems well organized and well received.

European couple in the neighborhood for 8 years or so voted with their feet. Another family moved back in with relatives downtown. Another had their house robbed while they were at work, don't know what happened to their German shepard. Grandkids' dog is sick, vet suspects it ate a poisoned rat.

On the positive side, we ate yesterday in the new location of Restaurante SN downtown, which used to be in the mall. Yuppy food well prepared, but not much of a breakfast menu. Kinda quite, we were the only customers.

Restaurante SN downtown
    Always liked the SN in metrocentre. I'd moved there from Cafe Don Luis.

Parking was available, it was quiet, yuppie following . Great staff,, good food, a more consistent experience. Fast WiFi. Pan handlers at Don Luis were getting out of hand too.

Didn't know it moved ,, no signs indicating new location.

couple blocks east of la colonia, across from the paca that sells tools. Big place, loaded for bear but street parking.

also, recently we went to La Quinta, about 10 clicks east of la pelota on the road to la concordia. 4 thumbs up! Excellent food, on par with anything in Esteli. I had my favorite, jalapeno steak.
    Clean restrooms, pain-free chairs, parking, structurally sound roof. really a surprise in the campo!

Back to town, just got word of another family we know--they ran the tranques, bus, walk, another bus, etc. all the way to the airport. Safe and sound in Spain.

Latest share the wealth scheme-- Sandis are looking at planos of lotifications which were required to set aside Areas Verdes which belong to the city government but are not developed. they are generally brush or weed patches. They are squatting on them. I imagine the plan is for their buddies/relatives in the Alcaldia to deed the land over to them. Onward to more victories!
    Last edited by el duende grande; 06-14-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Krisnia is up there with her vago husband,, and extended family,, sleeping under a tarp on the damp ground, six months pregnant.
    No light, no water,, no nada.

Hard to fault them,, with what a lot in Estelí WAS costing.
    No work, no money,, so why Not roll the dice ?

I heard that there was quite a bit of TomaTierra going on around Esteli.

Blog Entries

Is La Quinta the place with the sketchy-looking swimming pool?

No. it has a big wall and inside parking but I didn't see a pool. I was told it is only about 6 months old.

Tranquistas if you prefer