Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious stuff....

Blog Entries

Default Serious stuff....

Just saw a video of some Nica Justice, that I totally agree with.

The citizens apparently caught the guy who set fire to the house that killed a family.

The vigilantes then burned him alive...and that is the video that I saw....him burning.

It was a first for me....I rarely see videos of people being burned to death.

Whew!
    Last edited by Little Corn Tom; 06-18-2018 at 01:30 PM.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Serious stuff....

Yup, I agree with that, too.

Blog Entries

Once this is over there will be revenge killings for years to come. All the Police in pics or videos, all marked for life. Will never be over.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

An amazing transition--soft spoken boys in starched blue shirts turned into mass murderers overnight. Not to mention the window dressing bimbos who couldn't cut it in the real world.

Other brain fart, about how what the govmint gives the govmint can take away--

Free medical care for all that made obamaCare look like amateur hour, till they banned injured students.
    Free internet in the parks, until they found students protesters were using it.
    "community based policing" till they found the community was the enemy.

Onward to more victories!

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Blog Entries

There are 3 armies in Nicaragua--the police, the ejercito, and the granddaddy of them all, the Vagos.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Free medical care for all that made obamaCare look like amateur hour, till they banned injured students.
    Our cousin that was killed was a doctor, killed for trying to treat injured students.

Blog Entries

A couple people have been shot while filming with cell phones. 3 dead in Masaya today.

Blog Entries

In today's Wash Post, "Nicaraguan city (Masaya) chooses to govern itself as crisis intensifies"
    The protest leaders say they don’t recognize Ortega’s government, which they blame for the deaths of more than 200 people in civil unrest over the past two months. They declared a five-member “junta of national salvation” to administer Masaya, including cleaning up trash and restocking food in a city of blocked streets. “What we are doing is making it official,” Yubrank Suazo, a coordinator of the protest movement in Masaya, said Monday of the new governing commission. “In fact, Masaya has not recognized this government for weeks.”
    See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil: be a wise simian

Blog Entries

All the conditions of war except one--one side is not fighting. They are determined to use "non-violent" means to accomplish several goals, depending who you listen too. The business types want early elections, the Catholic Church wants an end to the violence, some students and others want the Ortegas to leave. Some others, less publicized, want the nihilism of Sandino or the communism of Fonseca. So far they have gained the aid of the church and the human rights types and have raised eyebrows in Washington D.C. Through their efforts, the mask is off and that part of the world that will accept the truth now see Nicaragua for the dictatorship that it is.

It has cost them 200 dead, thousands wounded, and a wrecked economy. The new wave of emigrants would have happened anyway as Nicaragua is a failed nation, but now these emigrants leave with a political axe to grind.

So here we stand, a massive social rebellion with a least the tacit support of a large segment of the population and a government determined to restore their power by force. It is hard to see how any compromise can be had that would even begin to satisfy both sides. No crystal ball, maybe just an endless downward spiral like Venezuela.

Shots fired on the south end of Esteli tonight.

Blog Entries

There are 3 armies in Nicaragua--the police, the ejercito, and the granddaddy of them all, the Vagos.
    The Vagos Army scares the shit out of me.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

All day all over here yesterday the rumor is that the tranques on this side will open for 3-4 days. 2 bus loads of food made it through day before last. Supplies are scarce here, no cooking gas, no sugar, no salt, no veggies, and no chicken. But we have the sea and lot of farmland on this side, fresh beans been coming in, cheese is at a record low price as the milk cannot be shipped, lots of plantain, pina, yucca, and such, no shortage of fresh kill meat.

Oh Shit, and no Beer. Bluefields without Beer is like being on a different planet.

Scalpers out in full force, every little thing is up 20% minimum and some stuff is double or more.

Still plenty safe to walk the streets here, mood is not so good but you can still hear some laughter, neighbors still kidding each other.

All my friends here know I read a lot of news, they keep asking what I think, honestly I am confused, spend most my time shaking my head. If the tranques open for 3 days, why man them for months, makes no sense. Upside down, inside out, backwards. Am starting to fear this is going to drag on forever, and if it ever does end there will be nothing to salvage.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

The opposition doesn't have the power to win at this point and if they back down they will lose momentum and fear massacre. Ortega plans on winning and the negotiations are just a stalling tactic. Non-violent resistance only works when you are dealing with a weak or a moral and reasonable power. Like the quote attributed to Stalin "How many divisions has the Pope?".

A far as the vagos, I lived through the riots in L. A. and I know what you mean.

Still vague reports of fighting at the Esteli tranque but no details.

Blog Entries

Nothing adds up. I understand each sides agenda, but neither are going to get what they want. They are destroying this Country to make what may end up being a mute point.

Move over Haiti, new Poorest Country in the Hemisphere.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Immediately after the Wash Post story,
    "Nicaraguan city (Masaya) chooses to govern itself as crisis intensifies"
    Masaya Stormed by Paramilitary Forces and Police ... Shooting at will,... took control of part of the City - Havana Times

Meanwhile, the vice-president and First Lady, Rosario Murillo, has made statements to official media calling for a stop to “this wave of hate, terrorism and boundless atrocities”, referring to the demonstrators against her government, and assured that Ortega “was working to stop it.”
    Confidencial: Paramilitares y policías masacran Masaya: 6 muertos
    Dispararon con fusiles de guerra contra ciudadanos armados de huleras (sling-shots)
    Last edited by Daddy-YO; 06-20-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Gioconda Belli's open letter (translated) to Rosario Murillo, the vice president, first lady, government coordinator and its only spokesperson, is worthwhile reading. especially if you've read her personal account of the anti-Somoza revolution, "The Country Under My Skin - a memoir of love and war", 2001 https://www.havanatimes.org/?p=134787

Blog Entries

Taking a cue from the Arizona Veterans Administration--don't let the wounded in the hospital= no paper trail= there were no casualties!
    Several wounded in Esteli last night, hospitals blocked off by police.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Once this is over there will be revenge killings for years to come. All the Police in pics or videos, all marked for life. Will never be over.
    Bits from pharaoh Zuck's FB. The first couple from TRN's Bill_Bly_CA:
    ... a disturbing thread has developed in a lot of the (relatively open) buy-sell groups in FB where PN and JS are being identified and petitioned for "Action" (I'll let you guess what "action" is) - It is believed the cessation of regular violence those marks will be apparently actioned upon in the year, two or 3 after. I am told the same cycle occurred from 90 to 95 ish.
    _____ I make that comment above not to condone or give credence to it, but to give context on why the violence has not stopped - It has not stopped as both sides believe they will be "taken out" if they are the looser, so they have no reason to stop and even more reason to ratchet it up. ____ Sad turn of events for sure...
    . . . it is not all violence - Some people have positions of stature or market share, or open licence to do something because of their affiliation to the FSLN (Loosely or passionately) if the FSLN loses power they lose that access. This is why both sides have relatively deep support structures.
    And from "Ivan Pavlov", for any tourists still around:
    I live in the reserve at Laguna de Apoyo. Only access is by foot, bicycle or moto. We have been locked in for 2 1/2 weeks now. I went to Granada last week and encountered 18 tranques between the entrance of the reserve and Carterra a Masaya. It took me 2 hours to reach Granada from my home. Normally a 30 minute drive. 70%-80% of the businesses in Granada are closed. Major groceries have fair amount of stock, but have low or no supplies of bread, dairy, rice, beans, beer, sodas, water, etc. Lines at gas stations last week were probably a 20-30 minute wait. 2 trucks were filling tanks at the Puma. 2 hour lines at the banks. I have to go back to Granada tomorrow so I will be able to see any changes over the last week. The reserve and rim areas around Apoyo have been peaceful for the last few weeks, but really no way in or out.

Blog Entries

Tranque in Esteli gone yesterday morning, but still little traffic as I hear the tranque in La Trinidad is still up. They cleaned the area, so other than some ash at the side of the road there is no trace. Land seizures a problem, one friend and one relative had lots in esteli seized. They showed up with deeds and chased the thieves away, but one is now paying somebody to "watch" her lot. Somebody told me now the Sandinistas have a tranque, but I haven;t seen it yet. They are probably just holding the space.

Sinsa and maxilpali received multiple trucks, there were more employees stocking shelves than customers.

https://www.havanatimes.org/?p=134836

I almost started a new thread,,

Nicaragua Dreaming . . On Such A Rainy Day

Sergio Ramirez has the creds, but is this wishful thinking on his part?

The whole family will have to go,, as CookShow pointed out,, the revenge killings will go on forever, and Ortega's family will be considered complicit , a symbol of the betrayal, and will remain targets.

On the plus side, they've stolen enough to buy media outlets in Spain, and anything else they want,, and Laureano will be in a better position to pursue his love of opera and Big Wang

They won't own a country anymore,, true, but the food will be better.

Que se van,, se van!

Tranque in Esteli gone yesterday morning, but still little traffic as I hear the tranque in La Trinidad is still up. They cleaned the area, so other than some ash at the side of the road there is no trace. Land seizures a problem, one friend and one relative had lots in esteli seized. They showed up with deeds and chased the thieves away, but one is now paying somebody to "watch" her lot. Somebody told me now the Sandinistas have a tranque, but I haven;t seen it yet. They are probably just holding the space.

Sinsa and maxilpali received multiple trucks, there were more employees stocking shelves than customers.

From what I hear,, people are still afraid to travel. Especially at night. I have a friend who is making a run to the Airport tomorrow at 3AM. I arranged for my foreman to accompany her,, via a private car that will take a circuitous route to avoid whatever tranques that still exist. She is leaving from Estelí. At least, that's the plan. One man's golpe de estado is another man's niche business opportunity.

The price was surprisingly reasonable!!

I have not heard of any bus holdups yet, but it's probably inevitable that someone will set up an impromptu tranque and rob a bus or two.

More, the buses are running erratically, and have reduced schedules. We have only one bus a day up and down from Condega to La Lima..

She is spending a day in Managua, immigration and some other errands,, and then will leisurely board her flight the following day.

That Sinsa and MaxiPali are restocking must mean that they know . . . something . . . I can see how Ortega leaving would be kept a secret from the great unwashed. COSEP will know,,, and the Church,
    but anyone who has lived there knows how impossible it is to keep a secret in Nicaragua.

If the Ortegas leave quietly, we could be where we were pre-April in a year or two.

Thanks to El Duende and Daddy Yo for reports on the ground.
    There is a lot of clutter, not to mention shameless spinning.

CNN would feel at home in Nicaragua.
    They could partner with NuevaYA, same politics

If the Sandis loot the country on the way out,, it might take longer than the above estimate.
    The government is drawing down their central bank reserves,, last number I heard was $152 million.

Sandi severance checks ??
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 06-21-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Blog Entries

You never know what is said in private, like between the US ambassador to the OAS and the Ortegas. I imagine the Trumpster sent a nasty message. Surprised he hasn't come up with a classy name like "Rocket Boy".
    Still no sign that Danny is a quitter or he has lost his base or lost his nerve. His forces are playing Takeback on the ground but avoiding large body counts. They are filing complaints with the human rights types and their case is being made by Prensa Latina and Telesur.
    The opera ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Former tranque site well guarded by uniforms and plain clothes.

Blog Entries

The Sergio Ramirez interview on TV was done at least 3 days ago. Since then Danny's 'paramilitary' army has attacked the protestors in Masaya and more. "Violence in Nicaragua Undermines Peace Talks 2 Months Into Uprising" as yesterday's NYTimes' headline stated.
    “You cannot be in a dialogue on the one hand and killing and murdering on the other,” Álvaro Leiva Sánchez, the secretary of the Nicaraguan Association for Human Rights, said after the violence in Masaya. “It’s not possible.”
    Following the US embassador to the OAS Carlos Trujillo's meeting with Ortega, there will be a press conference tomorrow, a sesión extraordinaria of the OAS.

The representantes del movimiento campesino stated in today's Confidencial "No nos van a desmovilizar." They aren't backing down. There are currently "more than 156 tranques" in Nicaragua that they are standing by.

And a third baby girl was born at the tranque in Jinotepe

Blog Entries

I dispute that you can't kill people and talk at the same time, but it might become a deal killer.
    Anyway, the bishops went on a march today in Masaya that was well turned out. On the news (100%) tonight there was a post that the police agreed to stop attacks and release the prisoners. We'll see. Even the lefties in the OAS must be embarrassed by the Ortegas. Or embarrassed they got caught.

Sinsa and maxi are stocking because they have to make hay when the sun shines. They are already short on customers because people are afraid to buy, they are holding onto their cash. But not being stocked makes it even worse, so when the trucks get thru they stock and assume the customers will straggle in. When it gets down to the nitty gritty, you have to sell something just to make payroll. Speaking of payroll, some friends who work in commission sales in one of the gyp joints are earning peanuts, and the bad news is if they get layed off their severeness pay will be based on their last month's peanuts.

A lot of the tranque runners are using country roads, many of them dirt. They have to be a mess in the rains, another thing to fix someday.
    Lotta cercos going up in the neighborhood. People who have owned lots for 10 years suddenly getting the urge to fence them. Go figure, Sandino lives!
    Last edited by el duende grande; 06-21-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Yesterday in Bluefields I passed a corner I had passed an hour or so before, were a few veggies on the 2nd pass, then rounded the block and saw a truck unloading chicken and people already lined up over a hundred deep. Tranque Busted?

Hearing a lot of people looking to leave, most everyone here has some friend or family off and have them working on it. Friend's grand daughter asked me the other day, she had been going to college before all this, seems to have her shit together, CR is easy but does not have anyone there. She has a few Cousins in Panama, told here go where she has people, too young and nieve to be on her own.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Absolutely. It is amazing how rapidly and cruelly reprisals that have already taken place.

Hotel Masaya burned 2 nights ago at hands of the paramilitaries.

3 nights ago the owner of Hotel Masaya was front and center on TV.

BTW, I stayed in the Hotel Masaya a week ago cuz I ran out of the daylight I needed to cross all the tranques between me and Catarina. Thats the room I stayed in behind the a/c unit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    political correctedness has run wild and the outrage police are everywhere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast