Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Honestly I have no clue WTF you're blabbering on about. Too bad El Doc isn't here.
    Show the numbers, who produces here, not you....
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Transito update--asked a relative if he has heard anything and he says a friend just came back from mga and was stopped 4 times. No chit chat, they were looking for money, legit or otherwise. Gee, if they make it too bad they can kill internal tourism just like they killed foreign tourism.

And they never do anything about the trucks going 10kph spewing thick black smoke behind them.
    Do you suppose that they are not paying the cops or other civil servants?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Tell the folks who is most read.

Babble on about that.....
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Crazier than you would expect, Nica has , bigger % of Gov workers than States, abouut to be problen.
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Facebook is a killer for all forums I guess. Tons of Nica pages on the FB, expats here, there, everywhere. We have a buy, sell, trade page for Islands.

Nobody from Nica was posting before April, the few that did post are still here, and apparantly not scared to post.

Posting more false info, used to it down here, keep up the good work.
    Agreed - I just typed with a fellow from Strathroy, about 60 miles the other way from Toronto from us - He wants to go down and buy because he heard "Prices were falling"

Chilo and I have a first 2 weeks of Jan planned.

I HAD to take off 2 weeks as my 2018 vacation cannot carry past Jan 15 2019 so I will be off regardless.

Family states that things just "are" and have quietly resigned themselves to carry on.

Sorry to see you go - Just back to Oklahoma, Louisiana, some other portion of CA?

I have even slowed up on posting on FB as the info I have from Nica is from a different time, a different mindset, a truely a different Nicaragua - Time to learn the new Nicaragua and if it is our place for the last 1/4 of life.

Chilo I know for sure wants to go back to be with sisters brothers and cousins and the like, but will it be 6 months? Who knows.

Myself I am falling back to a love of the North from my youth. Sudbury, Sault St Marie, Marathon, and Thunder bay. Maybe I will just buy 50 to 100 acres for $25K with nothing but moose bear and deer and throw up a cabin in the woods visiting Chilo in Nacaragua and the house in Kitchener that we will rent out.

Time to see what the New Nicaragua holds for us.
    Last edited by bill_bly_ca; 11-05-2018 at 11:16 AM.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

It staggers the imagination as to just how fast things changed.

At least is seems so in retrospect.

A semi-benevolent dictatorship turns a minor incident into a civil war in a matter of days. Kills its own citizens over what?!

A country, an economy, businesses, livelihoods ,dreams, and lives destroyed in days.....over what?
    Talking back to their "parents"? For "absolute control"? For ego? Only a deranged mind could have commanded it and only deranged minds could have implemented it.

This is where the expression "Shooting yourself in the foot" applies.

Good night Nicaragua......please turn off the light.

Blog Entries

It staggers the imagination as to just how fast things changed.

At least is seems so in retrospect.

A semi-benevolent dictatorship turns a minor incident into a civil war in a matter of days. Kills its own citizens over what?!

A country, an economy, businesses, livelihoods ,dreams, and lives destroyed in days.....over what?
    Talking back to their "parents"? For "absolute control"? For ego? Only a deranged mind could have commanded it and only deranged minds could have implemented it.

This is where the expression "Shooting yourself in the foot" applies.

Good night Nicaragua......please turn off the light.
    Guess all of us here knew it would happen, no one expected this....
    Ernie K Doe

Well,, If my review of their finances is correct,, they will be paying everyone in Funky Cordoba, or that new digital currency,, the Frijol,, by end of year or shortly thereafter. The economy WILL contract,, numbers vary now anywhere from 5% to 20% in 2019

Look for more dollars to leak out of the BCN as certificates of deposit come due,, and the money finds its way into the mattress. Anyone who remembers the 90's knows that dollars are gold,, as the Cordoba devalued daily. And they know that their money is safer in the mattress.

There is a lot of back ground noise.
    The mayor of Leon was dis -invited to a sister city celebration in Oxford, England;
    Camila Ortega's Nicaragua Design event is taking a lot of hits,, some of the cancellations are speaking with strong language.

Of course, she has Daddy's money, as does Tachito.

Blog Entries

I don't know what your beef is, what's gotten you so pissy, but I'm not and never have written anything pretending to know what "the real Nicaragua" is like from the air conditioned comfort of the US. Are you upset because I didn't come piss away my life savings into a turd world shithole and have everything I worked for stolen? Sorry but that wasn't one of my life's goals.
    Yep, I retired at 38, and yep I got a lot of skin in this game. Turn 50 in a few weeks, life goes on, never came here looking riches. Been a good ride.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Guess I could be like you Old Guys, wishing I had lived.
    Ernie K Doe

Yep, I retired at 38, and yep I got a lot of skin in this game. Turn 50 in a few weeks, life goes on, never came here looking riches. Been a good ride.

50 ???!!!

You're still a kid. Lots of time to decide what you want to be.

I really don't believe it's going to take as many years to resolve this (Nicaragua) as many others think. BCN is very quickly going to be between a rock (insufficient dollar reserves) and a hard spot (need cordoba to make bloated govt payroll).

You can look to Venezuela's history to see the way the financials are going to play out,, devalued cordobas, no dollars for imports,, hungry people in Managua, price disruptions in granos basicos and other cultivos.

We're already seeing a bit of that in rising corn, bean and vegetable prices.

A big difference between Venezuela and Nicaragua is,, Nicaragua doesn't have the million + barrels of oil to sell monthly.
    That is keeping Maduro and his friends fat.

The old time Sandi's had the "donation table", with sympathetic countries pouring resources in to meet Nicaragua immediate needs and cover their early mis-management of the economy. Donations are pretty much gone,, Ortega is an international pariah,, multi-lateral lending has dried up,, and the Nica Act is still coming down the pike.

Dollars are disappearing,, going into mattresses,, and they are not being re-earned.
    We all make fun of the missionaries,, but they bring dollars and there used to be a LOT of them. Ditto the medical brigadistas. A lot of this crowd has found another place to sell Jesus (and build schools, houses, and play fields).

Did I mention the tourists? And their dollars?

It's not just one thing. It's a perfect storm that is brewing. Lack of credit will cause a diminution in multiple sectors.
    Shortage of dollars (and credit) will reduce agro, fertilizer more expensive,, less area planted, and this will drive up price of basicos.

Some sectors like coffee are already stressed with unpaid debt, and coffee prices are still less than production cost. It's going to be a hard year for coffee.

Remittances are strong, and will probably increase commensurate with the increased misery on the ground.

But,, as the contraction in Nicaragua continues,, budgets will be short. There is already a serious shortfall in the 2019 budget. As spending contracts,, tax revenues decrease. The cycle of doom is difficult to break.

Unlike the US,, Nicaragua cannot "print" money.
    They can't sell treasury paper to the Chinese and Saudis.

Look to what it took the US to dig out of the 2009 recession.

But, once the Ortegas are gone,, there will be great interest on the part of the world community to bail out Nicaragua.
    Nicaragua will be a cheap tourism destination initially. And uncrowded.
    Bargains in real estate will abound. With luck,, we won't see a rinse and repeat.

The multi-laterals will step in with financing, and there will be serious money to be made on the upturn.

How long???
    Depends entirely on the Ortegas
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 11-05-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Blog Entries

From what you've posted on here, I'm not sure what you consider "living," but to each his own. You don't have kids, do you.

Blog Entries

From what you've posted on here, I'm not sure what you consider "living," but to each his own. You don't have kids, do you.
    Only papa most the neighbor kids ever known, does that make me a man in your mind??
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Whiny, bitchy, day huh Kevin.......Like my mother used to tell us whiny kids before we became "Old Guys" ..... "Nobody likes me, nobody loves me, guess I'll go eat worms".

Normally, I would prescribe FDC, but I suspect it is long past that time.

Blog Entries

You want to play expert...

Give it up..
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Whiny, bitchy, day huh Kevin.......Like my mother used to tell us whiny kids before we became "Old Guys" ..... "Nobody likes me, nobody loves me, guess I'll go eat worms".

FDC, not happening, just off Flagyl and anti parasitic.
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Somebody had to post this - Guess I will...

==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Only papa most the neighbor kids ever known, does that make me a man in your mind??

Fer sure,,,
    and your kids are going to need you over the next couple of years.

Not to mention your dogs.
    I want a couple of dogs too,, but won't bring any down until I'm there full time.
    I don't like the way the Nicas treat animals.

My cat Norman does OK,, cats are different.
    And there are lots of mice on a farm.

but my idea of a dog is different than the Nica's.
    More a family member. Less a garbage disposal.

I'm looking at a couple of those Czech German Shepherds.
    Maybe a breeding pair. Nicaragua desperately needs some decent dogs

https://www.vomberkhaus.com/

Big,, pricey,, but I figure I can feed them pig scraps from the freezer.
    Quit giving away those pig heads

Blog Entries

Was hoping for a beer Wednesday, sorry to shatter your big dream.
    Ernie K Doe

You and I are the same age. Look at things very similarly. But you had a shitload more fun the last 12 years than I have that is for damm skippy. A child, and wonderful and glorious one at that, 12 years ago changed my course in life, caused a marriage and an altered direction. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

I had, which are now reserved, plans to retire in Nicaragua as I like the shit out of it and I had figured out how to get most of the ingredients to make good Mexican food. Only other thing I was lacking was a supply of Copenhagen and I would have been golden.

Maybe we can wait this deal out some, on the sidelines for a spell, and see when it turns. The great fear is the devil that we don't know. After dealing with both groups, I strongly preferred the FSLN government folks to their predecessors. While the folks in government were not the sharpest bunch, they were glad for their positions and wanted to accomplish something and loved anything that could have a positive spin.

A big problem in this deal is that POS lost control of the natives and the license to steal, pilfer, extort, and get even is motherfucker to revoke.

You guys,,, bringing a big smile to my face.
    I'm so tired of this mid term shit,,, nice to have a distraction

Blog Entries

FDC, not happening, just off Flagyl and anti parasitic.
    Maybe why I am so pissy.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Your site hat more hits in last 24 hours than in weeks, wow, wonder how.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Eh, let's let him stew in his own juices. He's not asking for help, just lashing out like a wounded cat, living the good life in the tropics with parasites and other people's kids in that one particular harbor

Blog Entries

Get to choose the kids, Tom has seen them at my table.

Really not so bad.

Need more experts in my life.
    Ernie K Doe

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast