Thread: Google News, January 10, 2020

Blog Entries

Default Google News, January 10, 2020

Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ January 10, 2020
    NEWS
    In A Remote Region Of Nicaragua, Access To Television Creates A Preference For Thinner And ... Forbes
    To arrive at this conclusion, Boothroyd and her team recruited 299 Nicaraguan adults from seven remote villages in southeastern Nicaragua to ...

Nicaraguan Migrants Travel to Panama After Northern Neighbors Tighten Borders Immigration Blog (blog)
    The ongoing socio-political crisis in Nicaragua under left-wing President Daniel Ortega has caused large numbers of Nicaraguans to migrate to ...

The New Year in Nicaragua Opens in Crisis, Better Days Will Come Havana Times
    By Carlos F. Chamorro (Confidencial). HAVANA TIMES – The release of 91 political prisoners on New Year's Eve without any negotiation between the ...

Nicaragua LGBT activist Tortured after arrest SouthFloridaGayNews.com
    (WB) A well-known LGBTQ activist in Nicaragua who was arrested last September says he was tortured while in custody. Ulises Rivas on Monday said ...

Sticking Points Remain in the Nicaraguan Opposition's Search for Unity Havana Times
    The role of the “mosquito” opposition. In Nicaragua, they use the term “mosquitos” to describe those politicians that are outside the official party but ...

The division of the opposition of Nicaragua gives a ball of oxygen to Daniel Ortega INDONEWYORK
    MORE INFORMATION The opposition of nicaragua agrees to a union to stand up to Daniel Ortega's Analysis. Something more than nepotism The ...

Appointment of Broker Yahoo Finance
    In August 2018, the Company announced that the Ministry of the Environment in Nicaragua had granted the Company the Environmental Permit ("EP") ...

Win a Free Box of the 2019 Cigar of the Year Cigar Aficionado
    How about opening a box that was free and holds 20 Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua Maestros, the 96-point cigars that were named 2019 Cigar of the ...

Argentina Needs Help. Trump Is the Answer. The New York Times
    MEXICO CITY — Aside from Nicaragua, Cuba and Venezuela, countries mired in dictatorships and crises, the only democratic, center-left ...

Calibre Mining Files NI 43-101 Technical Report for Its Mineral Resource Estimate on the Pavon ... GuruFocus.com
    The Technical Report, titled “Pavon Gold Project, Resource Estimation, Nicaragua” dated January 9, 2020 (effective date of November 12, 2019) has ...

WEB
    Latest news on costa-rica-salvador-honduras-nicaragua-y-panama-participan-foro-mundial ... Unesco
    UNESCO encourages international peace and universal respect for human rights by promoting collaboration among nations. Its mission is to ...

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Google News, January 10, 2020

In Canadian news, condolences to Bill on the death of Neil Peart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    In Canadian news, condolences to Bill on the death of Neil Peart.
    What a sad, sad deal. He was a true gifted talent. Breaks my heart to think that he is gone and Rush will probably be no more.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    What a sad, sad deal. He was a true gifted talent. Breaks my heart to think that he is gone and Rush will probably be no more.

Sad , but a full life . I had always ment to order and read Ghost rider - I think I will this weekend...

It is an odd feeling when a touchstone of your youth passes. It lets you know that your time is less as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Then again, Keith Richards gives us all hope.

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post

It is an odd feeling when a touchstone of your youth passes. It lets you know that your time is less as well.
    Very well said, I could not agree more. Thinking about them takes me back to youth as well, rolling down the road on a warm summer's night headed to the next party with a 12pack of Bud and "Freewill" blasting on the trucks speakers. Those fleeting moments of happy freedom of youth are lost on us then, but we strive to return them now.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

There is even a relationship connection with me

Chilo and I had 3 or 4 dates up to that point (May 1990) and I had "a" ticket for the Presto tour which was on my Birthday, 1990.

She did not speak a lick of english at that time and I had trouble explaining, if I explained at all, that there was a concert I had a ticket too, on my birthday. As the ticket was bought like 6 months prior (Before I had even met her) she could not go.

She thought I was ditching her and was quite quite angry.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    Very well said, I could not agree more. Thinking about them takes me back to youth as well, rolling down the road on a warm summer's night headed to the next party with a 12pack of Bud and "Freewill" blasting on the trucks speakers. Those fleeting moments of happy freedom of youth are lost on us then, but we strive to return them now.

"Those fleeting moments of happy freedom of youth are lost on us then, but we strive to return them now. "

But, the price is often high!
    What we took for granted then, what fell into our lap so to speak,, is a struggle now.
    Se vale ?? Posible . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post

"Those fleeting moments of happy freedom of youth are lost on us then, but we strive to return them now. "

But, the price is often high!
    What we took for granted then, what fell into our lap so to speak,, is a struggle now.
    Se vale ?? Posible . .

Yeah....like a boner in the morning.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

F*ck youth. Ya se fue. The best is yet to come. Was at Woodstock, soaked. stoned, and very much enjoying the entire experience. My Mustang broke down on the B-W Parkway en route to an Allman Bros & Grateful Dead concert at RFK stadium, so I ditched it to hitch in. Waited almost 3 hrs for Sly & the Family Stone to appear at Chico State; my date was royally pissed, but I wasn't going to miss 'em. Bob Dylan, that Zimmerman kid, was my troubadour poet guide throughout my misspent youth. "Something is happening and you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones?" Saw him in Oaxaca.

Gone. Ancient history. Dust along the side of the road. It's the entropy-driven future that awaits to lead us God-knows where. Guaranteed to be more fascinating than all that came before. Armageddon or global tech-nirvana; we teeter on the cusp.