Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Vaccine

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Vaccine

Onward to more vaccines. The campaign is slow, but probably not worse than most poor countries. Minsa at least has the manpower. Anyway, the little women got authorized for today a the hospital at 5am, "earlier if you want to miss the aboroto". On the way we passed the big Minsa clinic, lit up like a sports event with a buttload of people lined up outside. Dropped her off at the hospital where there was a group of about a dozen people extruding each other thru the crappy pedestrian gate. Decided to go home, not a whole lot of charm in sitting around in the dark. She called and said she was #300 which didn't seem to promising. At 7 I got call to pick her up, bad news being I saw Hipico traffic Plus at 7 am on a thursday??? Trip started off with an AH passing me on the right to turn left in front of me. Anyway, she walked back towards town a few blocks so I wouldn't get stuck in the primary mess in front of the hospital. To their credit , there were dantos with red flashlights trying to control the mess. and then we had breakfast at RostiPollos.

Anyway, other than the lack of any distancing inside, everything was orderly and professional. There were big teams working and doing paperwork, BP checks, and the jabs. I vastly prefer the AZ mode of an appt. at 10 am with only 1 other person in line, but.. And AZ they even gave me a free bottle of water while I was waiting out the 15 minute countdown,. No lollipop, thought.

She did see several friend and neighbors, like an old timers convention in SuperWalmart in the US.

She won the lotto and got Sputnic which would have been my choice. I don't even know no Ruskies but somehow I trust them more than the CDC. She was nervous but the neighbor coming down with it scared her. I told her to go for it because this shit is going to run heavy in C.A. for the next 2 years so it is a matter of do it now or do it later. Tambien, no lollipop and only a 5 minute wind-down.

They didn't say when the 2nd circus comes to town but I am sure the word will get out. I don't know if it is the same 3 week interval like the US vaccines.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Canadian Customs officials the most polite son's-a-bitches I have ever dealth with. Been in and out CA 3 times, all the times were hemorroid provokers. One time they saw my Mex passport along with my US one, they couldn't fathom a white guy being Mexican as well, and went to interrogating me big time. All the times they gave me grief because it shows I am from Texas and they repeatedly asked me if I had guns with me. Not to mention the whole "have you ever been arrested deal", which the Canadians look for DWI's, I think they can see the US information or something. I have a clean record in the US, not so much other countries but they will never know about that.

Twice they went through my vehicle with a fine tooth comb. Questioned me why I was carrying 5 cans of Copenhagen, I mean WTF dude have you ever seen Canadian snuff prices? Amazingly they do all this in such a polite manner, so friendly. Very methodical and s-l-o-w, which I think they do on purpose to stress you out. You would think they have the Virgin's Pearls up there that they are trying to protect from uncooth riff raff or something. Yet I have known a ton of Mexicans who could never get US visa's that got Canadian ones and went mojado across the great mostly white north once they got feed on the ground in Canada. There used to be some odd loopholes with Canadian visa's, don't know about now.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

We lost that Haitian man I was talking about last week. He died on Tuesday - A 58 - ish no preexisting condition, svelte man. His wife who is quite "substantial" though is probably going to pull through - She is off the ventilator and on O2 now. The visitation is some time this weekend.

You know as you meet people on your passage to death by the thousands, possibly 10's of thousands, and many of them have not even a passing memory. Lukusa ( We always referred to him by last name oddly ) was one of those people I will remember even though our interaction over the past 20 yrs was below 100hrs maybe.

In On-scare-E-O Canada is now @ 70% first / 56% second. BUT rates across the entire country is dropping quickly. There are 7 million doses arriving this week (Entire country - 38M) and they need to get in arms.

In the end my _guess_ is we will hit the 75% with both to give us a manageable health care margin to manage those who choose not to get the shot which is a close to a perfect scenario.

Of those who choose the challenge/risk of the Virus over the vaccine we will at least have a bed and a Dr. to attend to them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    Canadian Customs officials the most polite son's-a-bitches I have ever dealth with. Been in and out CA 3 times, all the times were hemorroid provokers. One time they saw my Mex passport along with my US one, they couldn't fathom a white guy being Mexican as well, and went to interrogating me big time. All the times they gave me grief because it shows I am from Texas and they repeatedly asked me if I had guns with me. Not to mention the whole "have you ever been arrested deal", which the Canadians look for DWI's, I think they can see the US information or something. I have a clean record in the US, not so much other countries but they will never know about that.

Twice they went through my vehicle with a fine tooth comb. Questioned me why I was carrying 5 cans of Copenhagen, I mean WTF dude have you ever seen Canadian snuff prices? Amazingly they do all this in such a polite manner, so friendly. Very methodical and s-l-o-w, which I think they do on purpose to stress you out. You would think they have the Virgin's Pearls up there that they are trying to protect from uncooth riff raff or something. Yet I have known a ton of Mexicans who could never get US visa's that got Canadian ones and went mojado across the great mostly white north once they got feed on the ground in Canada. There used to be some odd loopholes with Canadian visa's, don't know about now.

OK,, time for the Montreal story. I may have told it already,, but . . . .

I had a job in Montreal,, has to be ten years back at least. I showed up at the Canadian border in a rented SUV with two of those Sun Microsystems 25 inch monitors, two Blade 2000 servers (state of the art while Sun was still selling that hardware) and the miscellaneous keyboards, cable,, to make it all work. The boxes those monitors came in were huge,, you could probably live in one.

The guy looks in the back, waves me into a parking lot, and I go into a building where I show my passport again, and then answer:
    "What is the purpose of your visit to Canada ?"

Back then,, I don't know now,, they charged you to work in Canada,, even just a day or two.

I give the young lady officer (now customs) a total bullshit story about being in upstate NY working (true), having a friend who just had a baby in Montreal, and I had a small present for his daughter,,, all true. I did, some special, some doll that did something). I just neglected to mention that I would be working the next two - three days.

So, she says "Go get the doll,, I want to see it"
    I go out to the car, get the doll, she admires it,, and sends me on my way.
    Next stop Montreal.

At the time I was selling servers that drove DocuTechs, competing with Xerox' $45K price. I only asked $15K, and I gave them two processors, bigger hard drives,, and doubled the memory,, all expensive Sun stuff. The Xerox server could barely get out of its own way.

Everyone was dumping the old Sun hardware,, the world was going X86, Sun even had a version of Solaris that ran on X86.
    There was tons of it on EBAY , and cheap. Shipping was often more than the purchase price.

So, my cost was generally around $5K, and for a while I couldn't keep up with the demand. I had to install the stuff, configure everything, support it. Xerox wasn't going to do it. And the customers were in Greece, Germany, France and Italy as well as the US -thank God the bulk of it was the US.

Xerox ( to my potential clients): "It won't work,, we will never license the software.
    Without a license the server won't work. And,, we won't service the equipment "

Me: "Let me worry about that. I'll make it work or you don't pay me."

It did work.
    I lived in California at the time, but mostly lived on a plane.

I was Platinum Elite on AA for short time; the free upgrades took some of the sting out of it.
    I just wish that I hadn't spent all the money.

Blog Entries

Lukusa had a bit on the local news as well - The fellow between the couple in the photo with the silly grin is Peter L . Peter is also a fellow I consider a close friend as well though we have not spoken for years.

CKCO

Chilo told me, as the piece states, the wife had been out of hospital for some time.

Blog Entries

I would stand back, I know these players....
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Anti-vaxxer. He is number 2 on the Center for Countering Digital Hate’s “Disinformation Dozen” report on ‘em. https://www.counterhate.com/disinformationdozen

He’s Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. His book “The Real Anthony Fauci: Bill Gates, Big Pharma, and the Global War on Democracy and Public Health,” part of Children’s Health Defense, is to be published 14 Sept 2021. The Kindle Edition is now #1 Best Seller in Amazon: Physician & Patient Medical Ethics. He reports that Fauci and Bill Gates worked together to finance and promote the gain-of-function experiments in Wuhan, source of the COVID-19 pathogen. “The irony of Fauci leading the global response to a pandemic that he may have created becomes starker by the day.”

Meanwhile, get ready for your booster, Bubba.

See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil: be a wise simian

Blog Entries

It still mystifies me how public health professionals, who (at least in Canada) hold no actual "Power" than the power of suggestion to the legislative branch.

Dr Tam (National Chief Public Health Officer ) Dr. Williams (Former Ontario Chief Public Health Officer, retired end June) and others around the country (Other provinces) were all subject to the hackles of being part of the global "Cover up".

Up here it did not stick. These are simply Dr's who are doing what is dictated by their ethical obligations and regulations to pass recommendations to the legislature. The legislature can reject the recommendations if they wish, but they don't because the data is sound.

Then I look at your Dr. Fauchi's resume and Mr. Gates track record and compare that to their detractors and see nothing but an orchestrated hack.

It is still quite plausible that the virus was an accidental release from Wuhan, or it could be natural - Only time will reveal the facts.

The problem, like the "stolen electon" is not the reality,, but the desconfianza in the general population.
    The reluctance to accept leadership will make this pandemic longer, and will kill more people.

The media's malfeasance escapes no one.
    Everyone knows that we are not getting a straight story about much that is happening.
    This generates a raw cynicism that is in no one's best interest.

Blog Entries

In this environment "Raw Cynicism" is in everyone's best interest.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

We hit 80% with first, just a hair under 68% with both Yesterday (over 12Yrs of Age)

National numbers are just 1% lower for both and same (within a 1/4%) for first.

Blog Entries

FOF went to hospital to have baby. Relatives not allowed in because hospital is full of covid patients. Seems more people with masks lately but my mechanic has a contrarian strategy--he smokes all day to keep people socially distancing from him.

Nic pushing hard on 2 1/2% vaccinated. Gunna be a long couple years...

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/n...accine-tracker

Blog Entries

This is another 1 of the things that baffles me, I figured they would really be pumping out the vaccine to gain support in front of the election, but instead they are just stockpiling most that gets donated. Where Lead Floats.....
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

What "election"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    What "election"?
    2021 coronation?

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    2021 coronation?

Queen Chamuka I

Blog Entries

When they hit town they do 1000s the same morning at multiple sites and it seems they have a well honed team. Mexico, CR and some others are only at 15-20%, so worldwide I'd say this is going to drag our forever and with new variants maybe longer than forever.

Back in civilization, the rubes back home are still fighting over masks. Nobody has the sense or the political balls to just spit it out--the protocols need to stay in place till the end of the pandemia which will not be this year. Americans are too freedom loving to have a small pandemic so they had a large one.

Now employers are pushing for mandatory vaccination. Probably legal but they will pick up liability for any bad reactions to the shot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    When they hit town they do 1000s the same morning at multiple sites and it seems they have a well honed team. Mexico, CR and some others are only at 15-20%, so worldwide I'd say this is going to drag our forever and with new variants maybe longer than forever.
    And the doses are a perishable good - Not sure on Sputnik but the Pfizer, Maderna and AZ are reported to have a 6 month shelf and 16 hour prepped shelf life.

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Back in civilization, the rubes back home are still fighting over masks. Nobody has the sense or the political balls to just spit it out--the protocols need to stay in place till the end of the pandemia which will not be this year. Americans are too freedom loving to have a small pandemic so they had a large one.

Now employers are pushing for mandatory vaccination. Probably legal but they will pick up liability for any bad reactions to the shot.
    So far here the only madidated shot place is University residences. If you want to reside on Campus you have to have at least one dose - If you are a first responder or medical worker and do not take it you are typically put on light duty.

The mask mandate was legislated in place to May 2022 long ago up here - So we hope it drops as soon as the 80% double dose is hit.

Blog Entries

Not sure how I feel about Mandated shots.....however, as I remember as a kid we HAD to have a smallpox vaccination and maybe a couple of others before we were allowed in school. So, essentially, after some period of time, we were all vaccinated.

It just seems sensible to get the effing shot, not only for yourself but for society in general. Just WHAT is the reasoning behind shot refusal?

This mandated mask bullshit is simply bureaucratic control run amuck.....this is what big government (ass covering) gets you....it is always easier to deny than to allow freedom.

Polio, measles, (MMR), we remember smallpox but the younger generation does not.
    That will still be the biological weapon of choice if Iran gets pushed into a corner.
    Our history with COVID doesn't lend a lot of confidence to the government's ability to handle something serious.

So,, maybe we will still see a world free of Rap someday.
    Every cloud has a silver lining.

My feeling too, get the shot and be done with it.
    Just the ability to travel freely will be worth it.

For those who have had Covid it will be a nice booster.

The less time the virus has to mutate, the better for all of us.
    Unfortunately, it WILL continue to mutate in the 3rd world, and some variant might come back to bite our ass.

What I want to know is,, what happened to the flu ? That was a multi billion dollar business.
    Will it be replaced with an annual Covid booster ?

Blog Entries

This morning saw they were giving shots on El Bluff, just messaged a friend there, Got Sputnik. Sound like she has Covid right now though, she may have a hard night ahead.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Requiring shots is legal, but with a hitch this is legally an experimental shot that has not been fully tested. Any employer who requires it is putting themself at risk financially, going to be some interesting Workman Comp cases as a few people have bad reactions. Some employers are playing it safe--requiring shots or masks/weekly testing as options, as well as religious and health exemptions.

If I were retired in northern AZ I would have avoided the shot for another 6 months at least to see how it pans out. Anyone read up on how the old sugar cube polio vaccines now give people polio??? Viruses are pesky critters. Travel and the possible meltdown here complicates things so I got the shot, wish me luck.

Masks, etc., are 30-40% effective in crowded places. Hot air (from biden or Trump) is 0% effective. Hot air from Cruz is -0% effective. Yeah, I know, there is no -0, just saying. Cameltoe seems to have no air, she is just hiding till she wins the presidential lottery.

Hoping that by my trip next year they will accept shot card in lieu of testing and quarantine. Not perfect science but a lot more economical and pragmatic. One possible hitch for Nicas is the US may not accept Sputnik.

The flu? It took a temporary setback due to the dirty Americans washing their hands, wearing masks, and staying home when sick. It will be back.I can't forget one place I worked at. We were told to come to work sick because "half a body is better than none".

Last edited by el duende grande; 07-28-2021 at 01:43 PM.

"If I were retired in northern AZ I would have avoided the shot for another 6 months at least to see how it pans out. Anyone read up on how the old sugar cube polio vaccines now give people polio??? Viruses are pesky critters. Travel and the possible meltdown here complicates things so I got the shot, wish me luck."

Not to mention the long held belief that HIV was spread through África by the polio vaccination programa.

While the Wikipedia article (interesting reading) claims the theory was discredited, an interesting tidbit was that the HIV virus has been present in humans as early as 1915.
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 07-28-2021 at 04:02 PM.

"possible hitch for Nicas is the US may not accept Sputnik."

I've talked to a number of vac recipients in Nicaragua and no one knew which vaccine they received.

For the old people it's the Holy Grail,, a relic that they unreservedly believe in.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast