Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: YouTube of the day

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: YouTube of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    Luke & Travis' Great Adventure in Nicaragua. Two brothers from Kelowna, BC, Canada, buy land from a man on the street in SJdS for $1,000 in 2008, and build it into the Surf Ranch hotel Resort with a pro skateboard camp, paintball course, climbing wall and more. Well filmed and as fascinating as it is unbelievable.[/video]
    I am watching it now - They have been plugging it pretty hard over the past 2 weeks in the FB groups
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

This one showed up in the suggested list.

Youtube suspended email notification mid August so now I have to watch the youtube home page for updates. Kinda frustrating as the emails could be kept until I wanted to watch that specific video.

This sounds like a UK couple on our island. Is you can avoid giggles of the Man Bun it shows some highlights of the island.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    Luke & Travis' Great Adventure in Nicaragua. Two brothers from Kelowna, BC, Canada, buy land from a man on the street in SJdS for $1,000 in 2008, and build it into the Surf Ranch hotel Resort with a pro skateboard camp, paintball course, climbing wall and more. Well filmed and as fascinating as it is unbelievable.
    I liked it - While they speak like "Dudes" they have some real tenacity there...
    Last edited by bill_bly_ca; 09-08-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Slim goes from the province of BC to the Yukon and had to self isolate for 14 days and then set off on another camping adventure.

BC btw got a gut punch of doubling of (new) cases yesterday, over 500, when the day before was something like the low 200's

And more than 1/2 of the 2100 active cases (in BC) are 20 to 49 yr olds. over 80% of cases are below 29 and only 15% above 50..

Blog Entries

Opinionated Aussi John C goes over the effencies of making Crude into usable fuel.

Blog Entries

I'll do 2 today since I missed one day last week..

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee has been ported to YouTube it appears.

Watched it first on Crackle then I think it switched to Hulo for a bit when I fel out of touch with it.. For those who have not seen it is a wonderfully sublime 15 to 20 min piece where Jerry Seinfeld takes out "Another Comedian" and goes for Coffee. Jerry picks a car to drive that closely matches the personality he is interviewing that day. - They are _all_ good.. But I had not seen this one before and I so love Lewis Black's work...

Blog Entries

I can only guess that it was because I watches Comedians in cars getting coffee that this bit by Rowan Atkinson popped up (Mr. Bean)

While this is very British speech on being able to express ones thoughts, it is still really good.

Blog Entries

Adjustable home built Jet nozzles.... Who would not click on that...

1m:26s - Guy speaks German - Yep that's about right...

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Adjustable home built Jet nozzles.... Who would not click on that...

1m:26s - Guy speaks German - Yep that's about right...

Go Kart engine possibility ? Slow out of the curve, but hell on the straight-away

Blog Entries

Fellow deconstructs HAARP conspiracy crap and does a good explination on how it works.

Blog Entries

There are a few videos a year I kinda eagerly anticipate.

The few times a year tent visit to the Tent by "Joe" is one of them - This is a one hour video.

It is a semi-permanent tent in Northern Minnesota , must be 9 years now and I bet I have been watching this for about the same time period.

Blog Entries

TN cabin fellow plays with the Yanmar to build stuff.

Looking at this I will want to rent one up north but the closest rental place is 2 hours aray I am finding..

We had our first frost hitting roof tops this morning @ 3C

Blog Entries

Connections, James Burke - Probably the most memorable show of the late 70's for me.

The history of how things happened rather than the thing that happened.

Blog Entries

Cowboy Kent recreates Taco Bell without the "Run for the Bano" part..

Blog Entries

Martin winds down summer 2020 at the cabin.

So,, you don't have a problem with bums breaking in during the off-season ?
    It seems everyone has one of these summer cabins.

What a great country.
    And no rioting, looting, burning , either.

Blog Entries

James Burke had another series int he 80's - THe day the Universe Changed - I liked that one better than the connections one - But both have equally important content.

This one I watched on our 21" Admiral B&W TV - When my parrents bought the fancy new Sears colour TV, 21" as well I think, I goth the old B&W - Used right through college at the end of '87

Blog Entries

Camping with Steve does a ride down the North Sakatachawan River on the home built pontoon boat I posted last year...

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    So,, you don't have a problem with bums breaking in during the off-season ?
    It seems everyone has one of these summer cabins.

What a great country.
    And no rioting, looting, burning , either.
    I know many in Northern Saskatchewan leave their cabins unlocked in the remote area....in case someone is lost can get shelter. But they do have issues as morons have been known to ransack the place!!! But locking it does nothing, as then one also has a broken door to deal with!!

Blog Entries

Joe just yammers on about prepping for winter.

I like the prep for winter as much as winter itself (Chilo thinks I am mad .. Mad I tell you)

Blog Entries

Our Blithering idiot took to the airways last night ....

He doesn't blither as badly as our idiot.

As much as I love Trump, I wish he were less of a gantster and more of a president.

But,, then he wouldn't be Trump

Blog Entries

With his back against the wall, Trump's inner NY gangster is coming out. The popular press and TV and social media barons are overwhelmingly against him. Crowds that are not part of his scheduled arrivals or rallies boo him. His supporters tend to be respectfully silent. not street rabble hanging loose, prepared to make a scene for the news cameras, and ready to vote on Nov 3. Most are working-class stiffs that maintained the supply of food, fuel. goods and services for the rest throughout this pandemic and support families. Not the welfare crowd who simply enjoy a good riot, a chance to loot what's not covered by welfare. And university students, supported by work-from-home parents, who simply know better than all the old dolts running things.

And so this pandemic, that never really was, that baffles the world's greatest scientists into proclaiming,"Just stay away from each other, until we say so," with total authority. This pandemic has scared 69% of the Democrats from voting in person Nov. 3, 'forcing' them to demand universal mail-in ballots. Only 19% of Trump supporters will be voting by mail. This has created a unique situation.
    Hawkfish, a data firm associated with Democrats, predicted that Election Night results could show Trump in the lead, with a total of 408 electoral votes. Four days later, with 75% of the mail-in votes counted, Biden would take the lead, with 280 electoral votes and, with all the votes counted, the former Vice-President would win the Presidency, with 344 electoral votes. - from the NYer, 9/28/20 issue, The Legal Fight Awaiting Us After the Election
    After the 2000 election Bush vs Gore being decided in the Supreme Court along party lines, the Democrats have lawyered-up heavily for this battle. Rosa Brooks' Transition Integrity Project is prepared, even talking of street-level violence. Brooks is backed by George Soros. Read her Foreign Policy article from Jan 2017, 3 Ways to Get Rid of President Trump Before 2020, to get a whiff of where her scheming goes (option two: impeachment), here,
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/30...mendment-coup/

2017 seems a long time ago.
    So, the Dems tried "all of the above" with no success. And a bunch of other things as well.

At this point, one would have to admit (one being an unbiased observer) that Trump has taken all they could dish out and has persevered,, if not triumphed.

Had BLM waited until after the election to do what they do, it might have been a different story. Joe might have squeaked (or snoozed) in. No more.
    Burning Looting Murder of police officers doesn't sit well with the majority of Americans, Black, Blue, or Brown.

Ortega, Maduro,, Castro,, all hoped for a better outcome. Joe, more importantly,, Kamala Harris, and the other progressives who are running him, have no interest in Cuba, Venezuela,, Nicaragua. Quite the contrary: Many have visited, supported, honey-mooned with their Marxist brothers-in-arms. They could expect Joe to turn a blind eye (when his eyes are even open), and certainly Harris has no argument with fellow commies. She has bigger fish to fry. Joe is even talking about re-opening Cuba. Why ?? Not why would he re-open it,, WHY would he talk about it NOW ?

Trump probably doesn't know where Nicaragua is, nor Venezuela, exactly, and knows that Cuba is somewhere south of Key West. He does know that he doesn't like commies. And the real problem for Ortega is, Trump's a loose canon. And the Chamuka is ugly. And after he's re-elected, he's going to have a lot of time on his hands.

Crazy Nancy and Crying Chuck will probably find some specious grounds to impeach him again,, but,, he's been there, done that. The MSM will gang up on him,, but who cares ?

Kayeigh McEnany will lift her well turned and amusing middle finger to the press.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...lection-421152

Trump will get back on Air Force One and do what he loves to do. Visit the folks. In the meantime, we'll all get vaccinated (or at least enough to do the job) the economy will come roaring back, Trump will embark on his infrastructure dream (if he can find the money - how much more can we print) ??

Answer: A lot, if the dollar remains the world's reserve currency.

And Nicaragua? Unless Ortega turns on the Gringos,, who cares ?
    And there is no reason he should, if he hasn't already.
    If he walks a fine line in 2021,, he'll die in the job. He has no real opposition.

The missionaries,, brigadistas, and cheap tourists will return in droves.
    The retirees too,,,, memories are short.
    And you can still live well in parts of Nicaragua on $1000 /month.

Life is good. I just need to get home.
    Krisnia is not going to wait for me forever.

Blog Entries

Dear Pirate, it's a pleasure to read your optimistic forecast, with Krisnia waiting at rainbow's end. I admire Trump, what he's doing, but he's no politician. If only he'd taken a course at Wharton on double-speak, he might have been able to dodge some of the continuous shrapnel. It's not pleasant for Trump-fans to see blood-soaked front page news every day.

Biden=zero. It's tough for us raised on Beetle Bailey to see Zero suddenly to go from private to commander-in-chief. It doesn't bother Dems. Everyone knows this election is simply Trump against himself, the public perception of their president. And in this new age of the control of our personal data, people, statistically speaking. are more easily sold, which is to say, conned, convinced. Or so we are to believe.
    You ask, "WHY would Biden talk about re-opening Cuba NOW?" Well, ... simply cause they'd like us to believe the former v.p.=Obama, and Obama was popular. Not that Obama would ever campaign with Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Burning Looting Murder of police officers doesn't sit well with the majority of Americans, Black, Blue, or Brown.
    This is exactly right, esp. with regard to Latinos, who totally hate what they see and still see America as the place where those with drive can make it, and are the main reason Trump'll take FL, even with the brainwashed, liberal, oldster mail-in votes.

But PA is a big question mark. As are several other key states. I'm prepared to see this election go either way. And perhaps because I tend to listen to more pro-Trump propaganda, I tend to view the battle for control as being between pro-China and contra-China elite (i.e., already powerful) forces. Which boils down to the authoritarian vision of world growth (globalism) versus a determined insistence on withdrawing from a terminal & dangerous dependence on China. Both cast big shadows. The totalitarian subjugation of humanity is the Orwellian extrapolation of pro-China by those opposed. China is powerful economically and militarily. Opposing its expansion in Asia and other parts of the world requires national alliances and the question of who is forcing its will on whom may lead to world war, which could very well burn off much of the coronavirus along with humanity. The reality, regardless of who wins the US presidency, lies well within these apocalyptic extremes. Neither joker will be in sole control of America.

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940 LastLast