Thread: Beef From Nicaragua

Default Beef From Nicaragua

From the PBS Trump Bashing Hour:

https://www.pbs.org/video/october-20...de-1603166402/

About 37:00 into the program.

Obligatory Trump Bashing always comes first,, before the news.

Some interesting bedfellows will find company in a couple of months:

US meat packers will want their business back after the pandemic is resolved;
    And awareness of the cost of Nicaraguan beef to the indigenous community is becoming apparent;
    And,, a lot of people out there want to spank Nicaragua, the EU,, the US,, the OAS among them.

We have a moment approaching similar to that of Nike and their earlier sweatshop association.
    Does McDonalds want this beef in their hamburgers ?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Beef From Nicaragua

I call the news “30 minutes’ hate” after Orwell’s identical but shorter version 72 years ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    https://www.pbs.org/video/october-20...de-1603166402/ About 37:00 into the program.
    Some interesting bedfellows will find company in a couple of months:
    US meat packers will want their business back after the pandemic is resolved;
    And awareness of the cost of Nicaraguan beef to the indigenous community is becoming apparent; And,, a lot of people out there want to spank Nicaragua, the EU,, the US,, the OAS among them.
    Does McDonalds want this beef in their hamburgers ?
    Thanks for posting this Pirate. Yes, when will the pandemic be "resolved"? Until the Nica beef issue becomes a nationwide movement and that takes financial backing & weepy demonstrating liberals, nothing will happen. PBS poking Thomas Foods' moral conscience doesn't have the heft that 60 Minutes carries. Thomas just brushed it off.

I noticed the clear-cut lands. Those old hardwood trees are a valuable enticement for settlers. RAAN & RAAS are practically not part of Nicaragua, but the Sandi's are intent on changing that. Looks like the profit motive may help 'em a lot. Cattle rustling near indiginous jungle lands will be a problem tho.

I thought that the major beef-producing area of Nicaragua was Chontales. And that most was being shipped to Venezuela . . . but now that they can't pay for it . . .

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I call the news “30 minutes’ hate” after Orwell’s identical but shorter version 72 years ago.

Both sides seem to be equally willing to deal out hate...
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Both sides seem to be equally willing to deal out hate...

Yes, keeps you awake and alert.
    Not sure if that is a good thing.

This organized stifling of Hunter's laptop is a fascinating study,, almost like they knew it was coming,, just a question of when,, and were ready to close the faucet.

I expected a steady,, drip,, drip,, drip,, Are they saving the best for last ?

The NSA is not supposed to be listening to domestic chatter,, they are supposed to focus on where Ortega stashed the "cooperation" money and who is cutting off heads in Syria. Jane Fonda making phone calls to North Vietnam,, important stuff like that. But, it all comes through the pipe,, just a minor change to an algorithm alerts the servers as to what to pick out of the stream.

And Glenn Greenwald on Fox News ?? WTF ?? What's up next,, Trump pardoning Assange ?

Intercept founder Glenn Greenwald called Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) "the most pathological liar in all of American politics" accusing the House Intelligence Chairman in an interview on Fox News of fabricating "accusations at the drop of a hat the way other people change underwear."

Pass me the Schiff so I can wipe my Nadler

I think that this would be the real problem with living in Canada,, you guys don't have any fun.

Blog Entries

The cow boats to Venezuela stopped way before 2018, was 2500 head every other week, used to see them pass El Bluff. Last I saw the 2 boats were tied along the river in Rama.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Pass me the Schiff so I can wipe my Nadler

I got that wrong,, it goes:

Pass me the TP so I can wipe the Schiff off my Nadler

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    The cow boats to Venezuela stopped way before 2018, was 2500 head every other week, used to see them pass El Bluff. Last I saw the 2 boats were tied along the river in Rama.

The beef is probably going out now in freezer containers.

I saw one graphic that showed it going out of Corinto as well.

There is one big meat packer in Condega,, employs 400.
    Really modern facility.

Probably a lot around Chinandega too.
    I was buying a lot of corn feed from Chinandega at one point,, don't know where Krisnia is getting it now.
    Politics and family is more important than money in Nicaragua --if someone else is footing the bill

Argentine beef is available now after a long embargo because of hoof and mouth disease.
    And probably cheaper with the devaluation in their currency.

Now they are calling it "Conflict Beef"

That noise you hear is new NGOs firing up, submitting grant requests.