Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy Goya ! What Else

Default Buy Goya ! What Else

Can you do?

I'm afraid of wearing my MAGA hat, and this is Tucson for crying out loud, not the NYC subway where you get stabbed just for being white.

I used to wear it to Costco.

But, I can buy $20 of Goya beans and tell anyone who asks that I'm voting for Joe Biden.
    They have Goya at La Colonia in Estelí

Boy,, is that guy in for a surprise in November.
    If Sleepy makes it that far.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Buy Goya ! What Else

Beans are good. My wife has become a lentils fanatic, except when she cooked cow-tail soup for a neighbor.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

...with a 6 foot stick and mask and gloves....

Blog Entries

It's almost like Goya is paying AOC a fee to sell more of their products.

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Beans are good. My wife has become a lentils fanatic, except when she cooked cow-tail soup for a neighbor.

Yeah. We eat a lot of lentils too. I hooked up with a guy north of Mex City when I had some truck tire issues. Fernando. I spent a couple of days with him, he had a son the same age as Sebastian and a mother who watched the kids, which helped a lot. He grew lentils as well as fixed tires, gifted me ten pounds before I left. Ten pounds is a LOT of lentils.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Goya is hit and miss up here - Mostly miss.

I think this is all kinda silly - The man is paid to put beans in a can and protect shareholder value - Not play politics with a cash cow brand.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post

I think this is all kinda silly - The man is paid to put beans in a can and protect shareholder value - Not play politics with a cash cow brand.
    Opinions are like a**holes....everybody has one, even you Bill ...... and now we know yours.

Any occupation can be boiled down to an absurdity like you just did. Nice post.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Well, the African Americans have as their symbol of black righteousness , George Floyd.

We "white supremacists" now have Robert Unanue of Goya Foods.
    An impressive family history.
    The story reminds me somewhat of Don Carlos Pellas
    There is no mention in Unanue's biography as to whether he uses fentanyl and methamphetamine routinely. Or any of the other three trace drugs in Floyd's toxicology report.

Goya Gives

"Goya Gives" is a program to support various charities, scholarships, and events, and includes donations of products to food shelters and food banks during times of crisis, such as Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.[21] In March and April 2020, in response to the Coronavirus pandemic, Goya donated over 300,000 pounds (140,000 kg) of food, or about 270,000 meals, to food banks and other organizations in the United States, and also donated more than 20,000 protective masks.[22][23]

Here's a clip of George Floyd's latest business endeavor:

According to police officers’ probable-cause statement, which is often the basis of prosecutors’ case against suspects, the incident (on Aug. 9, 2007) unfolded like this: Two adults, Aracely Henriquez and Angel Negrete, and a toddler were in a home when they heard a knock at the front door. When Henriquez looked out the window, she saw a man “dressed in a blue uniform” who said “he was with the water department.” But when she opened the door, she realized the man was telling a lie and she tried shutting him out. Then, the statement reads

However, this male held the door open and prevented her from doing so. At this time, a black Ford Explorer pulled up in front of the Complainants’ residence and five other black males exited this vehicle and proceeded to the front door. The largest of these suspects forced his way into the residence, placed a pistol against the complainant’s abdomen, and forced her into the living room area of the residence. This large suspect then proceeded to search the residence while another armed suspect guarded the complainant, who was struck in the head and side areas by this second armed suspect with his pistol after she screamed for help. As the suspects looked through the residence, they demanded to know where the drugs and money were and Complaint Henriquez advised them that there were no such things in the residence. The suspects then took some jewelry along with the complainant’s cell phone before they fled the scene in the black Ford Explorer.

About three months later, investigators in the Houston Police Department narcotics unit “came across this vehicle during one of the their respective investigations and identified the following subjects as occupants of this vehicle at the time of their investigation: George Floyd (Driver)…,” the statement reads.
    At 6-foot-7, Floyd was identified as the “the largest” of the six suspects who arrived at the home in the Ford Explorer and had pushed a pistol against Henriquez’ abdomen before looking for items to steal. (Nothing in the court documents suggests she was pregnant at the time of the robbery, contrary to what memes and Owens later claimed.) He pleaded guilty in 2009 and was sentenced to five years in prison. He was paroled in January 2013, when he was almost 40 years old.

Goya makes more than just beans; I can't eat beans like I used to be able to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Opinions are like a**holes....everybody has one, even you Bill ...... and now we know yours.

Any occupation can be boiled down to an absurdity like you just did. Nice post.
    Marxists are paid to destroy western culture and replace it with absolute despotism, not to play politics with food companies. Hey, that was easy! Give it a try, Tom!

Goya Adobo is very good, my favorite kind. Some of their seasonings are very good as well. I especially like their capers, very nice Spanish taste to them, but the bastards only put them in the small bottles. When I was in Nicaragua the Goya distributor was a good friend of mine. They had a scratch and dent purchases to be made and I would buy the piss outta the stuffed olives and canned hams they had.

Blog Entries

Nice find....Goya capers in Walmart $2.43.......$8.00 online.......love caoers, cream cheese, lox, with tomato over a bagel in am.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

I just checked the Wiki - The current CEO is the 3rd generation family ownership - so I guess time will tell if throwing his beans into the firestorm of US politics works out.

Interesting Wiki too..

Blog Entries

Maybe he has vice presidential aspirations, can't everybody be a black female.
    Except in CR, I guess.

Blog Entries

Supporting one's president didn't used to be synonymous with throwing one's beans into politics. His beans were dragged there by a barmaid-turned-politician and then roasted by her wokey-woke culture cancelers.

Blog Entries

Have you seen her soyboy boyfriend? AOC gives him anti-racism lessons so he will be a good little woke boy.

I don't even know what adobo is.
    How Woke is that ? I feel ashamed.

But, we are having the Goya yellow rice with pork tonight.
    My goal is to enjoy one Goya product every night until I run out of options.

Covid:

I chatted with a business associate in Brazil this morning. Or, at least he was a business associate until both our businesses were hammered by Covid. He has parents who might be vulnerable.

He said the doctors in Brazil are prescribing a combination of Prednisone and Azithromycin to treat Covid cases.
    Prednisone is a widely used steroid, that would suppress the immune response.

He didn't say at what point this treatment was implemented.

Clearly, you want some immune response initially, but not one that runs amok and impacts your lungs.
    This is what killed everyone in 1917, an out of control immune response that filled your lungs with debris and made it impossible to breathe.

Of course, there were no antibiotics in 1917.
    The 1917 influenza virus was thought to set the stage for a bacterial pneumonia that did the actual killing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    I don't even know what adobo is.
    How Woke is that ? I feel ashamed.

Cowboy Kent the youtube cook keeps on blathering on about Adobo - I guess it is good.

My goal is to enjoy one Goya product every night until I run out of options.
    I think the Wiki page said "Over 800" You set yourself quite a challenge.

Blog Entries

We use Adobo, but I have no idea what’s in it.

Blog Entries

The only adobo I know of was from a trip to Santa Fe NM. Everything came in adobo, like you ordered a steak and you got a hot chili soup with a steak hidden in the middle. Restaurants had heat/pain warnings on the menu. What's in it? Hellfire in liquid form!

It was my first introduction to New Mexican cuisine. It is very different from typical Southwest/northern Mexico food.
    I believe in other places it has less chili.

Garbazo beans is another one of our favorites. Available but not too well known here. My wife got brave and learned how to use a pressure cooker which speeds of cooking of these dry beans.

Blog Entries

Garbazo beans is another one of our favorites. My wife got brave and learned how to use a pressure cooker which speeds of cooking of these dry beans.
    A couple of restaurants here in Leon serve hummus, a dip, made with mashed garbanzos, sesame oil, garlic, lemon and parsley, best eaten with flat bread. The Israeli restaurant (name?) in Granada across from the Garden Cafe offers it with pita bread freshly baked in wood fired stone ovens.

It's hard to find sesame oil here despite the fact that it's one of Nicaragua major exports. It's essential for good hummus. The garlic probably wards off viral infections.

We destroyed a pressure cooker with garbanzos. OK, the maid, hired when the baby was born, a dim, big-hearted woman, did it. She overfilled it with dried garbanzos and water, put the lid on tight, turned the burner high and went about cleaning the apartment. The explosion rocked the building. The lid took out a chunk of wall plaster, but most fascinating was the spherical distribution of garbanzos squashed onto wall, ceiling, & cupboards of that small latino kitchen. Fortunately, no one hurt.

Blog Entries

We make hummis with Chick peas, olive oil, garlic and tex mex spice - The Hallal grocer down town has some really good flat bread to scoop it up.

Blog Entries

Tradition here is to cook everything at the highest flame the stove will allow. Burning plastic handles on pots is OK, it is fate or something, not toxic fumes. There appears to be no word in Nica Spanish for "simmer".

Blog Entries

We make hummis with Chick peas, olive oil, garlic and tex mex spice
    Chick peas = garbanzos The Tex-Mex spice, like Goya's adobo seasoning (chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper) will override any subtle tastes. There is a Middle Eastern bean dip traditionally made with olive oil, but it uses fava beans. You haven't tried hummus if it's not made with sesame oil.

Tradition here is to cook everything at the highest flame the stove will allow. Burning plastic handles on pots is OK, it is fate or something, not toxic fumes. There appears to be no word in Nica Spanish for "simmer".

I've seen that too!!
    I've tried to explain that once the contents of the pot come to a boil,, any heat beyond what keeps the contents boiling is simply wasted gas, and cooks the food no faster.

To more than one person with identical results: The burner stays on max heat.

Blog Entries

I've seen that too!!
    I've tried to explain that once the contents of the pot come to a boil,, any heat beyond what keeps the contents boiling is simply wasted gas, and cooks the food no faster.

To more than one person with identical results: The burner stays on max heat.
    And don't forget the steel scour pad on the no stick once it is time to clean up.

Blog Entries

and cutting food on the granite countertop with your best cutlery...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast