Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandemic: geography, politics & death rate stats

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pandemic: geography, politics & death rate stats

Sherrif in my home county announced he will not enforce state shelter in place or social distancing laws, depending on which fake news source you read. Local hospital have ICUs spaces for about twice the cases they have now. I predict a surge in sick drunks.
    Trump, again from fake news, willing to live with 3000/day dead.
    And they wonder why I live in a failed country in the middle of nowhere?

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

...with a 6 foot stick and mask and gloves....

Blog Entries

Pandemic means this infectious epidemic is happening everywhere - well, worldwide death rates paint a different picture. Much of the world, the most densely populated regions, show low death rates with very little change over these past several weeks. For Europe it’s as tho the divide for mortality due to CoV-19 is Germany-Austria. Eastward to Russia, country to country death rates decrease to single digits per million. Go West of Germany-Austria, death rates are all shockingly high (except Portugal) The highs/lows practically match the BCG vaccination atlas (shown earlier) - coincidence?

In the USA, the total number of CoV-19 deaths per week is decreasing, but remains high,
    Wk ending ___total ____per week
    3/28_______2,754_____ 2,754
    4/4 ______ 10,384 _____ 7.630
    4/11 _____ 24,962 ____ 13,678
    4/18 _____ 39,331 ____ 15.269
    4/25 _____ 54,256 ____ 14,925
    5/2 ______ 67.444 ____ 13.188

NY state has the highest CoV-19 death rate in the world; but it appears to be plateauing. The death rates in other states continue climbing. Considering the covid-10 pandemic in the US began on Mar 25, it’s been 40 days. Using the CDC’s mortality rate for the USA (less accidents & suicides), the normal death rate for the USA during this period is 861/M. Perspective: the highest mortalities for CoV-19 are associated with the demographic having the highest comorbidities. Except for NY, we’re not outside the scope of ‘normal’ times; it’s just that the labels on the cause of death have shifted.

Snapshot 5/4/20 ___ North America
    USA = 210 ______ Canada = 102 ______
    NY = 1,268___ NJ = 895___ MA = 599____
    Conn = 714___ Louisiana = 443___
    Western Europe - leveling out, except UK
    Spain = 544 ___ Italy = 481 ___ Belgium = 684__
    France = 386 ___ Holland = 297____UK = 423 ___
    Ireland = 267 _____ Portugal = 104 ____
    Germany = 83_____Austria = 67______
    Denmark = 85 ____Sweden = 274____
    Norway = 39______Finland = 43_____
    Eastern Europe - v. little change
    Poland = 18 ____ Romania = 43 _____
    Czechia = 23 _____ Serbia = 23_____
    Belarus = 11 ___ Ukraine = 7 ___ Russia = 9 ___
    Asia-Pacific - no change, effectively
    China = 3 ___ Malaysia = 3 ___ Thailand = 1___
    Taiwan = 0 __ S.Korea = 5 __ Hong Kong = 1 ___
    Singapore = 3___Indonesia = 3___ Japan = 4 ___
    India = 1 ___ Pakistan = 2___Bangladesh = 1___
    South Pacific - no change, effectively
    Vietnam = 0___ Laos = 0 __ Philippines = 6 ___
    Australia = 4 ____ New Zealand = 4 _____
    Middle East - v. small increases
    Israel = 27____ Turkey = 41 _____ Iran = 75____
    Egypt = 4____Saudi Arabia = 5 __Iraq = 2 ___
    Latin America - increasing, Mexico=1.7X, Ecuador=2.3X,
    ________tho still v low w.r.t. US & W. Europe

México = 17 __ Guatemala = 1__ Honduras = 8 ___
    Costa Rica = 1___Cuba = 6 ___ Panama = 46___
    Colombia = 7 ___ Peru = 41 ____ Ecuador = 89 ___
    Brazil = 34 ____Chile = 14____ Argentina = 6___
    Paraguay = 1 _____Bolivia = 7 ____
    Africa - little of no change
    Algeria = 11___ Tunisia = 4_____ Morocco = 5___
    Niger = 2__ Nigeria = 0__ Rwanda = 0_____
    Congo = 2____Zambia = 0___ Uganda = 0 ____
    Angola = 0 _____South Africa = 2___

Blog Entries

Pandemic has to do with uncontrolled spread of a disease, not lethality.
    I still think big factors are initial seeding (flights from china, Italy, and Spain), competency of the public health service, and cultural/demographic/personal choice issues. Who knows, maybe sometime next year the bug will get to some of the more far flung areas.
    Just listened to a video today that Bill Gates is giving polio to kids in far-flung lands out of the generosity of his heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLi6ZrFp6vQ&t=7571s

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Pandemic has to do with uncontrolled spread of a disease, not lethality.
    Death rates are the best measure we have to date for the spread of this pandemic. Testing is beset with multiple problems and, at best, extremely incomplete. Where the rate of mortality due to CoV-19 is unchanged, it is clear it has stopped spreading. Why? Those areas of the world have not totally quarantined their populations. Have they reached herd immunity? Not likely. Other factors are at play. But it remains evident, in vast parts of the world it has effectively stopped spreading.

Blog Entries

Not seeing bodies on streets but we may soon.

1 group saying over 600 cases and that is probably on par, is what Costa Rica has, BUT i think are still a week or so from meltdown here. Costa Rica getting some praise for their handling of it. Nica, not getting any praise.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Air quality--this is the first time I have stumbled into detailed report online.
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/ni/es...y-index/252769

Blog Entries

Interesting stats coming out on worldometers--
    They are doing 7 day moving averages to help with the weekend reporting lag. Looks like nationwide 30k new cases daily plus 2 k deaths daily, in round terms.

Projections are that it will take till Aug to get back down to March levels. The boys will be home by Christmas!
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...merica/arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    They are part of the media Greek chorus wailing, "Never Trump! Never Trump!"

It is unfortunate that their rabidity distorts otherwise good journalism. Nonetheless the truth got slipped into their bit:

So T did act on it. The "but" onward is a snark cause T let in American citizens returning from China, which they don't bother explaining.

Trump's style is to push back on consul. If it's good & worthwhile it will overcome his objections. His "downplaying the seriousness of CoV-19" is good psychology while still taking measures. Why alarm the public more than they already are from listening to the doomsayers that seem to own the airwaves?
    Congess also got briefed but were too busy trying to impeach the evil orange man

Blog Entries

On this video you'll hear a couple of young doctors saying,
    We're not wearing masks. Why is that? Because we understand microbiology, we understand immunology and we want strong immune systems. Our immune system is used to touching. We share bacteria staphylococcal, streptococcal bacteria, viruses. We develop an immune response daily to this stuff when you take that away from me my immune system drops. As i shelter in place my immune system drops. You keep me there for months, it drops more and now i'm at home hand washing vigorously washing the counters worried about things that are indeed what i need to survive. You know you're not immunodeficient and you're not elderly you should be able to go out without any gloves and without a mask. I think if you are those things you should either shelter in place or wear a mask and gloves. I don't think everybody needs to wear masking gloves because it reduces your bacterial flora it doesn't allow you to interact with society and your bacteria flora and your viruses your friends that protect you from other diseases end up going away and now you're more likely to get opportunistic infections. Infections that are hoping you don't have your good bugs fighting for you. If that makes sense and then as we all come out of shelter in place with a lower immune system and start trading viruses bacteria what do you think is going to happen? Disease is going to spike i guarantee when we reopen there's going to be a huge huge amount of illness that's going to be rampant. The building blocks of yourImmune system is virus and bacteria end of story.
    Here's the video. It's banned from FB and pulled from U-tube soon after it appears. Caution: for mature audiences only. (I'm more curious to see if it gets here. . . NOPE)

Blog Entries

Could not sleep so popped on to the Facebook and guess these videos are spreading like wildfire, will look in morning, would like to sleep a bit more.

On a side note, I have been telling people I figured this would be a lot like when pink eye swept the Country few years back, took few months to play out. Well guess what, I think I got pink eye, somehow avoided it last time so guess was overdue. 2nd time since in NICA. Being NICA may be some mutant form of Covid, Chicken Gumbo, or Bird Flu, only Allah knows.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Passed on watching Videos. I did read comments from people I know and are all over the place, so will have to watch as the divide is so huge.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

The president of Tanzania got suspicious and had a bunch of "things" tested for Covid-19. Goats, fruit, motor oil, etc. Everything but the motor oil tested positive. So he fired the director of the testing lab.
    https://www.africanews.com/2020/05/0...-morning-call/

Are the tests contaminated, making false positives?

Blog Entries

IS all beyond ridiculous, I would trust most this testing same as a pregnancy test from the Dollar Store.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

When all the smoke clears away, they are going to discover that many of the Corona virus deaths should have been attributed to a number of other causes. States like NY / NJ are over reporting so as to take advantage of any possible Federal funds and compensation. Follow the money folks.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Bottom line, 5 months into a pandemic and we can't test all that need to be tested, can't provide PPEs, and are pawning off 2nd class masks to the public.
    Videos are getting tired, sad the only smart people are Koreans.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cYWd0N8nO4&t=1564s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwoNP9QWr4Y

So far the way I see it the score board is -
    China 1
    Banks 1
    America 0

Blog Entries

PS--just had pink eye, too. since I am trying to hide that is a little scary.

Testing always has an error margin. Spain had to send back 50k kits to china.
    Going to be scary when they start in with a partially tested vaccine.

Correct me if my math is wrong, but 1858 (7-day average)daily deaths x 30 days = 56k per month.

Blog Entries

Yeah pink eye a bit of a a wake up as spreads same way as they say virus spreads.
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    When all the smoke clears away, they are going to discover that many of the Corona virus deaths should have been attributed to a number of other causes. States like NY / NJ are over reporting so as to take advantage of any possible Federal funds and compensation. Follow the money folks.

NYC is running out of heroin users and HIV positive butt rangers,, so deaths are way down.

"Ride the subway"! said DeBlasio on March 4,, " . . . can't get Covid there . . . ."
    "Just pick a car the homeless haven't shit in"

Nursing home deaths early on very regrettable,, should have focused efforts there,, still need to. We had an outbreak in Tucson a few days ago, some seniors died. Hindsight is 20/20

U of A is doing antibody tests, this week reserved for health responders. Next week,, open to everyone. I think some eyes will open when we determine how many have actually had it. Except for some rare exceptions,, it's still killing very specific demographics.

We may not have a MLB season this year,, but stay tuned for Trump playing enough entertaining hardball to make up for it. Trump's re-election still hinges on the key swing states. It matters not how New York, NJ, California, Oregon and Washington vote. Creepy Joe rules there, regardless.

He'd do best doing infrastructure spread across the 50 states. NY gets 1/50th,, just like the rest. Spend it wisely !!

NYC is a welfare swamp,, bailout money is wasted there.

Testing IS ramping up,, 350 million is a lot to test. They should really do the anti-body tests first,, these people they only have to test once.
    Separate out this group, give us a COVID FREE badge to wear. Focus on keeping the seniors safe,, especially those in nursing homes,,

Homeless are going to get it eventually,, no matter what you do,, so is most of everyone else,, eventually, until we have a vaccine.
    A variety of therapeutics are in development to mitigate the worst of it.

Too bad about Trump pushing the Hydroxychloroquine/Azith/Zinc treatment.
    We'd all be using that if he hadn't mentioned it.

Gilead is giving the first 1.5 million doses of Redesivir away, but with a suggested list price of $4500 / dose,, they can easily afford it.
    Being free,, hydroxychloroquine can't compete. It's only a few cents a dose.

As Crazy Nancy says, " never let a good pandemic go to waste"

There's money (albeit funny money) to be made.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    You're right on the money, LCT. That video & copies that're getting pulled from FB & U-tube as fast as they appear - and they complain about thought control in communist China - titled 'Plandemic', included these bits:
    Doctors are being incentivized to list patients that are sick or have died with covid-19.
    Dr. Judy Mikovits: Yeah, $13,000 from Medicare if you call it covid-19. Right now Medicare is determined that if you have a covid-19 admission to the hospital, you'll get paid $13,000 If that covid-19 patient goes on a ventilator, you get $39,000, 3 times as much and you've killed them with the ventilator because you gave them the wrong treatment.
    This Dr. Mikovits is no.1 on Fauci's enemies list. She is a dangerously smart pirate virologist. Another doctor, interviewed on the same video, said:
    When I'm writing up my death report I'm being pressured to add covid-19. Why is that? Why are we being pressured to add covid-19? To maybe increase the numbers and make it look a little bit worse than it is. I think so Why would they want to skew the number of deaths due to covid-19? Well fear is a great way to control people and sometimes people's ability to think for themselves is paralyzed if they're frightened enough.
    Well, from the few people I've talked with stateside, I'd say the 'fear' is real enough. But control? Who's steering?

On FB late last night I was surprised at how many reacted vehemently against the video, that popped up on 3 different postings while I watched, saying it should be censored, as tho people on FB aren't adult enough to judge for themselves. And they were all removed quickly. As tho the PC police now rule the internet.
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Too bad about Trump pushing the Hydroxychloroquine/Azith/Zinc treatment. We'd all be using that if he hadn't mentioned it.
    Like you mentioned, that Rx is practically free. But medicine, and the right to limit its issue by prescription, and the right to bill at prices reflecting a controlled supply, to be made by a pharmaceutical company with the proper board & CEO is a Big damn Business in America. To utterly dominate the complete financial picture of what happens to the sick, the infirm, the dying. Staying healthy - you're on your own. Here's what the video said on that score:
    In a survey polling nearly 2,300 doctors in some 30 countries hydroxychloroquine was ranked as the most effective medication to treat the virus.
    Dr. J.Mikovits: The AMA was saying doctors will lose their license if they use hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malarial drug, that's been on the list of essential medicine worldwide for 70 years Dr Fauci calls that anecdotal data. It's not storytelling if we have thousands of pages of data saying it's effective against these families of viruses this is essential medicine and they keep it from the people.
    I hadn't heard that the AMA came out that strongly against it. Is it true?

Blog Entries

Y

Well, from the few people I've talked with stateside, I'd say the 'fear' is real enough. But control? Who's steering.

When I seek wisdom I usually ring my Cowboy or Hillbilly friends. Hillbillys are surprisingly sensible. One of my best says the Wildcat is nice (Moonshine) and says he has ammo for zombie apocalypse, and sure do not doubt him.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Costa Rica extended closures till June 15 now,
    Ernie K Doe

You're right on the money, LCT. That video & copies that're getting pulled from FB & U-tube as fast as they appear - and they complain about thought control in communist China - titled 'Plandemic', included these bits:

This Dr. Mikovits is no.1 on Fauci's enemies list. She is a dangerously smart pirate virologist. Another doctor, interviewed on the same video, said:

Well, from the few people I've talked with stateside, I'd say the 'fear' is real enough. But control? Who's steering?

On FB late last night I was surprised at how many reacted vehemently against the video, that popped up on 3 different postings while I watched, saying it should be censored, as tho people on FB aren't adult enough to judge for themselves. And they were all removed quickly. As tho the PC police now rule the internet.

Another interesting correlation yesterday between people who died and Vitamin D levels. Two years ago I was told that my blood work showed that I was deficient in D. "How is that possible?" I asked. I still drink a lot of milk,, and I'm constantly out in the sun.

"We're seeing it in a lot of seniors", said my nurse practitioner. "Take a supplement".

I hate being called a senior,, and it annoys me that I never actually see my doctor anymore,
    She's probably running her practice remotely from Tahiti.

Actually, I like the nurse practitioner better.
    She hasn't taken the hyprocritic oath,, so she cuts to the chase quicker.

So now,, it's Hydroxychloroquine/azith/zinc/Vit D ??

And this:
    University of Arizona talking about opening this coming fall:

"Our campus health clinic started in the 1917 pandemic in the infirmary ... so we think it’s a great idea for those students who do get sick," Robbins said.
    "Just to be clear," he emphasized, "people will get sick. But we think by and large, our undergrads and grad students are healthy and we like the idea of bringing back the infirmary."

We could see some interesting political changes as a result of the pandemic. People are questioning whether much of this lock down and destruction of the economy was necessary.

You are already seeing a Red vs Blue split,, with red states opening,, blue states staying locked down ( "for your own good"). One has to remember that you will never change key "identity" constituencies , but you don't have to. You just have to change the minds of a few independents, and maintain your base, and you win.

And Nicaragua,, there is still no united, viable opposition. Without a sanction or two that actually bites,, stability in the form of a dictator and his nutcase wife will rule.

Blog Entries

Trump is willing to run with 2-3 k a day deaths but if it is that much or more come election day we face a worse plague--democrats. Bad news on main street level is most people will boycott restaurants and hoard their money for perceived bad times and the "wants" economy will crash as an unintended victim.

ps - a couple of relatives have received their $1200 welfare checks.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast