Thread: What's up with aduanas?

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What's up with aduanas?

Dentist says she is running out of supplies because of hangups in aduanas. hardware store says some of their stuff is not coming from CR because the vendor doesn't want to ship. another guy has a regular shipment of cremas y vitaminas held up and he is afraid he will have to dump it if it is in the hot warehouse too long.

I suspect they are on revenue enhancement mode for la situacion, but does anyone have more info?

We live in interesting times where many people blame every little thing on la situacion. It's like the xmas rush in aduanas without xmas.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Default Re: What's up with aduanas?

" . . .We live in interesting times . . "

Indeed

We got unusual treatment at the border when we came through with our last load. Paid a lot more than we usually do. I'm doing a shipment through Optima mid June,, so it will be interesting to see what happens then. They've always accepted my declarations in the past and not opened the box.

Prices are increasing everywhere, but Charmin is back in PriceSmart. No peanut butter, but the ayudante says,, end of month. I'm sure he has no idea, but I'm not the only one asking. I didn't see a single chele in PriceSmart, really unusual.

I hit both the old one,, and the new Carretera Masaya store.

Imports are way down,, helping to maintain BCN dollar reserves, so aduana may have more time on its hands to nit. I've also seen some shortages of electrical items from Costa Rica.

I don't follow the CR news so don't know what is happening with that idea of the truck ferry from Guanacaste to Honduras/El Salvador.

That will be a game changer if they pull it off.

Driving to Managua has been significantly easier and faster, part of it may be the completion of the four lanes to Tipitapa, but overall,, traffic is lighter everywhere.
    I made it from Condega to Estelí in half an hour earlier this week.

But, life goes on, paro or no. We got our first serious rain on the farm last night,, 2.64 inches.
    We're in the clouds this morning,, humidity at 94%. It's interesting to watch them descend, and then go back up

Now starts the eternal campo debate: should I plant, or should I wait??

Blog Entries

Lot of thi gs happening that do not get much press. Big Spanish agro company pulling out, they accounted for over half of air freight. Lot of Lobster and Fish were sharing those flights..

Live Lobster has become a good market in last 5 years or so. They do not like sitting around waiting on stand-by....
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maxi pali does not have cheddar and doesn't turn on their cooling system when needed. Banks close to empty and I heard the downtown BDF closed and the mall one is being remodeled. heard Casa Pellas is giving 0 interest loans cuz the banks aren't loaning. Farmacy said the Aleve shortage was because a factory in mgs closed. the longer I stay here the more things seem to hurt!

Googled some flights from mga and most days are pathetic, like MGA-MIA with 3 stops. United dumped all their stuff on copa which has too many stops and a ride south to go north.

Trafic light on the open road, but bumper to bumper and stupid in Esteli
    Sinsa has knocked off its big sales, which was the only time they were competitive.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Lot of thi gs happening that do not get much press. Big Spanish agro company pulling out, they accounted for over half of air freight. Lot of Lobster and Fish were sharing those flights..

Live Lobster has become a good market in last 5 years or so. They do not like sitting around waiting on stand-by....
    Kevin......Were those lobster going to the US? I have never seen live Caribbean lobster here.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

There was a piece in La Prensa a couple 3 weeks back where Aduanas wanted to throw a nickle per Kg on every piece of air freight - Guess that worked out well....
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

If countries made their own stuff, aduanas would only be for luxuries.

Blog Entries

I just spent a bunch of time crunching up large cardboard boxes and stuffing them into about five trash bags. I realized that we are importing more trash from China than actual goods. All that packaging material is loaded on a container ship, trucked around, and ends up in our landfills and recycling places.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I just spent a bunch of time crunching up large cardboard boxes and stuffing them into about five trash bags. I realized that we are importing more trash from China than actual goods. All that packaging material is loaded on a container ship, trucked around, and ends up in our landfills and recycling places.
    This is a thing up here - China is starting to make noise of importing the raw logs rather than the wood pulp sheets to make the cardboard. So far we have staved them off. Looks like they may turn to Russia, mind you their mature logging is almost as far away as us and need to be transported by train which costs more..

Blog Entries

Lumber in Nica has been itchy subject for a long time. RAAN been getting raped a long time. I would bet logging is on the increase. >
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Lumber in Nica has been itchy subject for a long time. RAAN been getting raped a long time. I would bet logging is on the increase. >

And you know all of the "Benefit to the people bull crap" I bet the real reason for good roads to the RaaN and RaaS is for more efficient moment of said logs...

Blog Entries

One Granada (Yanki) resident restaurant owner posted (or defecated as per Tom) haw someone from the Gov'ment showed up at his place to ask about allegations of not playing nice with the FSLN .

He says the allegations raised are unfounded, but he has been quite a vocal person so I bet they are somewhat founded.

Now at the time (yesterday) he was in Miami so what the context was of the visit was never really revealed.

Blog Entries

If the gringo is rich, maybe they’re just hitting him up for protection money, mafia style.