Thread: Google News, November 22, 2019

Blog Entries

Default Google News, November 22, 2019

Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ November 22, 2019
    NEWS
    Pro-government supporters attack Catholic church in Nicaragua as tensions flare Reuters
    MANAGUA/MASAYA, Nicaragua (Reuters) - Supporters of Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega tried to storm a church on Thursday, with a priest ...

Nicaragua: Pro-government crowd attacks church parishioners - Washington Post
    Full Coverage

Opposition activists hold hunger strikes in Nicaraguan churches Catholic News Agency
    Managua, Nicaragua, Nov 20, 2019 / 05:01 pm (CNA).- Pro-government forces in Nicaragua have ended a siege of the Managua cathedral as ...

Ortega's Nicaragua: Cathedral desecrated, priest and nuns attacked - Church Militant
    Full Coverage

Rights group: Nicaragua plans charges for detained activists Hartford Courant
    Authorities will file charges against a group of anti-government opposition activists, including 13 who were arrested for supporting protesters ...

US says Nicaragua's surrounding of church sheltering protesters 'unacceptable' Midwest Communication
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is deeply concerned about hunger-striking protesters in a Nicaragua church, who currently cannot ...

Miami Nicaraguans Auctioning Traditional Masks To Aid Refugees Fleeing Ortega Regime WLRN
    Tens of thousands of Nicaraguans have fled their country's political violence since last year. Most are now refugees in Costa Rica - and Nicaraguans ...

EU urges Nicaragua to end crisis after church attacks New Europe
    More than 320 people were killed in Nicaragua in the protests against the administration of President Daniel Ortega, which began in April last year.

The Ortega Government Made Democracy “Impossible” In Nicaragua, Says OAS Commission Dialogo Americas (blog)
    Nicaragua is engulfed in a political and social crisis since the massive protests that started in April 2018 against the Ortega government, whose ...

US says Nicaragua's surrounding of church sheltering protesters "unacceptable" Thomson Reuters Foundation
    WASHINGTON, Nov 21 (Reuters) - The United States is deeply concerned about hunger-striking protesters in a Nicaragua church, who currently ...

Pro-government crowd attacks church parishioners in Nicaragua WAtoday
    Managua: Political violence broke out at a Roman Catholic church in the Nicaraguan city of Masaya on Thursday as government sympathisers ...

US STATE DEPARTMENT SPOKESWOMAN SAYS 'IT IS WELL PAST TIME' FOR NICARAGUA TO ... Yahoo News
    U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT SPOKESWOMAN SAYS 'IT IS WELL PAST TIME' FOR NICARAGUA TO RELEASE THE MORE THAN 130 POLITICAL ...

WEB
    NICARAGUA: EU condemns arrest of activists and lack of dialogue LatinNews
    On 20 November, the European Union (EU) condemned the recent arrest of a group of political opposition activists in Nicaragua, labelling the incident.

Nicaragua Mack Trucks
    Nicaragua: Nicaragua Machinery Company (NIMAC) KM 7 ½ C.Norte. Gasolinera UNO, 150 mts al sur. Managua Tel: (505) 2263-1151

OAS Commission: Nicaraguan Regime “Alters Democratic Order” Confidencial
    The OAS commission concluded that in Nicaragua there is an “alteration of the constitutional order that seriously impairs the democratic order”

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Google News, November 22, 2019

As the battleground between anti-gov't protesters and pro-gov't forces moves into the churches of Masaya and Managua, it is an education to read the warning issued by v.p. Rosario, as translated in Havana Times:
    We Christian Families of this Blessed, in Solidarity, and Forever Free Nicaragua pronounce ourselves indignantly before the new manipulation from known Religious Sectors that in the painful 2018 led, together with well-known agents of Savage Capitalism, together with atheist, abortionist and denatured Movements, an intent at a Coup d’Etat, in which crimes of hate were committed, kidnappings, tortures, roadblocking and dividing the Country and Public and destroying Private Property in an infamous human devastation and of the National Economy.
    (Denatured Movements? The translation may not be the best. I couldn't find the original 'Proclamation'. Still you get the idea.)
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    As the battleground between anti-gov't protesters and pro-gov't forces moves into the churches of Masaya and Managua, it is an education to read the warning issued by v.p. Rosario, as translated in Havana Times:

(Denatured Movements? The translation may not be the best. I couldn't find the original 'Proclamation'. Still you get the idea.)

Havana Times usually has the original Spanish somewhere on the site.

Will the Ortegas go to Mexico like Evo? I always thought Spain,,
    There is nowhere in Cuba to spend their millions,, beautiful country, but petty boring place.

But,, they probably remember that Spain extradited Pinochet to Chile.

I have a bad feeling about this,, after Trump is re-elected his attention will be more focused. It would take very little to push Nicaragua over the edge. Up to now, it's just been aggravation from the minimal personal sanctions. The Sandis have had to find others to sign checks; Petronic DNP can't accept credit cards.

I'm not afraid of the Ortega government, but in times of chaos there are always opportunists who take advantage of the lawlessness.
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 11-23-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't expect any plane rides, Danny ain't no quitter.

"Denatured". I like that, a good word!

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Blog Entries

DOS and Company, got some problems; 1) No one wants them 2) Any place that does take him is going to want a rather large chunk of the change he has accumulated.

Some other issues, he has a pile of kids, they used to like to fly to Miami on Fridays for a beer and buy pair of jeans sort of kids. He has to find safe haven for them as he knows his enemies are going to use the same tactics the Sandanistas did, kill your enemies Children first, make your enemy sweat.

He will win 2021, even in fair election (when could that ever happen), he will end in the way most dictators do, I would venture a guess in his case they will replicate the Somoza missile up the ass approach, seems fitting he goes the same way the dictator he overthrew to become dictator went out.

He is going to run this Country into the ground, and unfortunately there is no one qualified to try to pick up the pieces, will takes decades to get back to anything near 3rd World. JW always called the Coast 4th World and I always laugh as it is somewhere close to truth,man,but what a glorious 4th World it is,Mainland cannot survive way we do over there.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    DOS and Company, got some problems; 1) No one wants them 2) Any place that does take him is going to want a rather large chunk of the change he has accumulated.

Some other issues, he has a pile of kids, they used to like to fly to Miami on Fridays for a beer and buy pair of jeans sort of kids. He has to find safe haven for them as he knows his enemies are going to use the same tactics the Sandanistas did, kill your enemies Children first, make your enemy sweat.

He will win 2021, even in fair election (when could that ever happen), he will end in the way most dictators do, I would venture a guess in his case they will replicate the Somoza missile up the ass approach, seems fitting he goes the same way the dictator he overthrew to become dictator went out.

He is going to run this Country into the ground, and unfortunately there is no one qualified to try to pick up the pieces, will takes decades to get back to anything near 3rd World. JW always called the Coast 4th World and I always laugh as it is somewhere close to truth,man,but what a glorious 4th World it is,Mainland cannot survive way we do over there.
    Kevin, I rarely if ever disagree with you on stuff Nicaraguan, but POS would not win a fair election if he ran. But I do on the election bit. One of the draw backs of the last 20-30 years for the Sandi's has been that even the impoverished have gained some insight into the world, via the interwebs and communication. Jose and Maria Siespack have a lot better idea of how jacked up things are. Nicaragua is truly well represented by the GueGuense, one face to "Spaniards" and overlords and another to the rest of society, a total fake pretense of intentions and beliefs. That is what is going on right now in Nicaragua. The GueGuense aura is in full effect.

I communicate with many workers in the Free Zones, several of them pretty regularly. The lower class rank and file are against the government, privately. Even former or current FSLN backed labor union activists are against the government. They don't publicly say this, and they tout their supposed allegiance in public, but in reality they know the country is doooommmmeeeed, like the kids were always told they were on Scooby Doo dooommmeeed by the villain if things don't change.

The economy of Nicaragua depends 100% on the US in today's world, if the US finally gets enough of the redass they can break them economically in a few days. Maybe it won't happen, but with POS and his minions running amok the chances are a lot better that it could, and a large portion of the masses realize this.

They will take the handouts, relish in the fake revelry, wear the Tshirts, but they want assurances, just like all human beings, of something better in the future and the FSLN doesn't offer this right now.

Blog Entries

He wins 2021, fair or.......

Opposition exist but hiding in shadows, hearing some banter from those abroad but they were quick to haul ass to figuring will be slow to come back.

He is going to run it into the ground, he has to insulate his kids, he is old and knows his fate, he will be assassinated, is how these things work out.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post

Will the Ortegas go to Mexico like Evo? I always thought Spain,,
    There is nowhere in Cuba to spend their millions,, beautiful country, but petty boring place.
    Not going nowhere -Stubbern old fart will stand his ground.

I have a bad feeling about this,
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

As Kevin said, he has to take care of his brood and they are all scrambling as of late to get out of the shadows. Also as Kevin said it is going to cost him and his a lot of money for him to leave. If I had to predict what will happen, I would say that like with so many things Nica, that there is an untenable compromise put into place that allows him to keep most of his wealth while an agreeable candidate, agreeable to the hard core FSLN and the splintered opposition, is put out to run for knowing they will win in order to get 3 to 5 years of stability. His brood will be sent off to other countries as care takers of the ill acquired gains and this chapter of the latest revolution to end all revolutions will be somewhat settled, until the next chapter.

If POS is killed, it will come from within to make him a martyr and rallying point.

All in all Nicaragua is a big ass mess.

Blog Entries

Spelling error, Billions, not Millions......
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post

Well said and very true. Think about it.
    If the world goes to crap would you rather be in NYC, Miami, Manaugua, Bluefields, Corn Island, or Little Corn Island.
    In which place could you most likely find / grow / catch food and survive without freezing to death or being killed for the food?
    Of course, reality is somewhere in between but the islanders have a way of shrinking their needs to adapt to the money available.
    And no one expects the government to help or fix anything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    If the world goes to crap would you rather be in NYC, Miami, Manaugua, Bluefields, Corn Island, or Little Corn Island. . . .
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    As Kevin said, he has to take care of his brood and they are all scrambling as of late to get out of the shadows. Also as Kevin said it is going to cost him and his a lot of money for him to leave. If I had to predict what will happen, I would say that like with so many things Nica, that there is an untenable compromise put into place that allows him to keep most of his wealth while an agreeable candidate, agreeable to the hard core FSLN and the splintered opposition, is put out to run for knowing they will win in order to get 3 to 5 years of stability. His brood will be sent off to other countries as care takers of the ill acquired gains and this chapter of the latest revolution to end all revolutions will be somewhat settled, until the next chapter.

If POS is killed, it will come from within to make him a martyr and rallying point.

All in all Nicaragua is a big ass mess.

Well,, Bolivia has shown us another possibility. There is no opposition candidate, and unless they find someone with a death wish,, probably won't be.

But, the army could step up and "save" Nicaragua. Root out corruption, maintain a caretaker government until opposition parties could develop and flourish. Not permit any Ortega family to ever run again.

They've got to be thinking about it. And probably even talked to the US about it.
    Fanciful, I admit, but they are probably dying to use those Russian tanks for something.
    A siege of El Carmen would be perfect.
    And there is really no downside for them,, if they package it carefully.

Blog Entries

Well,, Bolivia has shown us another possibility. There is no opposition candidate, and unless they find someone with a death wish,, probably won't be.

But, the army could step up and "save" Nicaragua. Root out corruption, maintain a caretaker government until opposition parties could develop and flourish. Not permit any Ortega family to ever run again.

They've got to be thinking about it. And probably even talked to the US about it.
    Fanciful, I admit, but they are probably dying to use those Russian tanks for something.
    A siege of El Carmen would be perfect.
    And there is really no downside for them,, if they package it carefully.
    And if they partner with the right players.....I suspect that the Nicaraguan military and the US government have a close and long relationship.

Danny's punks won't mess with the military.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Polanko District would be fine, Mexico has a long tradition of offering exile. Nice shops and restaurants, too.
    But Danny ain't no quitter. Old "revolutionaires" don't retire.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"