Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Well,, Well,, Well . . . . Hydroxychloroquine

Default Re: Well,, Well,, Well . . . . Hydroxychloroquine

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Nothing to worry about, one side of the war pledged to move to Canada, so war - averted.

They always promise to leave, since the days of George Bush.
    But, they never do. They would be happier there, no question.

Did Ortega give the order to shoot a baby in the head or to burn a family in their house?

The chisme at the time was that it was a Cuban sniper who did the baby killing.
    Remember, it happened early in the morning,, parents taking baby to extended family for day care.
    Shot in their arms. No protest or other activity taking place, just a random shot.

Cuba has a history of ugly repression. Who knows ? It made a strong point.
    The Chamuka might argue,, "Killing that baby saved a lot of lives"

Kind of like that old Vietnam saw: "We had to kill them to save them"

I'm not an Ortega fan,, but I appreciate the stability he brings.

I'm not a Trump lover, but I appreciate what he has done and what he could yet do for the country.

We had a car enter the compound this morning, black guy gets out, wants to know how we're voting. I told him it was none of his business, then tells us he wants to tell us about Black Lives Matter.

I said, " I'm busy, and did you see the no trespassing sign as you came through the gate ?"

Then we got down to what he really wanted,, money for gas. I told him no,, he got back in the car and left,, and his driver (young black girl) flips me off as they leave.

Such gracious people.
    He'll probably throw a molotov cocktail at my champa tonight.

I've been googling, "Can I shoot a guy who throws a molotov cocktail at me in Arizona?" without a definitive answer.

One thing about Florida,, they have a killer (no pun intended) Castle and Stand Your Ground Law.

But, Arizona is better than California,, there you have to wait until the intruder has raped your wife twice, and killed your dog,, before you are allowed to shoot him.

Even then,, it's iffy.

Blog Entries

Law aboding people are more afraid of their government than they are of criminals.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been googling, "Can I shoot a guy who throws a molotov cocktail at me in Arizona?" without a definitive answer.

Yes, if he is in the process of throwing it or making a credible threat with the molotov in his possession and within a reasonable distance to carry out the attack which puts you in reasonable fear for your life or serious bodily harm. After he throws it and if you are still alive you cannot shoot him if he is no longer a threat to your life.
    Since you are white, your rights might be negated in some jurisdictions. Stay out of minny, st. louie, atlanta, or wear a nomex suit and carry a fire extinguisher and have a lawyer on retainer.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

...with a 6 foot stick and mask and gloves....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    The chisme at the time was that it was a Cuban sniper who did the baby killing. Remember, it happened early in the morning,, parents taking baby to extended family for day care. Shot in their arms. No protest or other activity taking place, just a random shot. Cuba has a history of ugly repression. Who knows ? It made a strong point.
    It's credible, Pirate, that it was a targeted shot, according to the account in Confidencial, 23 Junio 2018,
    https://confidencial.com.ni/fue-la-p...ses-asesinado/ "... un miembro del Consejo del Poder Ciudadano (CPC) había llegado días anteriores a amenazar a los familiares de Navarrete para que “dejaran de publicar mierdas”. Toda la familia de bebe ha sido crítica del Gobierno durante estos últimos dos meses de protestas." The family had been warned by the neighborhood CPC to quit talking (publishing) shit ... about the Sandinistas or Ortega, presumably. What'd they say? It matters little in light of what was done "to teach a lesson". Ugly stuff.

All agree - them & us - it bridges the morality gap between us. It's wrong. So it now becomes a propaganda tool in the colored (blue & white) revolutionary strategy to overthrow the dictatorship. An attempted coup on the cheap. For who among us would deny that America was involved in 2018? Still should we be reshaping a sovereign nation to fit our image? Why even ask. It was probably a minor bureaucratic dep't in State/CIA that didn't have much else better to do and thought they might even score.

Blog Entries

If you're a crack shot, got rifle with scope, when the perp raises the lit Molotov cocktail overhead, statue of liberty position, hit the bottle, which engulfs the ignorant assailant in flames, like a Roman Candle. That's how it's done in Hollywood. It's OK to shoot bottles in AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Yes, if he is in the process of throwing it or making a credible threat with the molotov in his possession and within a reasonable distance to carry out the attack which puts you in reasonable fear for your life or serious bodily harm. After he throws it and if you are still alive you cannot shoot him if he is no longer a threat to your life.
    Since you are white, your rights might be negated in some jurisdictions. Stay out of minny, st. louie, atlanta, or wear a nomex suit and carry a fire extinguisher and have a lawyer on retainer.

" . .Breaking News: President Trump has mild symptoms, and seemed lethargic at an event at his New Jersey golf club on Thursday, those familiar with his condition said. . ."

Trump lethargic ? No wonder they knew he was sick.

But,, will he take hydroxychloroquine, recover in two weeks,, and have the final laugh ?
    Now he can say,, "I was sick with Covid but I still did better in the debate than Sleepy Joe" .

And what if Joe gets sick and dies? He wasn't that far from Donald Tuesday night. And you're most contagious prior to showing symptoms.

And would we even know ?
    They could replace him with a cardboard cutout.
    We'll only find out if Wal-Mart delivers a freezer to Joe's basement.

Who gets the top spot now? Do they choose Bernie the Commie,, or Pocohantas ?
    Or promote Kamala ?

And most importantly,, What will we do for amusement if Trump is not re-elected?

Blog Entries

I think Joe is already a Disney Animatronic machine. Come on, man!

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

And most importantly,, What will we do for amusement if Trump is not re-elected?
    I speculate ..... Civil war....
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

It seems to me that Trump got played. He did not receive hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) for the mild covid-19 infection he’s got. He’s getting remdesivir which is given as an IV and requires 5 days in the hospital. Furthermore, remdesivir specifically prohibits the concurrent use of HCQ (a ruling decided by a single petri dish experiment according to Jack Maxi). Remdesivir received the FDA emergency use authorization (EUA) on May 1 to treat patients hospitalized with severe COVID‐19. Recently that EUA was extended to patients with early COVID‐19 infection. At $1000 a pop versus pennies for HCQ, the lesson is clear: never underestimate the power of Wall St. finance.

Trump's doc said he’d been taking zinc, vitamin D, the antacid famotidine, melatonin and aspirin. They gave him supplemental oxygen before leaving the White House to take the helicopter to Walter Reed, so he may have appeared healthier than he was. In the hospital, in addition to the remdesivir, he was given a single dose of an antibody cocktail from Regeneron Pharmaceuticals to boost his immune system; it consists of two antibodies extracted from humans plus one from mice genetically modified to have human-like immune systems. The First guinea-pig-in-chief? It all makes me wonder, how much did Regeneron's major owners have to pay to play?

"It all makes me wonder, how much did Regeneron's major owners have to pay to play?"

I think he plays golf with Regeneron's CEO. Plus, Trump has some investment interest in the company. That was an IPO that enriched a few people.

Regeneron doesn't have a EUA,, Trump's doctors made a compassionate use request.

The dexamethasone is already FDA approved, so the physicians' discretion applies.

The way this rolled out, it seems obvious that they were ready, and had planned for the occurrence.
    And Walter Reed really wanted to show off the "Presidential Suite"

Trump WAS a bit out there, " riding on a smile and a shoeshine"

But, that is what his fans love about him.
    If he doesn't get elected,, he'll probably produce a reality show: White House ---and endlessly bedevil Sleepy Joe.

Fat lady hasn't sung yet, but it looks like Trump has won this battle, if not the war.
    He's going home tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Fat lady hasn't sung yet, but it looks like Trump has won this battle, if not the war.
    He's going home tomorrow.
    But it sure brings out the ugly in US politics though. It was truly shocking how many open called for his demise or serious incapacitation.

I doubt he will (nor can) change his song sheet on the pandemic after his convalescence.

Blog Entries

Our Manhattan cowboy President is baiting the haters:
    "The short trip, where Trump waved to his supporters through the window while wearing a mask in the back of his SUV, was an attempted show of strength that displayed the President's questionable judgment, his willingness to endanger his staff and the fact that he still does not seem to comprehend the seriousness of a highly contagious and deadly disease." says CNN.

The more venom they spew, the weaker they look. Who wants a president that hides in his basement, while the miserably poor who are the backbone of the economy keep everything going? He ain't the sharpest tack, but he's got balls enough to stand by 'em.

Ain't America great:
    "Stock futures rose Sunday evening in overnight trading shortly after President Trump made an appearance in a motorcade outside Walter Reed..."
    from theHill.com
    Last edited by Daddy-YO; 10-04-2020 at 11:21 PM. Reason: late news release

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gawd, the stock market scares me. If anyone thinks America is sucky right now, wait till the Fed and Feds can no longer prop up the stock market. 401Ks--the food stamps of the middle class!

Anyway, remember how Reagan bounced back after being shot. He got buku character points from a public that admired courage and resilience. Image, as Reagan was damaged by the attack, but good image is better than bad image. Imagine if President Kamala got the Chinese virus, it would be a clear case of White Racism and the demand would go up for violent peaceful protests.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

...with a 6 foot stick and mask and gloves....

Monday morning quarterbacking from a variety of doctors in the NYT and NPR.

"Too aggressive,, or President is sicker than they are telling"

Let me tell you,, during the peak 3 or 4 days I was sick, I wasn't getting into anyone's car and driving around the block.

IMHO, I think that these doctors know that they are going to have to explain to some of their patients' families why they died,, and Trump, overweight at 74,, buzzed through it.

Would a bit of this "too aggressive, too early" prescribing of dexamethasone have saved lives ? The Regeneron treatment is just a genetically enineered take-off on convalescent plasma,, which has been available from the beginning.
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-pro...t/pac-20486440

And used successfully since the early 1900's.
    Reportedly, it was first used to treat measles in children.

Medicine is as much "practice management" and avoiding a hit from your malpractice insurers as it is fixing the patient these days.
    There is a herd mentality in medicine,, similar to the orthodoxy of the democratic party.
    Deviate, and you get cancelled.

While I was watching some Strange-O on NPR in his carefully cultivated 3 day growth double speaking yesterday, and saying nothing,, except that he didn't think Trump's treatment was kosher,, >>> Trump was driving around waving to his supporters.

What we need now is a gaggle as Trump gets off Marine One this afternoon,, with Trump telling Jim Acosta to $uc! off.
    Will it change the election? Doubtful. Trump supporters will be even more enthusiastic and admiring; Dems will hate Trump even more now,, for not dying as he was supposed to. There is still a lot of anxiety out there. It's sounding more and more like 2016,, and they know it.

The shoe is now firmly on the other foot:
    Sleepy Joe could still turn up sick. Opening up some interesting scenarios:

1. He dies before the election. Dementia is a know comorbidity. What then ?

2. He's elected, and dies before the inauguration. Ditto.

In the meantime Daniel is successfully moving to solidify his authoritarian hold before the 2021 election,, knowing that attention is focused elsewhere.
    That fake news - social media thing is genius. Fake a couple of posts,, and eliminate anyone.

Blog Entries

There have been a few Dr's as regular Canadian TV news casts over the Pandemic outlining risks, treatments, lessons learned etc etc. (e.g over the past 7 months)

They all pretty well said..

1) The treatment regime indicates a moderate (lese likely) to strong (most likely) infection / reaction.
    2) The two drops in O2 levels would be criteria for continued hospital stay up here.

Blog Entries

There are more conspiracy theories about Trump's Covid Weekend than there were about JFK's assassination.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234