Thread: Google News, April 2, 2019

Blog Entries

Default Google News, April 2, 2019

Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ April 2, 2019
    NEWS
    Fate in limbo, many Nicaraguan exiles struggle in Costa Rica Washington Post
    SAN JOSE, Costa Rica — Back in Nicaragua, she owned her own home and made enough as an elementary substitute teacher and lawyers' assistant ...

Nicaragua Committed to Negotiations, FM Assures Prensa Latina
    ... we have agreements for peace in Nicaragua, for the pacifist coexistence of the country, and for the future of Nicaragua citizens,' affirmed Moncada.

Nicaragua: Repression Continues Despite Ortega's Pledge to Respect Liberties - Havana Times
    Nicaragua Committed to Negotiations, Foreign Minister Says - Prensa Latina
    Full Coverage

Mayorga: If I Don't KO Martinez, I'll Walk Back To Nicaragua BoxingScene.com
    The veteran boxer, who many also regard as the madman of Nicaragua, has a professional ledger of 32-11 in the won/loss column, plus 26 knockouts.

We must stop the next great Latin American crisis before it's too late The Hill
    For a brief moment last year, the world's eyes were fixated on an unlikely target: Nicaragua. After unleashing a brutal crackdown on anti-government ...

Nicaragua Protest Icons Lead March of Exiles in Costa Rica Havana Times
    The march began Saturday in the La Merced park, a meeting point for Nicaraguans in San Jose, Costa Rica and culminated in the Plaza de la ...

Last Working Week for Negotiation Table in Nicaragua Prensa Latina
    In a communiqué issued on Sunday, the Nicaraguan government's delegation at the negotiation table condemned those violent acts disguised as civic ...

Troubled Nicaragua suffers major GDP contraction Business News Americas
    Nicaragua's central bank said the economy shrank 7.7% year-on-year in 4Q18 despite a relative winding down of tensions between protesters and .

Nicaraguan Exiles in New York Demand Freedom for the Political Prisoners Havana Times
    HAVANA TIMES – A group of Nicaraguans living in New York joined the call of the Blue and White National Unity to sing songs in a sit-in that took ...

A rainbow of hope Hannibal.net
    Arch United Methodist Church partners with The Rainbow Network to provide resources to Nicaragua for residents in need. For 13 years, Arch United ...

IFEX-ALC, AMARC-ALC, and IAPA to present recommendations for addressing Nicaragua's ... IFEX
    "Nicaragua's upcoming UPR is an important opportunity to improve the climate for freedom of expression in Nicaragua, which is now in a critical ...

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Default Re: Google News, April 2, 2019

https://www.bnamericas.com/en/news/b...dp-contraction

I wouldn't trust Olvidio Reyes pronouncements any more than the Ortegas' signed acuerdos,, he has his nose up the Chamuka's ano at least two inches.
    Could be more.

He's been selectively releasing data, delaying much of it.

As Daddy reported, there is a lot of latent wealth maintaining a comfortable lifestyle for many. They can last until things turn.
    Others won't be touched, and a few will profit handsomely from the troubles.

Commodity prices are definitely up, but I sense that the end sellers are making all the money,,, not the campo producers.
    "No good crisis should be wasted",, the people expect to pay more,, let's meet their expectations.

I came across a truck full of MiraFlor red potatoes yesterday in Condega,, parked in front of a fruit and veggie seller.
    The seller was asking 15 cords / pound for the potatoes.
    I bought a quintal off the truck for 950.
    They are great potatoes,, scrub them with a scruffy pad and eat them like an apple.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the big winners among the expats are the skirt chasers. In what seems like the blink of an eye a big percentage of Nicas realized that their short term (5 year) prospects had gone up in gun smoke. What better time to snuggle up to a foreigner. A woman even tried to pick me up at the supermarket, what is the world coming to?

Surfers are holding their own, they live low on the food chain and are a fun loving bunch. And they seem to bring their own chicas.

We are tightening up a bit. A fruit stand opened up on the way to the nieces house so we stop once or twice a week, better/cheaper than Maxipali. We even hit a distributadora this week. Used to shop them all the time when we were in town, but got the lazies somewhere along the line. You get the dozen price on stuff if you buy 3 of something.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

" . . . A woman even tried to pick me up at the supermarket, what is the world coming to? . .

Maybe she was just looking for someone to practice her English with?

Advantage of shopping at La Colonia,, rather than Pali.
    Much higher class of girl.
    Of course,, she (read: you) will be putting butter on her toast instead of margarine.

I've got some smiles recently at SN,, unattached girls sipping a cup of coffee.
    But, I'm done with all of that.
    I'm working on my relationship with the pigs
    As Ariana used to say frequently,, for example, when the shoes she wanted didn't fit,, "My Life Is Shit!"

Everyone is suddenly studying for a degree in business administration.
    Good for a job as a bank clerk , when the banks start hiring again in a few years.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A guy doing some work for us today said it is all quiet in the old barrio-- all the vagos went to the US.

As in the US, they really should just start giving out Bachelors degress in Pizza Delivery.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"