Thread: No Power Again in Condega

Default No Power Again in Condega

and all three cajeros were out of cash.
    All three are located in the front of the Pali,, a completely disgusting place with narrow aisles and dim lighting.

You have access to the cajeros only when Pali is open,, 8AM to 7PM.

The tobacco companies began paying through bank card,, so there is a lot of pressure. Lines are long Friday through the weekend.
    Couple that with the inability of the users to understand that the cajero can only dispense in even amounts divisible by 100,
    and you have many users trying again, and again, reading from a crib sheet before pushing the buttons for the prompts.

If they finally do have some success,, they stand in front of the cajero, counting their money three times.
    I think I know now what Mejia Godoy was thinking when he sang,,, Nicaragua,, mi Nicaraguita
    He probably wrote it standing in line at a cajero.

We used to have just one cajero,, a BanPro, now we have a BAC and a La Fise.
    The BanPro was frequently out of cash,, but wouldn't admit to it,, telling you instead that your card was defective.
    That was always good for a blood pressure rise, even though you knew it was BS.

Shelley stopped by for some Cords to pay the Fence guy,, and even though the machines were out of cash,, there was a line down the street,
    on the cum,, hoping for the cash truck. We don't have a bank in Condega.
    Those cajeros are our only source of cash.
    Pali has a generator,, so when the Condega power is out, the cajeros still work ---- if they have money.

Gas is really going up in price,, but I've seen it more expensive in relation to the dollar.
    It has to reflect the devaluation of the cord,, as anyone who sells oil is not going to accept cords (or beans) in payment.

But,, it's quiet up here in the north. That counts for a lot. Some "Enchanted Couple" billboards defaced with what looks like well-placed Molotov cocktails,, but little else.

Weather has turned perfect,, too hot in Condega and Esteli,, but ideal here on the farm. Cool nights perfect for sleeping,, warming mornings,, hot afternoons,, and as soon as the sun dips behind the hills,, cool evenings,, still and settled,

Blog Entries

Default Re: No Power Again in Condega

And so it begins......the end that is.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember my first trip to Condega, by bus. I had to go from place to place to get change for 100 cords to pay the cab and then went thru a similar drill to get change for another 100 to pay the restaurant!

We are down to dry season power outages, the big ones are for maintenance or so they say. The neighborhood is up in arms with the developer for being 10 years late in finishing the sewer system. He says he is sick and broke, I say so am I!

I don't know what the chiltoma farmer down hill from us is going to do for fertilizer if we ever get our system fixed. I guess there are winners and losers in every struggle. Onward to more victories!

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

love being in Condega. this is where my family live. every time we visit i never want to leave. i enjoy running on the pan am highway. always said i would run to esleli if i ever had a chance.
    most of the time when we go their we stay there till time to leave for the airport.
    really hate that the next time i go i want be able to see my old friend Manwell
    my little girl

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

By the way, the road work north of mga is moving along but passage varies from day to day near Tipitapa. The other day the bus did its own bypass and left the Panam and snuck in the back door to Mayoreo, bypassing the airport altogether. If anyone is going to the airport, verify that with the bus driver. Other trips we just lost about 20 minutes and stayed on the highway or detoured thru Tipitapa and returned in time to pass the airport.
    Looks like the construction will last for months, it is a major re widening.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"