Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ January 22, 2019
NEWS
Nicaraguan journalist flees to Costa Rica, fearing government threats Washington Post
MANAGUA, Nicaragua — One of Nicaragua's most influential political watchdog reporters said Sunday that he has gone into exile in Costa Rica after ...

Leading Journalist Flees Nicaragua, Citing 'Extreme Threats' From The Government - NPR
Carlos Fernando Chamorro: Nicaraguan journalist flees citing threats - BBC News
Top journo who fled Nicaragua says nation's press threatened - Minneapolis Star Tribune
Full Coverage

Letter | Nicaragua not comparable to local City Council Santa Cruz Sentinel
19 in his Nicaragua piece. I am also a former solidarity activist who edited articles from Nicaragua during the Contra war, and I visited Nicaragua a few ...

Council conclusions on Nicaragua (21 January 2019) ReliefWeb
Nicaragua: Council adopts conclusions. The Council adopted conclusions on the situation in Nicaragua. Since April 2018, demonstrations in ...

EU deplores Nicaragua crackdown, stands ready to help Minneapolis Star Tribune
BRUSSELS — The European Union says it stands ready to use all peaceful means available to help prevent further human rights abuses in ...

EU Threatens Action against Nicaragua Amid Political Crisis - Havana Times
More than 500 Nicaraguans marched in Costa Rica against the government of Daniel Ortega - Q Costa Rica News
European Union warns Nicaragua of sanctions over rights abuses - WION
Full Coverage

Nicaragua: Council adopts conclusions EU News
The Council adopted conclusions on the situation in Nicaragua. Since April 2018, demonstrations in Nicaragua have been brutally repressed by ...

EU deplores Nicaragua crackdown, stands ready to help Toronto Star
BRUSSELS—The European Union says it stands ready to use all peaceful means available to help prevent further human rights abuses in Nicaragua, ...

Devastating Interview with Rafael Solis, Exiled Nicaraguan Supreme Court Justice Havana Times
The ideologue behind Ortega's unconstitutional reelection in 2011, acknowledges his “political responsibilities” as magistrate on the Nicaraguan ...

Nicaragua energy investment roadmap: What's on offer Business News Americas
Energy projects that have yet to obtain funds top the Nicaraguan government's 2019-21 development policies and projects roadmap that identifies ...

Letter: Balentine throws heat, not light, on wall The Forecaster
He then names “India, Pakistan, Romania, China, Nicaragua, Ecuador.“ (I'm terrible at geography, but last time I checked, Nicaragua was in Central ...

Periodismo independiente desde el exilio Confidencial
Tengo la convicción de que vienen días mejores para Nicaragua, y es imperativo mantener abiertos todos los espacios de libertad de expresión, para ...