Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rumor...

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rumor...

I think the only duping was the statistical models we gobbled up hook line and sinker - Iran, Italy, Spain, France, the US, and probably us from what the numbers show for us (presser tomorrow).

The only real wool pulling here was ourselves over our own eyes using Beijing data input to our response models.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Yet their people still eat rancid bats.

So....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Ozzy and Keith Richards, still bucking the odds...

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What nobody wants to talk about is the complete incompetence of US intelligence and public health agencies and Trump's failure to see through them. The scariest theory is that Trump's usually brilliant mind was bogged down by the impeachment scam. If so, the Dems really did screw America.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

...with a 6 foot stick and mask and gloves....

Blog Entries

His advisors have always been his worst enemies. I don't know why he hasn't fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Ozzy and Keith Richards, still bucking the odds...

Like me,, too ugly to die. This is a classy virus.

I came back relatively fast, Shelley is still struggling. Nothing in the lungs,, just weak and sleeps a lot.

I'm heading over to Costco this afternoon to look for Charmin. I won't find any, but I read on one of the Corona Virus sites that it is necessary to maintain a positive attitude.

There was a fascinating story in my Google news feed this morning about how the supply chain has been so finely tuned over the years, that relatively small disruptions screw things up. He gave the example of bananas: bananas are consumed as small,, individual bananas as a part of the school lunch, or as bigger bunches purchased at the market.

Now that the kids are out of school,, they don't get their daily banana at school, so mom is picking up a bunch at Albertson's. Mutiply that by the kids out of school, and no bananas. Plenty of small ones,,, they are winding up at the food banks.

Charmin was another example. Two things are happening here. People are no longer working,, so are using more TP at home, where before a considerable quantity was consumed at work. But,, this is diferent TP. Big rolls, high recycle content. The production line is different,, can't be easily converted.

Finally,, the Charmin factory is operating at optimum efficiency to meet a steady demand that really doesn't change in normal times. The factory runs 3 shifts, to best utilize the production equipment and maximize profit.

Our entire economy and distribution chain has been optimized to minimize storage and inventory, and to maximize delivering a product just before it is consumed.

So, clearly, 330 million people wanting an extra roll of Charmin has some effect,, but it's far from the entire story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Like me,, too ugly to die. This is a classy virus.
    I came back relatively fast, Shelley is still struggling. Nothing in the lungs,, just weak and sleeps a lot.
    Hey Pirate - do you know for sure that you had covid-19? Have you been tested? Esp. the blood antibodies? What did you do to beat it?

Talking with my cousins in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday, they think they had it and recovered after 2 weeks of overwhelming fatigue. It was just after Feb 20 when their son who lives in Kirkland, WA (near the old age home that took the early hit in Seattle) came to visit. They dosed heavily on zinc to fight it off. But they haven't been able to get tested, now that they show no symptoms.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    What nobody wants to talk about is the complete incompetence of US intelligence and public health agencies and Trump's failure to see through them. The scariest theory is that Trump's usually brilliant mind was bogged down by the impeachment scam. If so, the Dems really did screw America.
    I thought of this post as I seen this going buy today

But they have now have 20 patients now...

Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    Hey Pirate - do you know for sure that you had covid-19? Have you been tested? Esp. the blood antibodies? What did you do to beat it?

Talking with my cousins in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday, they think they had it and recovered after 2 weeks of overwhelming fatigue. It was just after Feb 20 when their son who lives in Kirkland, WA (near the old age home that took the early hit in Seattle) came to visit. They dosed heavily on zinc to fight it off. But they haven't been able to get tested, now that they show no symptoms.

No place to test here, yet. Yes, I'm sure that is what it was. Symptoms are unique and lined up. They will start looking for people like me to 1: donate plasma, once that catches on; 2: Go back to work and that's when I'll get a test. There are a LOT of people who have had it and recovered. We just hear about the horror cases,, the people who died hooked up to ventilators. Remember, this is a very small percentage. If you work the numbers back from the people who die, using 1.5%,, you realize that there are a lot of zombies out there.

They are slowly beginning to realize that the virus is not being spread by the people hooked up to the ventilators, but surprise, surprise,, by guys like me who were out and about (Trip to Nogales to see dentist, took Sebastian to ophthalmologist ). Who knew? Sebastian got sick,, like for the first time since he returned to the US, but it was very light, over in a couple of days. Old Chicago was still open,, Shelley was still working at the Surgery Center (since closed).

Tucson had like 3 cases back then, Arizona is still not much, nobody was wearing gloves, masks, Mattie handed me the same pen that a dozen other customer used in the last hour to sign their beer chit. We're all eating pizza with our hands, Sebastian, Ariana, Shelley at the bar, talking to one another. Sebastian loves to sit at the bar,, Mattie lets him if it's quiet.

I went out to Carls Jr for takeout today, restaurant is still open, no customer seating, no one had a mask on, but gloves, yes.

Is it that bad? Shelley is still walking around weak and washed out and her cough still hasn't abated. She is just taking longer. Other than difficulty lifting my arms above my shoulders, I'm showing no lasting effects. The ringing in my ears is annoying. Not all of my energy is back, but I'm better every day. I'm planning my next great adventure,, bus to Mex City, and then a flight to NicaLand. Spend a couple of months, then fly back. I still have to bring my truck down this fall,,, last year to import it.

If I take the Tufasa bus that stops in Tucson (runs all the way to Idaho), I can pay for everything in pesos. The peso is kissing 25 to the dollar,, this could be my cheapest trip, even with a couple of bags. Mexico is not like Nicaragua,, which is a dollar economy. Mexico is a true peso economy,, when the peso falls, everything gets cheaper. Do I take the bus to Hermosillo and get on the plane to Mex City ? Or just stay on the bus to Mex City? Those Mexican buses go all night,, and they are pretty nice, and reasonably priced.

Mexican bus lines are the only way to travel in Mex, affordably anyway. Bus lines and food, the two things the Mexicans are really good at, oh and delivering babies.

If they have executive buses where you are across from in Sonora, that is what I would do. In the north east part of Mexico you can get on an Executive bus, with the big reclining seats and stewardess service at about 6:00 or 7:00 pm and they run all night, and you get to the Central Norte in CDMX about 5:30 or so in the morning. Really pretty cool. Last price from this end was about $80, probably in the $60's now.

If you haven't been to the interior of Mexico in a while, in the last 3 weeks prices have shot up, people are not waiting around for re-valuation.

If you so travel by bus, and get into the Central Norte in CDMX, there are Vivaerobuses there, but buses, that will take you to the airport, they shuttle through about every 30 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    Mexican bus lines are the only way to travel in Mex, affordably anyway. Bus lines and food, the two things the Mexicans are really good at, oh and delivering babies.

If they have executive buses where you are across from in Sonora, that is what I would do. In the north east part of Mexico you can get on an Executive bus, with the big reclining seats and stewardess service at about 6:00 or 7:00 pm and they run all night, and you get to the Central Norte in CDMX about 5:30 or so in the morning. Really pretty cool. Last price from this end was about $80, probably in the $60's now.

If you haven't been to the interior of Mexico in a while, in the last 3 weeks prices have shot up, people are not waiting around for re-valuation.

If you so travel by bus, and get into the Central Norte in CDMX, there are Vivaerobuses there, but buses, that will take you to the airport, they shuttle through about every 30 minutes or so.

Great advice!.. Thank you.

Of course, I've seen the buses endlessly as I was driving. They make really good time.

Blog Entries

So is the king dead? No internet is killing me.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

It's not the King that worries me, it's the royal succession...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    It's not the King that worries me, it's the royal succession...
    Ain't that the truth!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    So is the king dead? No internet is killing me.
    As of this aft - Not yet - I bet you La Prensa would printi it once it can be made certain - 25 days today, so something has to be up.

Blog Entries

I contacted a MGA friend in the know, he said flip a coin. Is a lot of odd parts to the rumors that are a bit too factual to ignore, but surely they would roll him out say Trump Virus killed him. Some say he is in Cuba, dead there.

He has gone missing this long before. Were anyone other than Daniel, I would be placing hard money on stone cold dead, but this fucker is tricky, more to this, watch.......
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

If he has lupus and was receiving chloroquine, I would think he'd be a poor candidate for Corona.

Blog Entries

The message from Nicaragua's leadership is clear: "Be like Daniel." Make yourself socially absent during the coronavirus.

It is curious though that he missed "a funeral ceremony last week honoring Sandinista congressman Jacinto Suarez, a companion with whom he shared a jail cell in the 70s as they sought to overthrow U.S.-backed dictator Anastasio Somoza." - Bloomberg, 4/6/20

“I think it is in preparation for his glorious reappearance,” Mr. Chamorro said. “He has done similarly in the past. He will resurrect on Easter.” NYTimes

Blog Entries

Yep, hard to believe he did not attend, everyone else big was there.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Showmanship is a part of politics.

Blog Entries

Ortega has broke his record, 29 days missing from office, some say he will rise tomorrow, we will see.......
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

You mean the stone in front of El Carmen will be rolled back on Easter Sunday morning

Blog Entries

Showmanship

Blog Entries

It’s like a reeeeealy long bathroom break. No one talks about it because, well, you’re taking a dump, you’ll be right back, plus it’s kinda private. But at some point, it gets awkward and somebody has to tap on the door and say, “You ok?”

Blog Entries

He has risen, well maybe, reports of him seen walking in park by his house.
    Ernie K Doe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast