Thread: Google News, December 4, 2018

Blog Entries

Default Google News, December 4, 2018

Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ December 4, 2018
    NEWS
    Amid crisis, Nicaragua's cardinal becomes a reluctant national leader Crux: Covering all things Catholic
    MANAGUA, Nicaragua - For the past five months, Cardinal Leopoldo Brenes has seemed an unwilling leader in the Church's attempts to help the ...

Nicaragua's bishops brave gunfire, stand tall in Advent message Crux: Covering all things Catholic
    ROME - Amid violent persecution including Catholic bishops getting shot at, Nicaragua's bishops' conference is not holding back, insisting that the ...

Nicaragua's Bishops Brave Gunfire, Stand Tall in Advent Message The Tablet Catholic Newspaper
    ROME – Amid violent persecution including Catholic bishops getting shot at, Nicaragua's bishops' conference is not holding back, insisting that the ...

Congresswoman-Elect Donna Shalala Wants Protected Status For Venezuelans And Nicaraguans WLRN
    Shalala would like to extend Temporary Protected Status, or TPS, for immigrants from Nicaragua and Venezuela. Under the immigration status, which ...

United States: Executive Order Targets Nicaraguan Individuals Undermining Rule Of Law And ... Mondaq News Alerts
    The new sanctions authorizations arise from Nicaragua's violent response to protests that began on April 18, 2018, and the Nicaraguan government's ...

Nicaragua signs road upgrade agreement Business News Americas
    Nicaragua's transport and infrastructure minister Óscar Mojica (pictured) signed an agreement to launch works on an upgrade to a road linking .

What You're Getting Wrong About the Caravan Nicaragua News (blog)
    (OZY) As migrant caravaners tried illegally crossing the U.S.–Mexico border this past week, only to be rebuffed by tear gas fired by the Customs and ...

The Momotombo Volcano in western Nicaragua Earth.com
    Today's Video of the Day from NASA Earth Observatory features the Momotombo Volcano in western Nicaragua as it appears from the International ...

Emilio Grimalkin Halloween Edition halfwheel.com
    Aptly named the Grimalkin Halloween Edition, the cigar swapped out the regular version's Nicaraguan wrapper with a Nicaraguan-grown maduro leaf, ...

Dilon Zeledon, a Nicaraguan University Student Paying the Price for “Treason” Havana Times
    Dilon Zeledon, 20, belonged to the Sandinista-allied National Union of Nicaraguan Students (UNEN) and was studying to be a public accountant.

WEB
    Nicaragua's Ortega must reform or face downfall: analysts PressReader
    Washington has approved measures that will see it oppose international loans to Nicaragua until Ortega enacts reforms that guarantee free and fair ...

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Google News, December 4, 2018

Today's rant........

Ya know, when I read stuff like this:
    Nicaragua’s bishops brave gunfire, stand tall in Advent message

I gotta tell you I just want to puke.

The Catholic Church played a big part in getting Daniel and Tres Bitches re-elected when the church made a deal with him. They (The Catholic Church) demanded two things......One, you two sick bastards must get married and number two, you must pass a law outlawing abortions. The handsome couple agreed and the church supported Daniels re-run for the presidency. The Church brought this all on themselves and brought it all on the heads of the Nicaraguan people with their deal made with the devil.

Now the Catholic Church has what they want and the ones who paid the price are the people of Nicaragua. The Church could not be trusted then and they should not be trusted now. The Church has its own political agenda and it does not necessarily align with the needs of the people as has been shown in the past. Does Nicaragua really need more 16 year old girls with a kid on their hip and no husband in sight?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The worst conquistadors, the worst Indians, the worst criollo elite, and now the worst bishops? Poor Nicaragua.

Kinda funny that the church was trying to be a moderator and from the very beginning (or before the beginning?) they were very very partisan. Nice to pretend you are neutral (like Trump on Palestine) but eventually people will see through you.

Sometimes I think it is like Cuba. Castro and the Sandinistas were just smarter than everybody else.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Blog Entries

Church, oldest Politicians in The World....
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Church, oldest Politicians in The World....
    So true. Maybe the oldest whores in the world

If you don't watch out for #1,, who watches out for you???

This is Nicaragua's problem in a nutshell.

As an ex altar boy, I get really depressed.
    It's a mean, ugly, world, and Daniel and the Chamuka probably understand it better than most.

Who is living the fantasy??
    Them or us?
    They rolled the dice, and it looks like they lost.

Nicaragua is not Cuba, or Venezuela. Ortega mis-calculated, he could have played it differently in April and kept his hacienda.

We may see them hanging from a ChayoPalo yet.
    Or not.
    That is the fascination of it all.

Blog Entries

When people outside the country call the situation "fascinating" they sound ghoulish.

Daniel threw the dice and won.

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    When people outside the country call the situation "fascinating" they sound ghoulish.

Daniel threw the dice and won.
    Ghoulish maybe the thought of the Ortega family hanging from a ChayoPalo.

Ortega has won a couple of battles, but at what cost??
    500 dead, hundreds injured, an unknown number detained, beaten or abused, then released.

Not exactly winning over the electorate.
    With 40% of his exports going to the US, he is particularly vulnerable to a Trump tantrum.

Danny has the guns, but this war will be fought with other weapons, and like before, will bring the Sandis to their knees.

El commandante can count his friends on the the fingers of one hand,,,, and,, most of those fingers dont have any money to give him.

Starry eyed "cooperation "- Nicaraguense for beggar money) -is over. Nica Act will eliminate loans. Nicaragua cannot survive as we know it without donations and loans.
    The days of the warm and fuzzy revolutionary in the $2K designer glasses is over. There won't be any Bulgarian marmalade this time around.

I'm glad I'm off grid when Danny runs out of dollars to buy oil for his thermo -electric plants.

Two cliches:

The numbers don't lie;
    And,
    The clock is ticking
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 12-05-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Suck it up, Pirate. Daniel and his lovely wife won. With a cunning one would expect of a Stalin or a Ho, in 6 short months they changed a failing democracy into a bold dictatorship, with comparatively few casualties and virtually no damage to the infrastructure. I am sure at the private parties they joke about the the people in the streets who made it all possible.

IMF money comes with strings, so he wouldn't want it anyway. He has friends elsewhere. McRusky Act only affects a few individuals and only if they have bucks in the US.

Yes, the QOL is sinking. A lot of convenience items like having a bank in the super are gone. Tourism is dead. Restaurants are surviving but hurting (stale food has come back in style). Air fares have settled down but convenience sucks. Construction and the general economy are in recession, not depression. I haven't seen any stats on NGOS and foreign aid, but I haven't heard of any of them closing up permanently.

To say that POS & Co. "won" might be correct, but the victory is like "winning" a lawsuit when sued. Yes, one may have "won" a defended lawsuit, after thousands of dollars paid out to attorneys, but in the case of POS it is millions. Then to add countless hours of preparation, angst, and suspense. Tons of wasted time and effort, but alas the lawsuit is "won". But what did the victor really win? What prize or remuneration or object does the winner in defending a lawsuit win? The winner of a lawsuit, when sued, really wins nothing, actually he/she loses, but supposedly comes out victorious.

That is what has happened in Nicaragua. POS et.al have "won", but what have the won and at what cost? Things are bad in Nicaragua, and a large percentage of the money generators are on the sidelines somewhere else. What POS won was having the Nicaragua go back to a modern Hacienda economy with a stark and huge reliance on low wage exports and nefarious internal deals.

In the end the money is gonna get him, like KWP relates the numbers and figures don't lie.

To be clear about the Church's role in this deal, it was SOME of the church and not all of the church that was in bed with POS. There are sordid and almost too incredible tales/rumors of the manner that POS compromised the Obando character and along the way Roberto Rivas. That level of Machiavellian intrigue and blackmail just is not sustainable long term and like with the Drug Cartels, what ends up fucking them in the end is that they get too big because they only way that they can keep on keeping on is to regenerate members and associates. Until, ultimately the whole deal gets too big and too top heavy and fragments apart. That is what will happen, and actually what we have been seeing, in Nicaragua. The FSLN and POS & Co. produce no wealth, the membership is bought and paid for, histrionics, fear mongering, and class war fostering are their watchwords. It is not sustainable. In these non-interventionist PC times the sitting US President could give a rat's ass what all some communist pedophile is doing as long as he does it a long way from the border and the Russkies and Chinamen are not putting in bases (and they are not and they won't because even they recognize the deal is not sustainable in today's world, and that the country is a political basket case that the US could squash with the Louisiana and Mississippi national guard on 2 week summer duty).

What POS/FSLN has won is the ire of a region and most of the populace of the nation they supposedly represent. Just remember this oft over looked historical fact, there has never been lasting revolution when immigration of the affected population was easy and possible. The Nica's are GTFO and not a lot of their money is either staying there nor going there.

Blog Entries

Much of my working life was in the realm of cutbacks, mergers, downsizing, re-engineering, and PC foot shooting. That's the way Nic feels right now, but that does not mean it is not sustainable! General Motors is alive and well.

Blog Entries

I think maybe he did win, grand prize basket full of shit.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Much of my working life was in the realm of cutbacks, mergers, downsizing, re-engineering, and PC foot shooting. That's the way Nic feels right now, but that does not mean it is not sustainable! General Motors is alive and well.
    Well said and very true. One note on using GM as a comparison, the name should be Government Motors, from both the cash in bailout to huge buying of GM cars/trucks for government work (just like Chrysler in the 80's mind you) GM would not exist without a deep pocketed tax base with good credit so far giving it a huge loan and then buying a shit ton of their products at a high price. Basically the ol' paying themselves with their own money deal. I think a better comparison might be the SAMBO's restaurant chain. They are all basically gone, done in by what I remember as the first PC campaign when they could ill afford it. There are like 2 or 3 left I think, but they carry one a true sliver of what they once were. Or Paula Deen, sticking her foot in her mouth. She is around still, but nowhere near what she was and or might have grown to. POS/Nicaragua/FSLN does not have a sugar daddy to bail their ass out, at least not on the horizon right now.

That is what is happening to Nicaragua IMO. POS & Co. think all will eventually be forgotten and things will move on. They are living in the 80's, waiting for a sugar daddy bailout and thinking that Youtube and Twitter and such will expire. Too many dead and too many old beefs taken out on the opposition for that to happen, that is my opinion.

My honest belief is that actually POS is no longer even close to driving this ship, he is crazy and dumb like a fox. I think the latency in the countermeasures against the protest was him getting ready to give up the ghost and that he was "rallied" and pushed by those around him. What I do believe is that he does not have the internal power he once had and it is the collective of his minions driving this deal and getting what they can while the getting is good, because internally they know what is afoot is not sustainable long term. This is set up nicely for those 2nd and 3rd tier supporters, as publicly it is gonna be the upper tier that is sanctioned and takes the shit pie to the face at some point. Those below can slither and creep away and save some face and persona.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    My honest belief is that actually POS is no longer even close to driving this ship, he is crazy and dumb like a fox.
    Yep...
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??