Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question.....

Blog Entries

Default Re: Question.....

They’re doing the tighten-up. Normal when a recession is coming on. The Great Recession brought on by Wall St flim-flam with subprime mortgages caused the same reaction in the US & elsewhere. Our power elite got bailed out, taxpayers sucked up the slack. Here the Sandi elite are doing their best to dodge the hurt too. But then along come the moral overlords from the North to say, “We’re going to put a hurting on you guys too!”, meaning. “You got a lot of nerve stepping on Wall St toes. Who do you think is running this penny-ante show?”
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

The economic hurt that is taking place in Nicaragua is 100% at the feet of POS & Co. This has the danger to devolve into a transfer or grab of wealth by those empowered by the Government, that is what quite a few folks, with a little money, that I know are fearing. The FSLN can emit the mantra of "I can't pay you any longer but what you can grab and take is yours". There is some of that going on already. Kinda like a less formal version of the Pinata that includes supporters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    The economic hurt that is taking place in Nicaragua is 100% at the feet of POS & Co. This has the danger to devolve into a transfer or grab of wealth by those empowered by the Government, that is what quite a few folks, with a little money, that I know are fearing. The FSLN can emit the mantra of "I can't pay you any longer but what you can grab and take is yours". There is some of that going on already. Kinda like a less formal version of the Pinata that includes supporters.
    Like what? Land grab?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

There are a few going in Managua - Tomateres (sp) took the land in the uprising - PN booted them off and now DOS and Co are selling the plots back for 2 to 3 K each One large plot by the airport, others north of the US embassy and one up by Galarias - The one by Galirias was near a country club so the name appears to have stuck as Bar Countryclup - There are a smattering of pieces on Laprensa from the past 3 or 4 months.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    There are a few going in Managua - Tomateres (sp) took the land in the uprising - PN booted them off and now DOS and Co are selling the plots back for 2 to 3 K each One large plot by the airport, others north of the US embassy and one up by Galarias - The one by Galirias was near a country club so the name appears to have stuck as Bar Countryclup - There are a smattering of pieces on Laprensa from the past 3 or 4 months.
    LCT: Bill is correct, there are those and several other smaller grabs or takes going on. Also, I am aware of one business and one starting up construction project that had the developers very leveraged being bought at a large discount. Businesses and properties for those on the wrong side and or those deep in debt are gonna be easily obtained fire sales.

The debt level in Nicaragua right now is historically high. The low, at least for Nica, interest rates of the past 5 years or so lulled a lot of people into being heavily leveraged. That is not going to end well for either the lenders or the borrowers, but for the scavengers it will be grand. Natural cycle of economics in an unstable LatAm country.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123