Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the current Pandemic

Default Re: Thoughts on the current Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    They're learning that a large majority of Americans don't trust the CDC, Bill Gates, Big Pharma, or government in general.
    It's Microsoft that you don't trust,, I don't think Bill Gates has had anything to do with them for years (other than making 137 billion off their predatory practices).

But who trusts anyone these days ?
    What happened to our country ?

In the Pitaya Man's case,, CVS just wants to get paid.
    Someone will give you a shot.
    The pandemic has become a profit center for many, and they will be loath to give it up.
    They didn't get their money from flu shots last year.

But, what's with India ? They've shown what a full blown pandemic COULD look like.
    Burning bodies in parking lots ? Surreal. It could put you off barbecue for years.

But life goes on normally for most.
    I had to mask up for La Colonia and LaFise yesterday in Estelí.
    The new fashion seems to be mask, but hanging around the neck.

What's intuitive for many, like the weave in any mask is immensely larger than the virus particle, belongs to the old math.
    I guess if you overlap enough, like Biden et al,, it might work, but then how do you get enough oxygen?

The virus could still mutate. China could release another.
    They will have a vaccine ready next time.

That would lead to some weird combination of Twelve Monkeys and The Postman.
    And I don't think that Kevin Kostner will prevail this time. The good guy doesn't always win.

And you thought Trump was a little strange.

As long as my pigs and chickens don't get it,, I'll still eat.
    As long as the sun shines I have electricity.
    As long as it rains, my spring will produce.

And I don't have to worry about being car jacked, hit on the head, or shot by some 13% er.
    I have stimulating conversation with my boar every morning. It's amazing how current he is.
    I fermented a bucket of corn for him yesterday with some yeast that was getting iffy for baking bread.

Life is good in Nicaragua

Blog Entries

A soused sow, eh?
    It don't get better.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The CR spike I am watching is on worldometer. they jumped from 2 deaths per day to 16 and their hospitals are filling up in some places.. Until it peaks and comes at least half way down + plus 1 week CR travel looks like a bad idea. Plus the "collateral damage" of borders closings, rule changes, etc.

Horror story from FOF in PRK. He had a low level fever so he called the VA. They told him to self quarantine for 14 days. A few days in he realized he was being had so he went to a clinic for a covid test which came out negative. He took the report to the emergency room, pitched a bitch, and was diagnosed and treated for a partial kidney blockage.

Another story from a fof nurse in L.A. "Most of our covid patients are fat Mexicans".
    Last edited by el duende grande; 05-04-2021 at 09:31 AM.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Blog Entries

Ha, Ha, Pirate. Who will have a vaccine ready, the CDC? Bill Gates?

The reason masks are partially effective is that most of the covid cuties are attached to moisture particles that get stopped by the mask. Good reason to air dry the mask in the sun after use.

Right on about barbeque! India is where I would not want to be in a pandemic.

Neighbor in AZ thinks she had it right at the beginning and was hospitalized for "flu". Her and here husband have recently been vaccinated just in case.
    Brother in L.A. says it ran thru L.A. (4 miles from LAX and the China connection) in dec 2019 and the health department didn't know they had a new disease.

Brother of neighbor in Nic who got covid after traffic accident/jail time passed away.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Bill Gates,
    People in the US don't need to have any opinion on Mr Gates vaccine information- All of his efforts are outside of the first world and is just a talking head to the US covid plan.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Up here registration is open but spaces are hard to find - Signed up with the county (region) but the Region's two vaccine sites are booked solid to end June.

Chilo's Dr called her two weeks ago and then again a week ago - Looks like she is set for the week after May 17

I signed up with the largest national pharmacy chain and chose any outlet in the area - Hopefully I will get mine by end of May.

Ontario has stabilized at 3200 to 3600 cases a day from a peak of 4500 a couple weeks ago. Our ICU total just hit saturation last week. At the peak anesthesiologists, Current OR nurses, retired nurses and retires Dr's were pulled in to man every physical ICU bed in the province. A bunch from the Military were called in as well (about 60 apparently) Of the 2200 I mentioned previously of actual physical beads - 1800 to 1900 ish practical bed , Every single one was filled with _regular_ ICU at about 1,000 (Heart attack stroke car accidents) and 880 Covid beds with either ventilators and others with the external lungs.

There was a protocol in place for triaging care if the beds were full. I guess you could say the US fear mongered "Death panel" used in single payer boogie man arguments did convene if only in paper form.

The new winner of the Chuckle F_ck prize has moved to Alberta - Wild Rose Country. A few thousand people staged a rodeo this pase weekend

Their case counts are over 2200 but their population is only a third of Ontario (4M vs 14M) they now have 2X the infection rate we did. Premier of Alberta is a populist from the last National Conservative government. He is trying to walk the line to not being the shutdown guy and keeping the health care system afloat. He has painted himself into a corner.
    Last edited by bill_bly_ca; 05-04-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Is walk up and get it if you want it here, running out of takers.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Saturday saw one of those inflatable gorillas with a young girl, with mask mind you, and an arrow out of the street saying "Covid Vaccine Here", and free on the other side. Don't know about the rest of the world, but in deep south Texas a dead voter could get the vaccine if they wanted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    Saturday saw one of those inflatable gorillas with a young girl, with mask mind you, and an arrow out of the street saying "Covid Vaccine Here"

Now THAT is the AMERICA the ROTW imagines....

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    Saturday saw one of those inflatable gorillas with a young girl, with mask mind you, and an arrow out of the street saying "Covid Vaccine Here", and free on the other side. Don't know about the rest of the world, but in deep south Texas a dead voter could get the vaccine if they wanted.
    Get your vaccination and buy a used car. Get your vaccination and visit the free petting zoo.

This is the US of A I grew up in.

Blog Entries

There is a vaccine site setting up at a local zoo in Florida this weekend.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    There is a vaccine site setting up at a local zoo in Florida this weekend.

How about Farm Aid,, We Are The World,, your vaccination is the price of your admission.
    Would take no longer to vaccinate than frisk you for weapons.

They used to line us up in the army and give us our vaccinations with high pressure "guns".
    No needle, minimal contact.
    Yellow Fever and Cholera I remember during the Cuban missile crisis.

Admittedly some tissue damage

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Yellow Fever and Cholera I remember during the Cuban missile crisis.
    I vividly remember the Polio and MMR vaccines in the early 70's probably among my oldest memories that remain.

Public health nurse sat you on a chair you rolled up your sleeve - She wiped down the area with IPA and asked if you wanted a ghost, smiley face and a few other tattoos.

I said ghost

She took out a paint brush and drew up a quick ghost with iodine and before it dried hit me up with the needle.

A friend of mine died three weeks ago - Larry - Born in '58 and hit with polio before he was 1 - spent his entire life in a wheel chair - Was not to live past 30 - Died at 64 because science was trying to kill him (if you listen to the ChuckleF_ucks) and missed his a chance of a _more_ full life (Because he did live a full life) by only a couple years missing the polio vaccine.. Something the ChuckleF_cks still say to today that a polio vaccine is trying to kill you.

When we got poor Sebastian to the US finally he was due for 7 shots. We tried to keep up here, Krisnia would take him to Estelí for the vacunas.

We had an outbreak of chicken pox, all his cousins were vaccinated but got it to some extent. Sebastian didn't.
    I attribute it to his vaccination in Estelí,, there was no refrigerator at the clinic in La Laguna everyone here uses.

Anyway, Tucson has an income adjusted health clinic chain, El Rio. Very professional, and of course,, Spanish speaking. I went with Ariana to all of Sebastian's appointments (and hers too).

On the day of the vacunas,, Sebastian went through his regular wellness check, smiles all around, the nurse comes in,, lays out the seven syringes, tells me, "Grab his thighs" I was behind him,, she jabbed him seven times before he knew quite what was happening.

We were telling him,, "Great Job,, etc" There were some short lived tears, but then we took him to one of those pizza places where they have all the kids games. Ariana and I could talk,, the sole interruption from Sebastian was for more dollar bills for the token machine. He'd watch the other kids, figure out how the games worked.

We'd finish up with some rides on the motorcycles, he needed my help for that. He understood the concept, he just didn't have enough weight to steer the MC around the course. I'd stand behind it, and push it side to side, watching the screen.
    There was a throttle, but Sebastian was always balls to the wall so we ran off the track a lot.

Blog Entries

Got back online, this time I punched the Uninsurered/illegal alien/ fugitive felon/ disoriented transgender button and instantly got an appt for the next morning. This button bypasses the Medicare page from hell. Ah, the new America! You do sign a lenghthy document saying you are financially responsible for the free shot. But who reads boilerplate? Tech did not look at my ID and did not need my VA card for anything, so apparently they don't backcharge the VA. They did fill out and double check the health questionaire.

Got shot today, no sucker or nothing, all they gave me was a stinking bottle of water. She did compliment me graciously for not passing out. I think she confused indifference with weakness. I did ask to see the vial first which they complied with. So far, no reaction, SIL says to have ibuprophen on hand.

On the way out I went to buy a gatorade, it is a f##### desert, you know. I paid with cash to expidite the piddly transaction. They wanted to verify my phone number, then they wanted a email but I said I didn't have one. Then she stared momentarily at the $20 in plain sight and eventually see picked it up and made change. And thanked me for my patience. What pacience?

FB says Nic is enforceing doctor's signature on covid test to get back in.

Blog Entries

On news this morning that CVS accepting walk ins, no appt needed.

Did you give CVS (vaccine people not cashier) your email? They will send you an electronic vaccine record that might come in handy (some day) for travel if vaccine passports materialize.
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Got back online, this time I punched the Uninsurered/illegal alien/ fugitive felon/ disoriented transgender button and instantly got an appt for the next morning. This button bypasses the Medicare page from hell. Ah, the new America! You do sign a lenghthy document saying you are financially responsible for the free shot. But who reads boilerplate? Tech did not look at my ID and did not need my VA card for anything, so apparently they don't backcharge the VA. They did fill out and double check the health questionaire.

Got shot today, no sucker or nothing, all they gave me was a stinking bottle of water. She did compliment me graciously for not passing out. I think she confused indifference with weakness. I did ask to see the vial first which they complied with. So far, no reaction, SIL says to have ibuprophen on hand.

On the way out I went to buy a gatorade, it is a f##### desert, you know. I paid with cash to expidite the piddly transaction. They wanted to verify my phone number, then they wanted a email but I said I didn't have one. Then she stared momentarily at the $20 in plain sight and eventually see picked it up and made change. And thanked me for my patience. What pacience?

FB says Nic is enforceing doctor's signature on covid test to get back in.

Illegals Rule, Usanos Drool

Get used to it,, not going to change anytime soon
    Should have picked up a sack of free food while you were at it.

I believe in Jesus,, less in Covid
    What would happen if we had a REAL pandemic ?
    The Preppers dream.

It used to be mostly about nuclear holocaust.

Blog Entries

Covid was an intelligence test. America flunked.

Blog Entries

Our Cowboy state - Alberta - Is getting the same failing grade.. Alberta Canada has the highest rate of infection in North America at the moment - And the only positive thing is it was their choice.

Freedom 'taint free.

Blog Entries

The number of cases is a misleading indicator. True, Alberta has many cases (sampling?); on 5/5 it had 31% of Canada's total cases. But, for the same day (or weekly average), it has less than 6% of Canada's covid deaths. Those cowboys are healthier, or younger, or . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Our Cowboy state - Alberta Canada has the highest rate of infection in North America at the moment
    We don't always get the freedom to choose, but I'd rather die in Jasper than Ontario.
    See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil: be a wise simian

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    The number of cases is a misleading indicator. True, Alberta has many cases (sampling?); on 5/5 it had 31% of Canada's total cases. But, for the same day (or weekly average), it has less than 6% of Canada's covid deaths. Those cowboys are healthier, or younger, or . . .
    That is because they are low in the cycle - The real answer is 3 to 6 weeks out. Hopefully they buck the trend.

Our back loading (Ontario) of ICU occupations and the odd deaths are from choices made 6 to 10 weeks ago.

We have had 2 toddlers, 4 in their teens and hand full 20+ all succumb to it (In Canada) . As well as 3 ppl out of 4M doses of AZ for blood clots.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    That is because they are low in the cycle - The real answer is 3 to 6 weeks out. Hopefully they buck the trend. Our back loading (Ontario) of ICU occupations and the odd deaths are from choices made 6 to 10 weeks ago.
    Makes sense, but the data tell a different story. Compare humps/peaks for new cases with deaths in Canada and Alberta. Easiest is to Google "Canada covid stats" & "Alberta covid stats" and toggle between new cases & deaths. The max deaths are happening at roughly the same time as the max number of new cases.

The first peak of deaths in Canada is large cause it caught the most vulnerable - and probably cause the number of cases that was counted was lower than people realized, because many healthy souls were infected but more or less asymptomatic and didn't get tested.

In Alberta the 'new cases' curve takes a steep rise after mid-March, but the death curve stays relatively flat.
    See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil: be a wise simian

Blog Entries

From what I understand of the situation in CR is the new cases are heavily young people, so even with the time lag from infection to death the new cases spike may be higher than the new deaths spike.
    The killer with the new spikes like India is that all this action increases the chance of new variants needing boosters or new vaccines.

Net net, with my Jensen shot in about 2 weeks I will be 65-90% resistant to a bad case of those variants that happen to be covered by that shot for an unknown time period probably less than 1 year. Onward to more victories!

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    From what I understand of the situation in CR is the new cases are heavily young people, so even with the time lag from infection to death the new cases spike may be higher than the new deaths spike.
    The killer with the new spikes like India is that all this action increases the chance of new variants needing boosters or new vaccines.

Net net, with my Jensen shot in about 2 weeks I will be 65-90% resistant to a bad case of those variants that happen to be covered by that shot for an unknown time period probably less than 1 year. Onward to more victories!

But are the young people dying? There is a big difference between a bad case of the flu, and a fatal outcome.

Asymptomatic young children have long been suspected of spreading the virus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    But are the young people dying? There is a big difference between a bad case of the flu, and a fatal outcome.

Asymptomatic young children have long been suspected of spreading the virus.
    Statistically low (insignificant? ) it could itself be an anomaly of the stats itself - 3x more people caught it this time (if you go by the test numbers) so your corner cases will be higher. Youth deaths are corner cases.

But even test numbers are not a good comparison as it took 6 or more months to actual start testing in the first wave.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast