Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccine

Blog Entries

Default Vaccine

Nica has started receiving donated vaccine, see if the Leaders hoard it. MINSA is pretty good about getting the masses covered, yrs ago when the "Rat Shit Sickness" was going around they went house to house giving meds, during Dengue seasons they often go house to house.

Here in the "Land of the Free" the 3rd vaccine has been approved and starts going in arms today. I might be able to get vaccinated by end of April or May if the current pace continues, no real desire to get it, but believe it will become a necessity if you want to travel.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Vaccine

I'd rather avoid the US vaccines, but this is going to be an all-year thing and possibly permanent. Next spike will be the FL tourist trade seeding the north with the UK variant. 2021 will see a 2-way sliding scale of covid going down because of the vaccines and covid going up due to stupid.

I wonder about the logistics here. If one gets 1 shot here and then goes abroad, how will they get the second shot of the same brand?

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Blog Entries

EXPLOSIVE! STUNNING!
    You may not wish to watch this video: it is unadulterated, solid medical & scientific information about early treatment for covid-19 to vaccines to the beginnings of SARS-CoV-2 by Dr. Peter McCulloch.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...mortality.aspx
    You may not wish to read the report by Dr. Joseph Mercola. Ignorance is bliss.
    See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil: be a wise simian

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Looked at his Wiki page - Been pissing off a host of regulatory institutions for decades it appears.

Guess he found peddling Covid pseudo science pays better than vitamin supplements, always gotta catch the next wave I guess.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

That's Mercola. Yeah, he's controversial, but here he's feeding off of Dr. Peter McCullough - who curiously has no Wiki page. Listen to what McCullough has to say. He speaks the truth, which is clearly contrary to much of the "conventional wisdom" about covid and the vaccines. It's solid science.

Blog Entries

But who's truth. Lots of people believe in lots of different Gods, and they all say their God is the true God, are they all speaking the truth?

I got the vaccine because of 1 truth and that is, sooner or later you will need to have it to go somewhere you want to go. Will it kill you, maybe, but at least you can travel.

Nicaragua receiving 500k Covak vaccinations today, not sure who donated, another 10% of population will get shots, long way to go, and Ortega ain't going to spend any of "his" $$ on such foolishness. I know a few people that have got shots, all over 60, all near well populated areas. Island got 200 doses other day, big help for the 15k population.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

On a side note, I know lots of people that are refusing to get the vaccine, and surprisingly is not my Hillbilly/Redneck contingency of friends, it is ones that have some (& in some cases a lot of) education. A friend I went to high School with is a nurse, been working Covid Contracts the past yr, all the hot spots, NYC, El Paso, etc, $5k week and all expenses paid, she refuses to get it.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post

Nicaragua receiving 500k Covak vaccinations today, not sure who donated, another 10% of population will get shots, long way to go, and Ortega ain't going to spend any of "his" $$ on such foolishness. I know a few people that have got shots, all over 60, all near well populated areas. Island got 200 doses other day, big help for the 15k population.
    Chilo says Edward (Eldest Brother) got his today as well ironically - His 2nd is first week June.

Marta (2nd eldest sister) on the other hand wants nothing to do with a mask nor the shot.

I got my vaccine for just the simple reason that the health care system up here has never shown me malice and could have taken me out of the mix twice before (Cancer and Pneumonia). Same with Chilo , my Mom , my Dad, and various friends - I have never found that the Canadian healthcare did not have some empathy and quality care for myself or those I know.

Some people are naturally contrarian and are wired that way - I get that and think that sort of thing is necessary as their point of view makes all of the rest of us to at least think about the actions we take in lock step with the norm.

That is freedom, to think and do what you choose within reason (and the law) . So far any talk of forced vaccination, for those who are not minors, is getting wet blanket thrown on it very quickly by both the elected ones and health care people up here.

If you choose not to get the shot I doubt travel will be refused if you are not vaccinated - they want and need the cash - but you entrance threshold will be higher in some way. That is a consequence of the free choice.

Blog Entries

If and when there ever are "Vaccine Passports" , there will be strong and weak ones just like regular passports, and sadly (for me anyway) the USA 1 will likely be the weakest. There is no central database, and so many different entities are giving the shot all using their own systems, it will take forever to get the info organized. On the other hand there is Nicaragua where MINSA controls every dose, but will they ever be willing to share the info.

I had tried to get a J&J shot but was near impossible without a long drive and long wait, now they are begging people to come get them. I got a Pfizer appt with CVS online, half mile from house. My original thought was to get 1st dose, get the card, and just fill in the 2nd dose myself, but the process was so quick and easy, my 2nd date set before I left, 21 days later I was done.

Belize is starting up more restrictions, Costa Rica is a shit storm, but 8 Billion tourists $$ a yr, a few people may have to die, they need tourists.

Of all the people tested in MGA I have yet to hear of a single person testing positive and their turn around is mysteriously fast, $150 a pop tax on every airline seat out of Nica.

What it looks like for now is Countries will ease restrictions if you are fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to entry, I thought the States was going to do that for its citizens but not heard anymore about it, some European Countries are doing it, think Guatemala is same, been meaning to check on Honduras.

Charters and Avianca still around $800 r/t to MGA from MIA (Charters are scheduled into September now), plus a test on each end, test are easy and cheap (or free) in USA, but that $150 on Nica end is unavoidable, at least once a week a story on FB about someone getting bounced from their flight to MGA for this, that, or the other.

For years I told people the only thing that remotely prepared me for living in Nicaragua was living in New Orleans where corruption and graft are well oiled, and half the city is a perpetual crime scene. Now it may be the only thing that prepared me for reentry to the States was life in the real 3rd World, not a 3rd World wanna be.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

One of the "Canned" questions" is do you wish to share your vaccine record with the (Provincial) Government - We said yes of course.

This data can then be up loaded to the feds who can then drop it against your passport.

I really doubt you will have a page in your passport showing the shot, but more of a passport database entry flagging yes / no for the shot.

Funny bit on our shot.

Somehow Chilo was inserted into a Minority, woman, refugee data base. That is how she got her spot in line - Yes she is a Woman, and yes she is a minority, but has never entered Canada under refugee (Sponsored by her eldest brother) - It was probably a data dump glitch from the Dr office to the group.

Other than people giving the shot, I was the only Caucasian in the group.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

President Fauci will use every trick to get people vaccinated in an unending campaign of power, ego, and coverup for how the US has bungled the whole pandemic. Vaccinating kids is just to up the Total Vaccinated number for the government even if the kids don't really need the shots. Remember Body Counts in Vietnam?

"Passports" are part real, look at the yellow fever cards that have been around forever and somehow never became a libertarian nightmare. And they are part hype to scare people into getting vaccinated. Entities like the EU may push such a system but they have the infrastructure and totalitarian mindset, the social democratic USSR. Net net, requiring a shot card for international travel may be cheaper and easier than requiring constant testing. Noted that both the tests and the shots are not perfect, so you go with the imperfect solution that is cheaper and easier!

As far as the vaccines, would it have been better if the gov said "It takes 3 years to properly vet a vaccine so go suck an egg" or push thru a quicky vaccine and getterdone?
    Hard decisions had to be made by stupid and corrupt people ruling over a corrupt and spoiled populace.

PS- I hope normal plane service is restored to mga by xmas, but that is about as likely as getting properly cooked bacon in Nicaragua.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...3311621425980/
    Last edited by el duende grande; 05-19-2021 at 09:34 AM.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Blog Entries

Speaking of Bacon, a buddy bakes his, had always heard of it, never done it, bakes a big 2# pack at a time and keeps it in fridge, stuff is perfect.

COPA had some crazy fares from Florida, they fly nonstop from Orlando to PTY then from there anywhere, had an $80 fare to Guatemala, around $100 to SJO and you could do a 6 day stop over in Panama, but then to enter Nica need Yellow Fever Vaccine after being in Panama. Got a lot of Coast friends that live in Panama or have family that do and always wanted to visit, have only been in PTY airport passing through.

Unfortunately the Yellow Fever Vaccine is neither free or easy like the Covid Vaccine.
    Last edited by cookshow; 05-19-2021 at 11:24 AM.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Speaking of Bacon, a buddy bakes his, has always heard of it, never done it,
    Throw some brown sugar on there - Bliss...

Blog Entries

"Boy" in over his head - True-Dope - Stated that the Canadian side of the border will not be opened until vaccinations pass 75%

CTV

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Throw some brown sugar on there - Bliss...
    Now that sounds good.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

PS- I hope normal plane service is restored to mga by xmas, but that is about as likely as getting properly cooked bacon in Nicaragua.

Or, proper bacon,,, period.

Blog Entries

"Boy" in over his head - True-Dope - Stated that the Canadian side of the border will not be opened until vaccinations pass 75%

CTV
    Vaccinating kids over 12 in States to get #s up, and still doubt they reach 70%.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post

Or, proper bacon,,, period.
    You raise pigs, learn to butcher them, Bacon is not magic, every pig is a donor. Not everything comes from PriceSmart.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

I walked into the DMV to register a boat trailer 2 weeks ago. I was told that I had to wear a mask at all times....OK.
    After waiting for an hour, some male clerk told me that I needed more paperwork....go away and come back.
    I went in today mask less, with more things to do and was surprised to see some employees with and some without masks.
    I again presented my (same) paperwork to a pleasant woman with no mask at all.
    She got my licenses (all three) in record time without resorting to a life sparing mask!
    Am very happy that we have a sensible governor instead of a Cuomo.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

One of the "Canned" questions" is do you wish to share your vaccine record with the (Provincial) Government - We said yes of course.

This data can then be up loaded to the feds who can then drop it against your passport...

...Somehow Chilo was inserted into a Minority, woman, refugee data base. That is how she got her spot in line - Yes she is a Woman, and yes she is a minority, but has never entered Canada under refugee (Sponsored by her eldest brother) - It was probably a data dump glitch from the Dr office to the group.
    Trust your government to properly handle personal data, eh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Trust your government to properly handle personal data, eh?
    2 parts I guess

Part 1 - Chilo's data - Actually in this case it would be the Dr office that did something incorrect (not even wrong really) And Dr. offices up here are private service providers to the public insurance system.

Part 2 - The vaccination data has to get into your charts somehow - This is the easiest way to do that. My record of vaccination will get to my Dr's records sometime - Soon or not I do not know.

Blog Entries

Handle data like your bank that just got hacked, who cares if you were vaccinated, they want your pin #.
    Ernie K Doe

You raise pigs, learn to butcher them, Bacon is not magic, every pig is a donor. Not everything comes from PriceSmart.
    Raise them I can. Violeta just dropped 14. One runt,, a couple of big ones.

Butcher?? I don't know.
    For 300 cords and the head someone will do.it for me.

Sows go through this post partum period where they are lethargic and don't eat or drink much.

It worries a new father who reacts with an antibiotic injection, an injection of dexamethazone just in case she has Covid (it was a commonly used steroidal anti inflammatory long before Covid),, and I decided to sedate her, so she got whacked with chloral hydrate. A nice nap.

She woke up from her Mickey alert, eating and drinking, so chances are good that all were unnecessary.

I'm still going to give her another shot of the antibiotic and steroid tomorrow.

Chloral Hydrate is available over the counter here,, for you lechers who enjoy a VERY compliant woman. As is almost everything else.

Looking for vitamins and iron to inject the piglets next week I found something called crecibol, an anabolic steroid that enhances weight gain.

There's also a product that provides vitamins, iron, and anti -parasito in one injection.

I'm going to try something different this time. I've been making a soup by adding hot water, or hot bean soup to a mix of rice flower, ground corn, and standard Purina or Real concentrado.

So the pigs get a hot soup and I save a lot of money.
    The pigs love it, they lick their bowl clean.

Rice flour is ground from the broken rice pieces they can't sell. I can get it as well as corn for less than 500 a quintal. Purina concentrado is over 800.

My idea is to try and get some extra weight gain by offering my soup to the chanchitos.

I'll post some pictures as soon as the internet speed picks up.

Blog Entries

I always get someone to do the killing, cut off the head, feet, clean out the guts, get it dressed. Then I cut or have them cut the prime parts I want for myself. Then it is off to the races, on the Island I usually have a good bit pre sold and by daybreak there is a line waiting to buy. I set my stuff in a cooler to mess with later, I set up a few buckets to throw into any small pieces I want as we are selling off the meat.

There is $$ in the chicharons and it is a science to get them right, anyone can get them cooked hard like a rock (and they will still easily sale like that) but to get them light and fluffy is an art, I wish I could master it. When you got perfect chicharon word gets out fast, I always have this guy that rides around on a bike selling come and get to sell on the road for me.

Other thing that is $$ is the lard, most the guys that hire out to kill will mess up the lard by frying the liver or heart or something, makes the lard into crap. I was getting a really high quality lard, some i held up to 6 months (in the Island heat) with no loss of quality.

Nicaragua is a huge producer of peanut oil, no idea where they do it, but they do it. Look into getting the "trash" for a livestock feed additive. On the Island we use the Coconut trash to feed animals. I have a good friend that is fairly large scale artisinal oil maker and he feeds his pigs almost exclusively coconut trash mixed with Purina Concentrado, they do well.

I read a lot of stuff from this 3rd World Agro NGO, ECHO out of Ft Myers, Fl. they send out frequent newsletters and have tons of research info. Other day came across an article talking about adding peanut to the diet of meat chickens and they were finding it very favorable for weight gain. Not sure how economical peanut would be, but there has to be lots of byproduct from the oil making.
    Last edited by cookshow; 05-20-2021 at 07:19 AM.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

I got a message from a neighbor the other day, Mr Kevin be ok I get some dem hairy mango when they start drop. Got a few OLD mangoes trees on back of my 2nd acre, they are a great flavored mango but you will be picking fibers from your teeth for days each 1 you eat. I keep a big bowl in fridge, bite into skin, suck out some juice and toss, the tree produces loads most yrs, a great hog feed.

Anyway, neighbor say she about to buy a pig, I told her she better first go down and see what feed costing, I tell her she soon run out of mango and by that time the pig be big and hungry, nothing worse than a screaming pig at 4am. Waiting to hear if she bought it, was a great price she had been offered, figure because no one buying due to feed costs.

I would feed my pigs a 5 gallon bucket of Avocado a day during the season, several buckets of Mangoes, would post the pics of FB, my States friends were in awe.
    Ernie K Doe

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast