Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Hail - Land Cruiser

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: All Hail - Land Cruiser

So the truck will be on a car carrier Monday, if not already loaded Friday.

It should be in my Driveway by the 11th or 12th if not before
    Last edited by bill_bly_ca; 03-06-2020 at 06:02 PM.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

The importation papers was waiting at the post office, a pickup notice was put in a odd place by the kids while we were away.

You get 4 pcs of paper. A bill of sale (from Japan) a certificate of de-registration (in Japanese) and an English copy of the de-registration and a Form 3 from Canada customs proving that the truck is fit for import, it is registered in the inter provincial database and that it has its federal tax paid ($212 bucks)

Off I went to the provincial registration office (They do everything from Car titles, drivers licences, ID cards, Health cards and other provincial goverment services) and tried to get a title.

The lady was polite and helpful but adamant that I needes a 5th bit of paper called a "form 1". Well I anticipated this and presented paperwork from my broker how a form 1 was not required and they just needed to look it up in the system bu VIN and an Efile number. This office had not done this before and while the lady I was being served by had done JDM imports before, but it was before this change.

After not being successful I called the RIV (Registration of import vehicles) hot line, waited 5 min, got a human who looked up the file and it is in there (the system).

I called the Service Ontario office back and told them and the (still polite and helpful) lady told me that every thing she had found showed that a Form 1 (stamped) was required.

I called the service Ontario help line and after a 20 min wait I spoke to another helpful lady who listened to the scenario and quickly identified that the local contractor to the government for these services did not have the training to do this work yet.

She advised to go to the government office (only 1, the other 6 are contractor offices). They are open Mon to Friday 8:30 to 5 and have the ware withall to enter this in the system for my ownership - So I need to duck out of work Monday or Tuesday to get the ownership tag and pay the provinces $230ish in taxes.

Then it is off for a safety - But I have to get the truck in the driveway first. Once the title is in hand I can get a 15 day temp permit to drive the truck back and forth from the garage for the work.

Blog Entries

Our populist primer (Doug Ford) has dictated that all non essential businesses will be closed @ 11:59 on the 24th What is an "essential business" will be reviled tomorrow around noon time. The same is occurring in Quebec as well same time, probably different list.

My truck was scheduled to be delivered on the 25th.

At 2PM I got a call from the logistics company - they want to deliver it tomorrow morning. I said please, please.

Chilo is home tomorrow, her place of work closed Friday and she did one cleaning today and is now off until further notice.

Me - I have 3 cameras to review tomorrow and then come home - Most likely the production department will close after the list is published and I am home after that.

So I will have time to spin wrenches for a few days

The virus isn't all bad. Arizona said no more elective surgery, so Shelley's surgery center shut down.
    This will be the first time in her life that she collects U/I. There are other bennies, but whether it's worth the aggravation is still questionable.

Weather is beautiful, warm and sunny,, there is little traffic,, nights are oddly quiet. Costco has a senors' only opening twice a week, we're going there at 8 AM. WE really don't need anything,, but hey,, we'll probably get some more Charmin and some water.

The farm is plunking along,, all it requires is money.

A Costco hotdog! Maintaining traditions is important in fraught times like these

Blog Entries

Well she is here

Start working on 'er tomorrow

So far I can see the tires will need replacing - They are week 33 of 2009 - Only 10yr old and newer tires allowed for safety

Blog Entries

Congrats! Old tires can be dry-rotted too; best to replace them. If I ever restored an "old" vehicle I'd replace every rubber or rubber-like component on it. New brakes, new shocks/struts, start fresh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Well she is here
    Start working on 'er tomorrow
    First disinfect her of any Covid-19 from recent handling.

Blog Entries

Cleaned, primed and painted the new wheels during breaks of work from home over the past 2 days. Finished left, initial right

Now need to clear coat them and paint the center caps the same.

I have the tires on order now - Yokohama Geolanders.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12