Thread: San Juan Packed to the Gills

Default San Juan Packed to the Gills

No cheles, but half of Managua seemed to be on the beach. A block back, the hippie haunts were deserted.

Really hot, and when the breeze stopped in the afternoon,, a sauna on the sand.

Everybody in great humor. Last beach time before the rains.

On ths way back it started raining in San Benito. By Darío I had to pull off the road,, the wipers couldn't clear the windshield.

Despite heavy traffic and a nasty a accident between a Toyota Hilux and a semi (semi won,, big time,, someone died in that one),, made it from SJdS to Estelí in five hours.

Fun filled day,, and passing a 5mph Russian ruta up a hill caught the attention of a young transito,, who with a "we're not all bad guys",, "I like your attitude" explained the law, in detail, and then let me off with a warning.

WTF??? What is happening to the Nicaragua I knew and loved?

Blog Entries

Default Re: San Juan Packed to the Gills

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post

Fun filled day,, and passing a 5mph Russian ruta up a hill caught the attention of a young transito,, who with a "we're not all bad guys",, "I like your attitude" explained the law, in detail, and then let me off with a warning.

WTF??? What is happening to the Nicaragua I knew and loved?
    OMG!!! Say it ain't so!!!!

I got out of a ticket for the same thing once because Maria jumped out of the car and threatened among other things to tell her Mother and this young cop did not want to f**k with her mother...."She is a Pasos". The kid just sighed and handed back my license....he just could not take it. I kinda know how he feels now.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: San Juan Packed to the Gills

Went with a friend on a day trip last week to Wiwili. great scenery and the sad part about the road condition is that the worse part of the trip was getting out of my barrio in esteli!. We did the loop up the NS side and back on the Jinotega side. We were able to cross the river with no problem, but that won't last long with the rains coming. Mediocre grub in Palacaguina and Pantasma, but we survived.

Sparsely populated, dry on the NS side and green on the Jinotega side. Todo tranquilo and no police to talk about. But of course when we go back my wife said we were nuts because 23 people died. Of course the internet never lies!

Nex tI want to do some botonizing around la Dalia and Muy Muy. I hope the internet doesn't rain on my parade.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"