Thread: I Told You So

Blog Entries

Default I Told You So

In 12-18 months you will remember I Told You So.

Other day the Indians formed an Alliance with the Blue and White. This is going to be the first National Election where they show their muscle, they have been doing it on the Coast last few regional elections with moderate success. Few people (if anyone) know the population count of Indians, but I am telling you it is bigger than anyone thinks.

Like all the opposition parties, the Indians have their problems, they too are fractured, their "Lider Ultimo", or Big Chief as I call him, is only moderately popular amongst his own people as many believe he sold them out, but he has believers, and a lot just follow the leader where ever he leads them. They finally allowed him into Parliament to quiet the Indians, and he has bigger aspirations but little hope.

John Wayne is resident Indian Expert so maybe he will chime in, I been watching them a long time, and 1 thing I know is that when they are quiet, you need to watch carefully, and they been quiet a long time. The 2018 events played into their hands, look at those silly Spaniards (what Coast People call Mainlanders). Ortega has not been kind to the Indians, and they are an unforgiving sort.

As I mentioned, they are fractured, 1 group is calling for succession. YATAMA (the Indian Party) has become very powerful on the Coast, and this has happened in less than a decade. I watch a bit of their chatter on some FB pages and other day when the announcement was made things lit up fast, mostly humorous stuff about Big Chief but some interesting points as well.

Last mayor election they (YATAMA) said they would burn down Corn Island if their candidate was not elected, he had no chance, the Mayor since 2007 or so is an Islander, a Sandanista but wildly popular with all parties, no one could beat him. Election day came and went and no surprise who got elected, Indians went on the warpath and started Burning, then a speaker car was hired and the Police went around the Island telling the Islanders to arm themselves and use any force necessary. The stores the Indians tried to burn started refusing service to all Indians, one of the big fire bugs got a little surprise when a group of Islanders showed up at his (wood) house with chainsaws and commenced to cutting it to pieces. The mayor had built them a beautiful school in the poorest barrio on the island, they destroyed it, in the end they were all hiding in churches, they made a very damaging attempt at an uprising but they got their asses handed to them. They learn from their mistakes. I have seen them shut down the Coast, not all that hard, few roads in, stop water transport, block 3 airports and Coast is paralyzed, they know how to do it they can shut down the Gold Mines, Lumber, and Fisheries in an instant,

The Indians are going to be an issue in upcoming election. Remember, I told you so
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Default Re: I Told You So

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Some buildings were set alight recently in the RaaN as well IIRC .
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Colonists has been a big issue with them for a while, is 1 of their big complaints. There are frequent skirmishes.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Colonists has been a big issue with them for a while, their big complaint. There are frequent skirmishes.
    More will be coming and they will be well-armed. The hardwoods of those jungles (teak, mahogany and much more) are extremely valuable to the Chinese & Japanese. Clearing land for farming and raising cattle more than pays for itself.

The Sandinistas recognize that more than half of Nicaraguan territory is not under their political control, but apparently never really thought it was worth their while, since spreading revolution against the imperialists was their priority. It took the Chinese faux-canal folk to explain the obvious value of the region to DOS. Since then they are setting about correcting that error by first putting scarce capital into building roads there and encouraging the tougher & more desperate FSLN loyalists to go forth and (squat) conquer. Meanwhile the black market for those hardwoods 'stolen' from the bioreserve is allowed to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    More will be coming and they will be well-armed. The hardwoods of those jungles (teak, mahogany and much more) are extremely valuable to the Chinese & Japanese. Clearing land for farming and raising cattle more than pays for itself.

The Sandinistas recognize that more than half of Nicaraguan territory is not under their political control, but apparently never really thought it was worth their while, since spreading revolution against the imperialists was their priority. It took the Chinese faux-canal folk to explain the obvious value of the region to DOS. Since then they are setting about correcting that error by first putting scarce capital into building roads there and encouraging the tougher & more desperate FSLN loyalists to go forth and (squat) conquer. Meanwhile the black market for those hardwoods 'stolen' from the bioreserve is allowed to continue.

Well,, everyone keeps talking about sanctions,, of course the Europeans are pussies, they talk mucho,, do little,, but this would be a good way to start.

Who would be hurt ??

Blog Entries

The suicidal Europeans can’t even fend off being colonized by Asia and Africa. And they say Brexit means the end of the EU, which is generally good for humanity.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    The suicidal Europeans can’t even fend off being colonized by Asia and Africa. And they say Brexit means the end of the EU, which is generally good for humanity.
    They always were (the Moore's, North Africa to France, Africa and Hong Kong to the UK) If anything the best and brightest of the world (who are not all white) seem to find they fit into the EU easier than the US/UK/Aus/Kiwi land.

I am not sure they will look back on this day fondly but that is for time to sort out. I know almost all of my cousins in the Netherlands are doing very well within the union. In short they went from being (arguably) the 2nd or 3rd largest trading block in the world to 10 with no trade agreements to speak of.. Funny their Cantral banker was our Central Banker (Marc Carny) and now there is a draft movement afoot to have the UK hire the 30 or so Canadian negotiators that just inked the Canadian deal with the EU to ram a UK/EU deal through.

But back to the RaaN and RaaS - I am sure Rosario has it all figured out starting with targeted radio fireside chats starting next week
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??