Thread: Google News, January 9, 2020

Blog Entries

Default Google News, January 9, 2020

Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ January 9, 2020
    NEWS
    Nicaragua: Civic Alliance Splits from the Blue and White Unity Havana Times
    By Leonor Alvarez (La Prensa). The separation of the Civic Alliance (AC) from the National Blue and White Unity movement (UNAB) is now official.

NC man accused of using threats to force wife, stepdaughter into sexual servitude WTVD-TV
    CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. -- Authorities said a man is accused of using threats of deportation to force a woman from Nicaragua and her daughter ...

Gallery to showcase Central American culture Jamestown Press
    A Peace Corps volunteer who served two stints in Central America is using paint to express his affection for the area. The exhibit, “Leaving Nicaragua,” ...

Parrots topic of SIBA monthly presentation Idaho Press-Tribune
    Hille has been doing research in Costa Rica and Nicaragua for the past 15 years. His presentation will focus on the 16 species of parrots that are now ...

Made in China Jeans Becoming More Scarce as Sourcing Slips Sourcing Journal
    At the same time, a diverse array of suppliers, from Vietnam and Pakistan and Cambodia to Egypt, Jordan and Nicaragua, have consistently posted ...

I'm 64 years old and I'm tired, America The Independent
    The rest of the excursions in my lifetime, from Korea, to Vietnam, to El Salvador and Nicaragua, to Iraq (twice!), Afghanistan (hello, still there!) and now ...

Iran's Leftist Allies in Latin American Accuse Trump of Prompting War Breitbart
    “Iran's threats of revenge put Nicaragua in a very delicate situation because our alliance with them makes us a potential target,” he explained. “It is a ...

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Default Re: Google News, January 9, 2020

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...prompting-war/

Nicaraguan dictator Daniel Ortega did not mention the United States in his statement on the tensions, but the country’s former ambassador to the United Nations, Julio Izaco Gallard, warned this weekend that tensions had put Nicaragua and other Latin American allies of Iran in a “delicate situation” as the U.S. could start attacking Iranian-backed terrorist cells operating in those territories.

“Iran’s threats of revenge put Nicaragua in a very delicate situation because our alliance with them makes us a potential target,” he explained. “It is a situation that can escalate and there could hypothetically be measures that hinder the freedom of Nicaraguans to travel to the United States.”

Uh,, Duh. ???

Send that 40% of your current export to Venezuela and see how it goes.

Or, to Iran. They don't have any hard currency, spent the $$ billions that Obama gave them,, but they could pay you in pistachios. Their Rial is as bad off as the Bolivar.

Or, to Cuba. They'll pay you in . . . .. (Hmmmm,, let me get back to you on that one).

Bolivia and Ecuador are gone,, who did I miss ?

Blog Entries

Mr. Pirate, I confess I don't understand what you're getting at w.r.t. exports and the fiscal scene in relation to the Breitbart quote on the Iran-Trump ruckus, but I found what Julio Izaco Gallard, Nicaragua’s former ambassador to the United Nations, said as alarming news:
    There are Iranian-backed terrorist cells operating in Nicaragua.
    Hezbollah? Operating? Does that tie to your comment of 5 days ago,
    US government people still ... haven't forgotten Iran's jungle warfare training center in the RAAN.
    I knew there are Russkies and their old tanks around somewhere, and then there's the Chinese PLA building the phantom canal, but Iranian-backed terrorist cells? How is it I see nothing awry in Nicaragua?

The whole Iran brouhaha turned surreal at the 'end', when, it seems, the Iranis 'accidentally' shot down a Ukrainian Boeing 737 taking off from Tehran, being as Ukraine is the current focus of Trump's "impeachable" offences (to Dems). Of the 180 on-board, a third were Canadians and the rest Ukrainians, who probably all looked like Americans to some trigger-happy fanatic. One wonders what they were all doing in Iran anyway, with so many boycotts in place?

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

This is the best meme I have seen this week..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    This is the best meme I have seen this week..

If Trump knew that Soleimani had dirt on Hillary, he'd still be alive.