Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ November 26, 2019
NEWS
Nicaragua: Pro-government crowd attacks church parishioners Hartford Courant
Political violence broke out at a Roman Catholic church in the Nicaraguan city of Masaya on Thursday as government sympathizers attacked ...

Prominent Nicaraguan journalist returns from self-exile Minneapolis Star Tribune
MANAGUA, Nicaragua — Prominent journalist Carlos Fernando Chamorro returned to Nicaragua on Monday after nearly a year in self-exile in ...

Text of a Notice on the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Situation in ... Whitehouse.gov (press release)
The situation in Nicaragua, including the violent response by the Government of Nicaragua to the protests that began on April 18, 2018, and the ...

Carlos Fernando Chamorro Returns to Nicaragua Havana Times
Today I return to my homeland together with a group of Nicaraguan exiles, each of us assuming our own responsibility, given the lack of guarantees in ...

Nicaragua: Concern for Human Rights and Political Instability Expressed by Jesuit Network Ignatian Solidarity Network (blog)
Following a violent clash between police forces and student protestors at the Jesuit University of Central America (UCA) in Nicaragua, international ...

Journalist critical of Daniel Ortega returns to Nicaragua after exile in Costa Rica The Tico Times
Nicaraguan journalist Carlos Fernando Chamorro, a critic of the government of Daniel Ortega, returned Monday to Managua from his exile in Costa ...

After 8-day hunger strike, Nicaraguan mothers transported to hospital Catholic News Agency
Managua, Nicaragua, Nov 25, 2019 / 05:02 pm (CNA).- A group of mothers who had been conducting a hunger strike in a Catholic church in ...

Answer: Nicaragua is where family and surf become one, daughters feel the transcendent power of ... BeachGrit
In Nicaragua, at Rancho Santana, family and surf are one and I see your smirk, your doubt, your thinking somehow I've become a corporate shill, three ...

UWSP student sets sights on training Nicaraguan firefighters Stevens Point News (blog)
“My Nicaraguan host offered to help connect me with local fire stations, so I could come back and help inform them on some strategies and ways to ...

In Nicaragua, She Dodged Bullets. Now She's Stuck at the Border. EIN News (press release)
(Ciudad Juarez, Mexico) The sting of tear gas was still in Julia's eyes when she ran into a public park in the center of the Nicaraguan city of Estelí on ...

WEB
Student Protests Ignite Nicaraguan Universities Confidencial
After the imprisonment of 16 activists when they tried to bring water to the San Miguel church, university students revived their protests in Nicaragua.