Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well,, Well,, Well . . . . Hydroxychloroquine

Default Well,, Well,, Well . . . . Hydroxychloroquine

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...te/5365090002/

" . . .. The study found about 20% of patients treated with a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin died and 22% who were treated with azithromycin alone compared with the 26% of patients who died after not being treated with either medication. . . ."

So, that was an extra 144 patients who survived when both inexpensive drugs were used.
    The relevant question you might want to ask your doctor is,,

"Are you a Never Trumper ? Or, will you do what is necessary to save my life?"

With infections rising rapidly this would seem like good news. But, if you don't like Trump,, a few more deaths is probably not important to you.
    The Greater Good is to maintain the narrative:

Orange Man Bad

Blog Entries

Default Re: Well,, Well,, Well . . . . Hydroxychloroquine

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    A Henry Ford Health System study analyzed 2,541 patients hospitalized among the system’s six hospitals between March 10 and May 2 and found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine died while 26% of those who did not receive the drug died.
    Which is to say, 13% more of those treated with hydroxychloroquine survived than those who did not receive the drug. Was it a double-blind random study, as stipulated by Fauci? Or did they tend to give the drug to the worse cases?

They say, "many who died had underlying conditions," which is the main message of the covid-19 pandemic of 2020.

you might want to ask your doctor
    How is it that here in the 3rd world I don't have to ask a doctor's permission to buy & take these WHO-listed, 80-yr-old medicines as I wish? Are we simply more free here? Are common Americans & Canadians considered not mature enough by their rulers to self-medicate with published guidelines? Liability laws? How can presumably less advanced countries be considered more enlightened re. individual freedoms?

Blog Entries

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Stuff from Mexico

I think that it's important to jump on the virus as quickly as possible.

The Detroit article implied that too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    I think that it's important to jump on the virus as quickly as possible.
    Makes sense. Give your immune system a fighting chance before it becomes overwhelmed by the shear number of viruses going to work on every part of your body.

China. I don't know how much Western medicine they practice, but they recommended chloroquine back in mid-February, "selected from tens of thousands of existing drugs after multiple rounds of screening," (before Trump's utterance)
    http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/202..._138792545.htm
    I believe they largely rely on herbalists (apothecaries) and acupuncturists to get well. I doubt that the Chinese would need a doctor's prescription before they could buy chloroquine to self-medicate.

La India doesn't look very Indio,, but whatever. She has a gold mine there.

I know, I know,, we're talking about the country,, not a great joke in these times. Don't report me to BLM please.

Someday this will all sort out, and unless the commies and BLM take over next year,, the truth will come out. As any good Marxist knows,, the truth is subservient to the goals of the revolution, so if Sleepy Joe wins, then we may never know the truth about any of it.

People are voting with their feet on the Hydroxy. I visited four farmacias yesterday in Mexico before I found one with the drug,, and he only had one package. Mexicans are spooked,, Mexico continues to be hammered badly. They are suffering a lot of deaths. Masks are called "CubreBocas" and are everywhere. Pancho Villa was closed, but El Garage was open.

We walk past a indio mother, daughter, and her son, selling chiclets on the sidewalk in front of a pharmacy. We always give them our coinage as we leave, and usually a little extra. She was pregnant, then nursing the little girl the last times we were there,, but now,, the little girl is a toddler, and proudly holds up the chiclet box to passerby. There were few tourists, but the family looked healthy and content. The children are always clean and well-dressed.

They always recognize us, which pleases me.

We had planned to spend more time in Mexico, but they closed their border last night at midnight. You can come back to the US, but have to have a really good reason for entering. They were expecting a flood of Arizona Gringos who have houses on the Sea of Cortez for the four day weekend. We had a minor mechanical problem on the way down,, and Shelley has a week of work on Monday. So, she got a little spooked.

Arizona reported 17 yesterday, New York reported 24. Is New York ready for the second wave ? There is some new strain, no more dangerous, but much more contagious, that is predominating now. It takes over and eliminates the earlier strain. Darwin in action. We might not have seen the last of this for a while. Remember, the 1917 virus hit in two waves, and the second wave was much deadlier than the first.

And little Nicaragua,, with herd immunity ? Vamos a ver!

This would all be so fascinating if real people were not dying.
    As Hamlet said , "Aye, there's the rub "
    Attached Images Attached Images

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    How is it that here in the 3rd world I don't have to ask a doctor's permission to buy & take these WHO-listed, 80-yr-old medicines as I wish? Are we simply more free here?
    Self medicating is quite the sport for Nicaraguans - Really suprised none have died directly from it but theyre have been some closecalls.

One of the reasons I dispose of any prescriptions in our house right away as the rest of the family is always passing around the 1/2 or 1/3 filled expired bottles for what ever ails them.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Self medicating is quite the sport for Nicaraguans - Really surprised none have died directly from it but there have been some close calls.
    Farmacistas are like mother hens to those they recommend and sell drugs to here, offering plenty of warnings, except in the larger discount mills where customers seem to know what they want.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And many of these pills come in bubble packs with micro print and often after a few pills are removed there is no visible name left. Pills are pills.

Ran out of vitamin B and zinc. Sent the little woman to buy some but they were all out. Seems somebody started a rumor they are good for you.
    Self medicating is quite the sport for Nicaraguans - Really suprised none have died directly from it but theyre have been some closecalls.

One of the reasons I dispose of any prescriptions in our house right away as the rest of the family is always passing around the 1/2 or 1/3 filled expired bottles for what ever ails them.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

...with a 6 foot stick and mask and gloves....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    China. I don't know how much Western medicine they practice
    I really don't either, but I read a book by a Chinese immigrant to the West who grew up during Mao's ascendance (China in Ten Words). He described the training a dentist receives in a way you'd describe becoming a carpenter. Just show up, do what the boss does, and you'll get the hang of it. Maybe it's more rigorous today, or maybe not.

Blog Entries

Reuters today,
    "Special Report: Bolsonaro bets 'miraculous cure' for COVID-19 can save Brazil - and his life RIO DE JANEIRO/BRASILIA (Reuters) - Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has gone all in on hydroxychloroquine to help his coronavirus-ravaged country beat COVID-19. He has pushed his government to make the malaria drug widely available and encouraged Brazilians to take it, both to prevent the disease and to treat it."
    "Bolsonaro on Tuesday announced that he had tested positive for the disease. He said in a televised interview that he had taken an initial two doses, in conjunction with the antibiotic azithromycin, and felt better almost immediately. His only regret, he said, was not using it sooner."

Blog Entries

He sounds like a highly impressionable person...

One hell of a test site, Brazil.

I hope that Bolsonaro is right. It will piss off a lot of people here to find out that the Brazilians can go get the drug without waiting for their Covid test to come back (after they are already recovering from the virus).

Anything that blunts the virus's progress in the body would seem to make sense. But, you have to start it early on,, not after you've had the virus and are on your way to recovery. Does no good then.

Blog Entries

In this video three doctors speak plainly about the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine, used for out-patients - early use prophylaxis - proved to saves lives in clinics around the world, but restricted by the FDA, and prohibited in 44 States. Doctors trying to save lives prevented from doing so by politicians. Skip to minute 3:00 and all the annoying commercial bits.

Blog Entries

I've read that you can get hydroxychloroquine over the counter in Mexico. Also that it's easy to synthesize at home if you know what you're doing. Maybe we need backwoods chloroquine labs in the US across the stream from the meth labs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I've read that you can get hydroxychloroquine over the counter in Mexico. Also that it's easy to synthesize at home if you know what you're doing. Maybe we need backwoods chloroquine labs in the US across the stream from the meth labs.
    Yes, it's available in Mexico. I've bought some there,, the name brand.
    But it's in short supply.

There is so much more to this than just popping a pill. At 76, I attribute my good luck to being on a course of antibiotic prior and during my infection. At the first sign of infection,, Shelley began taking azith. She was expecting it,, as my symptoms were unmistakable.

Getting ahead of the virus,,, just like any infection, is crucial. So much of what is going on is, BS, CYA, and possibly worse: like the chaos and death in the streets,, a lot of people don't want this COVID thing solved before November 3. For the commies,, the ends ALWAYS justify the means. Your death is unfortunate, but it's for the greater good.

If you experience symptoms,, then wait 3 days for the test results to come back, then wait to see a doctor to -(reluctantly - "well,, I'm not sure an antibiotic is appropriate, this is a virus after all,, and I'm certainly NOT going to prescribe hydroxychloroquine " ...) - write a prescription, You have lost precious time.

Blog Entries

It’d be hilarious if the Mexican drug cartels got into smuggling Covid cures into the US.

Blog Entries

It’d be hilarious if the Mexican drug cartels got into smuggling Covid cures into the US.

Al Pachino drags his face across a table of ground up Hydroxychloroquine Raises his guns and says "Say hello to my little friend..."

Blog Entries

It seems to me that one of the major reasons for the success of the Canadians in the battle against Covid-19 in contrast to the USA's political flailing creating more pandemic failings, beyond the fact that Canadians are, by their very nature, more distant from one another, and the hit they took with SARS-1 some 15 years ago, is their use of hydroxychloroquine & chloroquine throughout the pandemic. What the US FDA had effectively outlawed, Canadian doctors saw as valid treatments to prevent full-blown Covid-19.
    Mar 23
    Canadian JAMP Pharma Group donating one million doses of hydroxychloroquine to hospitals to help combat COVID-19
    https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...897524025.html
    Apr 7
    Canadian prescriptions for malaria drug with COVID-19 potential surge, some for doctors' own use - the increased prescription of hydroxychloroquine as a coronavirus therapy is already creating shortages for patients with a proven need to take it
    https://nationalpost.com/health/cana...octors-own-use
    Imagine doctors taking it for their own personal use, while patients go without - Canadians, no less. (Scarface alter-egos?)

Blog Entries

At this point not a jury would convict them!

Blog Entries

“Twitter penalizes Donald Trump Jr. for posting hydroxychloroquine misinformation amid coronavirus pandemic” (today’s WaPo) … for 12 hours Trump Jr. cannot tweet, retweet or like other tweets … his tweet featured a “‘viral’ video showing a group of doctors making misleading and false claims” (WaPo) The video shows doctors in white coats in front of the US Supreme Court touting the benefits of hydroxychloroquine, zinc and azithromycin. (BBC) Breitbart posted it to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube yesterday. It was viewed 17 million times with 600,000 shares on FB and tweeted more than 153,000 times, before they took it down. Social media is owned and politicized. Science itself is politicized, always has been, yet, over time, the truth tends to rise above all the noise.

If you read nothing else on hydroxychloroquine for this pandemic, read the opinion piece in Newsweek by Yale epidemiologist Harvey A. Risch,
    https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeati...pinion-1519535

Blog Entries

TwitterBook has not yet told us the qualifications of the medical doctors on their staffs who determined the video made false claims.

Blog Entries

Well that Dude's credentials are very impressive.

CMA (Canadian medical association) is still frosty on its use.

If I were a conspiracy theorist I would say that someone out there does not want this pandemic stopped,, for whatever reason.

Poor guy is going to be canceled,, lose his job, and BLM will burn his house to the ground.

Impressive,, unequivocal statement. Worth re-linking. How many lives could have been saved ?

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeati...pinion-1519535

Blog Entries

CMA (Canadian medical association) is still frosty on its use.
    Frosty - an appropriate qualifier for Canadians .

Bill, help us understand Canada in this global medical/political debate.
    Are Canadian doctors directly prohibited from prescribing or using this drug on their Covid-19 patients? I'm asking about laws, Bill. Can a Canadian doctor lose her/his license for giving this to one of her/his Covid-19 patients?

No one is saying the chloroquines are the answer to all coronavirus ills. But to force American doctors to ignore its potential benefits? What other country does this? Certainly not communist China.

America is locked in life or death political paralysis. 'Science' (not truth) is just another weapon. It's an accumulation of nearly four years of 'underground' revolution produced, paid-for by the wealthiest elites who stand to lose their positions of global dominance should China not continue on as planned, or the US pull its troops out of the Middle East, . . . You see, our politicians are expected to be puppets, even presidents. Then, four years ago, along comes this spoiled knucklehead named Trump, and against all odds . . .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast