Thread: An officialy-sanctioned nicaraguan government invitation to commit suicide

Active TRN Member

Default An officialy-sanctioned nicaraguan government invitation to commit suicide

AN OFFICIALY-SANCTIONED NICARAGUAN GOVERNMENT INVITATION TO COMMIT SUICIDE

Here is a snap of the crowds at a baseball game which the Nicaraguan government eagerly promoted today during the age of the virus.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2005941266205221&id=64331 8585800836&__xts__[0]=68.ARCW_gifhElkGsYjgUEpL0A1FBE2ZydGQ6bzC5xPI1y8n8 k9-Yb00gavwRZmLg_NfBLQ0H8lAowJsi-kJiRwC5B1Q8J9OZnSwJks45BXBA1LRjiuDRrumzvKdjitFpMAi 0vJ9bcV6gfqzY_PklxhQdjkFgDBOZjdkNjPIlVugAQyJjpipoI BAvFgoyWp4Rtyx2mg0mg1X5AZVUF2PSP-qLqMhLCFZSAcvkqLvZDm-6fU_2knlEigclCkdJjliG4lVqLsqggaYHEQ5gUUrPIkSHz01tu JXN5Uz8bPVSbQQGRjxQ7j3aHDDXLc-wW1vGJmvqq_Vca0424b1g02Nf-Mf-ccQUuZKvnzxoH-_wIjPfKuJo3bG2Cmew5MqbKGwsLLHybFSkg_2wNziKIWDPtJCp f3t4oKwh-UAI2XxpZ960Lc-s2E0dnoeYvFXkA0uY85_NlHP0rc8xUKS2qCYyPlITfrRAMsOPR RzyhMURQHdQywMj3beugvEJOeZ_pWCWTl_LgcfS3OCLB9I4JC3 82WDkBer8w&__tn__=K-R

Here is a snap of a beach party the government organized today to crowd people together in order to crown the beauty queen for next week’s Easter celebrations.

https://www.facebook.com/…/pcb.1359026613…/135898147983590/…

In other news, the Ministry of Health is trying to prevent the Catholic Diocese of Matagalpa from setting up clinics and phone-in lines for the prevention and treatment of the virus.

El comandante, the President, is an old man and suffers from an extreme case of lupus. He has not been seen nor heard from in two weeks.

The Vice-President now speaks for the government. By an odd coincidence, she is the wife of the President.

She says that everything is ok and everyone should go out and party during Easter week and enjoy themselves.

While all the other governments of Central America have implemented strict immigration, border control, and quarantine measures, Nicaragua’s borders are wide-open.

Flash a valid passport and you’re in, and free to go wherever you want.

Not there are many left who want to come.

For example, Air Mexico is the only airline left that promises reliable service in and out of Nicaragua.

Its flights into the country are cheap. Its flights out are much more expensive.

The exceptions of people from away who come here now, are those who have commited themselves to the country for some personal reason, perhaps in order to protect loved ones, or property, or public-spirited individuals who are trying to help victims.

The rest, not many anymore, are fools.

And truth to tell, it is no worse here because of the virus than some shit-hole like Mississippi.

Many Nicaraguans and businesses in our neck of the woods, Carazo, are not buying in to the party line. They are promoting social distancing, self-isolation, hand-washing, mask-wearing, etc.

Many more would like to do so but can’t because they don’t have the means.

There are also many who don't pay attention to the issue at all, because every effort they have made in the past to protect and improve their lives, have been sabotaged by the political corruption and the class structure of Nicaragua.

And not a few have swallowed the party line hook, line and sinker, because they are sheep. Hence the crowds at the events mentioned above.

Also, several people would like to follow prudent virus control measures, but they can't do so because they are civil servants.

They would lose their jobs if they were to refuse the government's orders to attend these events on their off-times, or refrain from wearing masks at work, or send their kids to school in jammed classrooms instead of keeping them at home.

That’s enough for tonight.
    Last edited by Mikeh; 04-06-2020 at 12:38 AM.

Default Re: An officialy-sanctioned nicaraguan government invitation to commit suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeh View Post

And truth to tell, it is no worse here because of the virus than some shit-hole like Mississippi.
    C'mon man, The Magnolia state is not a shit-hole, by any means. It has it's share of issues no doubt, but God bless Mississippi, Lord knows they need it. Any state that can lay claim to "From Dixie, with Love" played on a fall afternoon (at least in the past) is damm straight OK in my book.

Default Re: An officialy-sanctioned nicaraguan government invitation to commit suicide

Whither Nicaragua? Some perspective.

So, I took a walk down memory lane today after the President's news briefing. Some highights: On March 14 NYC mourned the first Covid victim. An 82 year old woman with advanced emphysema .

During his interview with Joy Reid De Blasio assured viewers that the subway was safe,, that the virus doesn't transmit via air. If you don't believe this,, please google Joy Reid De Blasio first NYC death for the interview.

Fast forward two weeks to April 1. NYC reports 1350 Covid deaths. Two weeks.

Three weeks prior to DeBlasio's March 14 interview Nancy Pelosi visited San Francisco's China Town and insisted that there was no reason for concern. I watched snippets of the visit on PBS.

"Chan said his business is losing about $500-$800 a day, or about 70% on average. He believes the fear of the virus is racially motivated."

So back to the question: What is Nicaragua's near future? One NYC death on March 14, and 1350 by April 1st. Apples and oranges,, for sure, but some similarities as well. I've always thought that the buses in Nicaragua would be fertile transmission points. Mitigation was slow to take hold in the US. Even now,, it could certainly be better. I went by Costco yesterday afternoon. Roughly one in five had masks, few had gloves. I didn't see any Costco employees with masks, including the crew selling hotdogs. They WERE wearing gloves.

So,, some new numbers I have been seeing have upped the percentage of the infected that experience none to moderate symptoms to 95. This number includes anyone who didn't seek hospitalization to deal with the infection. The number requiring hospital time,, any hospital time,, has been reduced to 5%. Of that 5% who go into the hospital,, 2% die.

If these figures hold true for Nicaragua,, then the Covid pandemic will cost Nicaragua more dead than both the Revolution and the subsequent Contra conflict.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    C'mon man, The Magnolia state is not a shit-hole, by any means. It has it's share of issues no doubt, but God bless Mississippi, Lord knows they need it. Any state that can lay claim to "From Dixie, with Love" played on a fall afternoon (at least in the past) is damm straight OK in my book.
    I spent a lot of time there over years, is damn sure poor, but decent people.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, Pirate, you have an undiagnosed case and you are walking around in Costco?

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

...with a 6 foot stick and mask and gloves....

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    So, Pirate, you have an undiagnosed case and you are walking around in Costco?

I've been recovered at least a week. One of the lucky ones. It was an ugly few days,, but comparing misery with a friend who got a bad case of dengue last year,, no worse than her dengue. Maybe not as bad.

Sweden and the Netherlands are talking about getting back to business. I suspect that the name of the game will change dramatically by end of April. Was NYC just an anomaly ? A tightly packed cluster of HIV positive subway riders and intravenous drug users? Remember, DeBlasio said three weeks ago that you couldn't get it via an air transmission. The subway is safe.