Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ January 1, 2019
NEWS
Journalists Demand Nicaragua Stop Attacking Reporters NPR
Worldwide journalism groups are demanding that the government of Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega stop its attacks on journalists. Costa Rica ...

Timeline Nicaragua: Eight Months of Civic Rebellion Havana Times
Nicaraguans are experiencing one of the worst crises in many years. Confidencial and its Niu magazine summarizes the chief occurrences of 2018 in ...

Torrington optometrists' mission trip to Nicaragua stopped by civil unrest Torrington Register Citizen
TORRINGTON — For the Blondin-Shea Eye Care office in Torrington, the post-holiday period has long been a busy, even hectic time of year. For the ...

Nicaragua: OAS to Consider Applying Democratic Charter Havana Times
Luis Almagro: “Don't hide in a childish discourse that disqualifies you”. Only Venezuela shared the position of Nicaragua. Ecuador questioned, Bolivia ...

My Greatest Desire for 2019, the Dream of Nicaragua's Victims Havana Times
And I replied: I wish for Daniel Ortega and Rosario Murillo's government in Nicaragua to end immediately, for this is a government that has lost all ...

Nicaraguan President Steps Up Brutal Crackdown On Press MediaFile
In May, MediaFile reported on the Nicaraguan government's censorship of the media following a popular uprising in April. In the past month, ...

13 Cigars from 2018 That Belong in Your Humidor Robb Report
Its Ecuadorian wrapper and binder, along with Colombian, Dominican, and Nicaraguan filler tobaccos, are all taken from the 2006 harvest. The flavors ...

Mission of Hope targets need in south Texas Plattsburgh Press Republican
As Mission of Hope marked two decades this year, civil unrest in Nicaragua, including violence, suspended the Peru-based organization's trips there ...

Cigar Aficionado Magazine Awards Micallef Cigars a Place in the Top 25 Cigars for 2018 PRNewswire (press release)
The company recently expanded operations at their new factory in Esteli, Nicaragua. 2019 will see Micallef Cigars rolling out an expansion of their ...

Censored in 2018: Protest videos, court verdicts, real news — and Peppa Pig Global Voices Online
Photos of protesters killed in Nicaragua, confirmed by independent news site Confidencial. Photo compilation by Confidencial. Individual photos via ...