Thread: Google News, May 24, 2019

Blog Entries

Default Google News, May 24, 2019

Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ May 24, 2019
    NEWS
    Nicaragua warns banks of sanctions if they join strike Associated Press
    MANAGUA, Nicaragua (AP) — Nicaragua's finance minister warned banks Wednesday that the government will sanction those that participate in a ...

General strike slows commerce in Nicaragua CityNews Vancouver
    MANAGUA, Nicaragua — A general strike called by Nicaragua's opposition to demand the release of political prisoners is having mixed effects.

Nicaragua opposition strike observed, in part FRANCE 24
    Managua (AFP). A national workers' strike called by Nicaragua's opposition to protest against the government of President Daniel Ortega was partially ...

Nicaragua: Ortega Announces His Plan to Stay in Power - Havana Times
    Qatar- Nicaraguans join strike on political prisoners - MENAFN.COM
    Nicaraguans join strike on political prisoners - Gulf Times
    Full Coverage

Nicaragua: General strike anger over political prisoners Aljazeera.com
    Thousands of people in Nicaragua have gone on strike as opposition supporters demand the release of political prisoners. Human Rights activists say ...

Rights court implores Nicaragua to protect prisoner lives Journalducameroun.com - English
    The Inter-American Court of Human Rights has called on Nicaragua's authorities to protect the lives, health and physical well-being of 17 prisoners ...

Nicaraguan-American composer Gabriel José Bolaños joins ASU School of Music Arizona State University
    “I was drawn to the eclecticism and openness of the composition program at ASU, Nicaraguan-American composer Gabriel José Bolaños said.

Eastern Pacific tropical disturbance to unleash flooding rain in Central America this weekend AccuWeather.com
    "For the next few days, the heavy rain is most likely in the higher terrain of Nicaragua and Honduras, but could extend to the mountains of El Salvador ...

Fighting the Gates of Hell: The Hope for Christians in Iraq Nations Media (blog)
    Without the allure of luxury tourism like its neighbor Costa Rica, Nicaragua is often neglected. The country still suffers from the effects of American ...

Nicaraguan Opposition Holds General Strike to Demand Prisoner Release Democracy Now!
    In Nicaragua, opponents of President Daniel Ortega held a one-day general strike Thursday to demand the release of hundreds of political prisoners.

Vincy Heat opens CONCACAF Nations League versus Nicaragua Searchlight Newspaper
    St Vincent and the Grenadines' senior men's football team Vincy Heat will open their campaign in the CONCACAF Nations League against Nicaragua, ...

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Google News, May 24, 2019

Looks like to Google-Bots missed this interesting twist from the Havana Times...

Havana
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

That will speed things up!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Big difference between this time and last time is the remittances. Doesn't matter that they don't go to D&R, they are still dollars and eventually make their way to BCN where they can be used to buy gasoline and other stuff.

I saw the Taiwan thing too, I struggle to see where the US sits here, and the Euros. Maybe letting the OAS process play out ??

The lighter traffic IS really nice.

I was in Migración Monday, the young lady went back to check on my residency, and almost immediately came back:
    "It's there, but it's not ready"
    "We'll call you "
    Today INTUR called and asked for a photo of my passport first page that showed number???

I've been staying across the lane from the AirportX ,, the Airport Inn. Same reception, water is hotter, smaller room, very quiet,, big AC,, too big,, $15 less than X.

Great and inexpensive pupusas in the residencia where the hotel is located.

Blog Entries

Those papusas are great. A friend stays at that place all the time, loves it. I stayed in Monti Christi many times, cool little neighborhood, convenient to airport. A upstairs bar/restaurant towards the main entrance, food is hit or miss but nice, quiet place.

Remittances were up something like 25% 1st quarter, was in paper a while back.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe