Thread: Rainy day alert

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Rainy day alert

From Panama to Guate until Saturday. Lotta moisture over the eastern Pacific.

Rainy season here in Esteli has gotten off to a good start after a dry year. Plenty of rain, both light and heavy. Some flow in the river under the Panam.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

...with a 6 foot stick and mask and gloves....

Default Re: Rainy day alert

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    From Panama to Guate until Saturday. Lotta moisture over the eastern Pacific.

Rainy season here in Esteli has gotten off to a good start after a dry year. Plenty of rain, both light and heavy. Some flow in the river under the Panam.

I keep reading in La Prensa that it's going to be a good planting year.
    We had a deluge at the farm when the rain first started. I'm on a downslope,, but it rained so hard that the water stayed on the ground for a while.

I haven't heard of any Covid yet in La Lima,, but there has been Covid for some time in Condega. That is where all the La Lima people go to shop,, so probably inevitable.

That strangeness at the CR border doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Blog Entries

In Leon, we had a downpour around midnite, followed by a steady drizzle all night long. Got a great night's sleep. I dreamt of new leaves popping out with joy on the peanut plants in surrounding fields.

An earlier walk around town was sobering: very few people were out and all wore masks, except for two old men (yo & some scholar). Parque Central was totally empty. Grabbed a bite in Ya Voy 50/50, only a handful of others there. Hit the ATM at BDF, no fee, Big Duende, we'll see if it changes in June.

Ticos jeering at how lackadaisical Nicaragua is about covid-19 will probably die down some now cause CR made it official: the LGBTQRS community can now intermarry. (Don't look for a bumper crop of Ticocitos in 2021.)

Officially Nicaragua now has a total of 759 infections with 35 deaths. They only report once a week. The week before it was 480 & 18, and before that 279 & 5.

Officially Nicaragua now has a total of 759 infections with 35 deaths. They only report once a week. The week before it was 480 & 18, and before that 279 & 5.

Havana Times is claiming "dozens daily"
    But,, death certificates are saying atypical pneumonia or heart failure.
    A new Covid management model, probably as good as the one in the US.

https://havanatimes.org/news/more-th...-in-nicaragua/

We will probably never know the true number of Covid fatalities in Nicaragua.

Chicago, DC,, and LA are the current hot spots. All locked down,, all DEM cities, all with uber liberal governance.
    All major drug using locations. Is Covid passed by sharing needles ? Could that be the missing vector ?

US has 306 deaths per million (NY 1514 - but lets not go there); Sweden 418

We're missing something here --unless you mindlessly hate Trump,,, and are really into Blue KoolAid.

Little Nicaragua may come out of this better than we thought

Blog Entries

Sorry. Another thing Chi, DC. and LA have is black people. Obesity, diabetis, bad diet, high incarceration rate, substance abuse...

You can hope for the best, but no reason Nic will do better than Brazil, with its covid-denier President. And don't expect the CR border to open soon, they do not want what Nic. has. CR is succes oriented, not ego oriented. If Nic goes thru a 3 month cycle starting about last week or so, plan on the border closed till at least August. I sure hope somebody starts at least a once a week flight mga-mia at normal fees. Copa sent email that Panama will soon reopen the airline industry, so maybe some flights via Cd. P. Somewhere they have to sort it out with masks, temp checks, testing of employees, etc. etc. I was planning on going to AZ for thanksgiving.

Spain and EU dickering about opening the tourist season, probably with limited corredors. Islands like the Canaries may benefit first. They claim they are going to lift their 14 day quarantine, probably in July. Lotta double talk coming out of various local and national leaders. EU very antsy that national borders disappeared instantly at the start of the crisis-- a blow to the superstate. "EU" also very worried it is going to have to bail out the southern tier that was already heading for recession before this started.

Blog Entries

Lotta rain last night, I hear the mall flooded at least to ankle level. Not just the front parking lot which was an engineering marvel from the day they built it.