Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2021 - Fresh crap...

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar

Default Re: 2021 - Fresh crap...

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post

The point is,, the vaccine is NOT effective.

The Vaccine IS effective, maybe not as effective as many would like, but if a shot, prevents me from going to a hospital bed, and even from dying, how is that not effective?
    bottom line is.... to the non vaxxer the vaccines will NEVER be ok, in their standards, they'll always have some B.S to say about it.

Well, how many people get a measles shot and get measles, polio? I got a lot of small pox vaccinations over the years,, never got small pox.

Óscar de la Hoya goes for a covid "vaccination" and winds up in the hospital.

And in fairness,, I DID say,, go for it,, aprovecharla. Im not anti vax

Let me ask,, if you were in Nicaragua would you get the Sputnik V vaccination?
    They offered it to me, but. . . Puts a different spin on it.

On a lighter note, has anyone seen tom lately?
    He's not in Turkey, is he?

https://youtu.be/foKR1hIvt1A

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Well, how many people get a measles shot and get measles, polio? I got a lot of small pox vaccinations over the years,, never got small pox.
    Well Polio is not deposited by virus ferries depositing it under the pillow as you sleep - There has to be an active outbreak - You (my assumption) would have have been growing up as there was an active outbreak, probably the tail end - Myself, 10 or 15 yrs later, there was no active infection in society at the time With that 15 or so years of vaccination program the infection in NA was pretty well eliminated.

MMR vaccines were perpetuated because there is a belief in some (the majority?) that preventable death is a good thing.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Let me ask,, if you were in Nicaragua would you get the Sputnik V vaccination?
    They offered it to me, but. . . Puts a different spin on it.
    IF it was my ONLY choice yes, but if I had the means of taking it in the states, I'd come down for one of the USA ones.

There is a ton of shit that isn't known, and probably won't be for a long while, about this virus. A lot stuff just doesn't make sense to me. Got word today that a good friends father died yesterday in MGA, 3 weeks after the 2nd dose of the vaccine. The friend that relayed the message is 4 weeks out of ICU in Managua, a month after getting the J&J vaccine. The numbers being bandied about regarding all the unvaccinated deaths and hospitalizations are skewed, world over. Why are they skewed? Because a lot of the people in the hospitals and or dying unvaxxed were told to not get the vaxes due to underlying conditions (this is from a Gringo Doc that I truly trust). And assuredly there are some just waylaid without the vaccines.

I don't have a firm opinion because I can't figure out "come here from sicc'em" on this deal. I can't help but believe that there is something in peoples immune systems that has a lot to do with how they are impacted by the virus. Things are just too random for me to believe otherwise.

All this shit with the masks and all the paranoia is just a bit absurd in my opinion, again note "my opinion". This is an airborne disease that has animal hosts, 40% of white tail deer sampled in Texas last hunting season had the virus antibodies. This virus will never be eradicated, just as no other virus with animal hosts has ever been.

It slays me that as a society, speaking about the US here, that school boards and panicked politicians wanna shut down schools and force masks, which really don't do much, yet they won't force people to step away from the desert bar at The Golden Corral or make them take their fat asses walking for an hour a day. What these lockdowns and shutdowns are doing to the youth of the United States is criminal.
    Goddam, as a species we are part of nature, we get eaten by sharks just like seals if don't watch our ass for God's sake. To think that we are immune and can dodge an airborne virus that is easily transmissible by locking away our kids, shutting our economies down, and altering the progress of the world is laughable. And the survival rate is still about 99.6%.

Blog Entries

So trying my hand at digital crypto farming like that video of the day I posted from Dave's Garage back in May - It is said it is best to "Seed the plots" on a PC (Small drive, 1 or 2 GB) and then "Farm the plot" on bigger drives and on a smaller PC

So in my case I will seed 3 plots (yes the photo shows 4, but I screwed that up and restarted with 3) and will then move it over to a Raspberry Pi to do the farming in a dark corner of the house.

If that works out well I may do a second Pi set up for another suite of plots and another Form.

The Pi is $100CDN and the drives worked out to another $150 - The faming of plots seems to be luck of the draw with some making Chia currency equal to their investment in weeks and others with nothing to show after 4 months of farming.

Any the cost of entry is low and I can just let it sit in the corner and chug away to see if I get a Chia coin that may be worth squirreling away.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

So the first 3 plots went out to "Farm" It took 4 days to plot and are now farming - The farming reports that it will take me 75 YEARS to yield a coin - But aparently the estimator is supposedly very incorrect until you have farmed 3 or 4 plots - So the first 3 plots are "farming" now and I have 3 new "plots" seeding..

My Dad has a black lab -Cooper is his name - Lovable dog but as dumb as a bag of hammers - Cooper loves to run up the ramp of the vets office. This time he ran up the ramp and Dad ended up face planting into the concrete - He woke up at the hospital with no memory of the face plant and the ambulance ride - No broken bones but a bunch of contusions and an apparent concussion - He really looked sore when we stopped by to see him today.

Only 3 Jamaicans are left at my Dads Greenhouse, they go back end of September.

I am ALMOST ready for send the truck (Galloper) to get the final safety for plates - It has been one little time delay after. The parts from Europe take a few days to get here. It will be nice to get parts easily and cheeply in Nicaragua - Last hiccup was a locked passenger caliper. Rebuild kit was 10 Euro from estonia - Ordered 2 kits and all in it was like 34 euros - Never rebuilt a caliper before - Amazingly simple and satisfyingly.

When I met Chilo, up till we started trailer park camping in 2008 , she always had to go to church - Even after the trailer from 2008 to 2010 we would typically go to services at least 50% 0f the time. After 2010 it fell off to almost no visits - Trailer season or not. The last couple weeks we are back. I am not particularly religious (OK , frankly there is not a religious bone in my body) but I go to make her happy. Nice to see some familiar, greying haired, wrinkly faces.

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    So the first 3 plots went out to "Farm" It took 4 days to plot and are now farming - The farming reports that it will take me 75 YEARS to yield a coin - But aparently the estimator is supposedly very incorrect until you have farmed 3 or 4 plots - So the first 3 plots are "farming" now and I have 3 new "plots" seeding..
    in Canada or Nicaragua?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    in Canada or Nicaragua?
    In Canada - This is not a "plant" - It is a new type of crypto currency, like bit coin.

This morning it actually reporting "73" years to mine a coin - I suspect that it will take me 10 to 11 months to win a coin in the end.

In Canada - This is not a "plant" - It is a new type of crypto currency, like bit coin.

This morning it actually reporting "73" years to mine a coin - I suspect that it will take me 10 to 11 months to win a coin in the end.
    so why would anyone invest in this?
    Did you hear about El Salvador, making Bit coin an official currency ?

Blog Entries

so why would anyone invest in this?
    It is purely speculative.

People who have one bitcoin from 12 yrs ago now have $40,000.

This new currency has no guarantee of yielding a large amount of returns, but is far easier to "Mine" - Mining of this coin is done by hard drive space, not by brute force math. So it is still reasonably possible you can mine a coin or two - Bitcoin has not been minable by regular people for over 8 years now, which is why the hucksters and scammers are jumping in on it.

There was "One" arrangement about 6 yrs ago that would have had some return. It was where you drop in $1000 blocks of money - Those would buy a part of $10,000 "Box" that would mine a coin or two a month. The deal was that once the box had mined a few coins (I think it was 3) You could pull your $1K out and then take more times 1K as coins were mined. In the end it returned 6X the input before the box could not keep up with the work to find new coins.

Right now these Chia coins are selling for $300ea - So if I actually get a coin in a year it will pay for what I have in it..

Blog Entries

This is the things the people go over the top on crypto currency forget - Crypto currency is too long to process for every day purchases. The last time I used a (part of) a coin was 2 yrs ago to pay for Internet TV (IPTV) service. Paypal dropped them so I had to pay with bitcoin - The transaction took over 5 min to complete.

Imagine you are trying to buy groceries and you have to maintain an awkward discussion with the cashier as your part of a coin takes 5 min to clear?

Funny thing is The $20 I put into Bitcoin 2 yrs ago, then spent $10 equiv and left that $10 remainder sit, is now apparently worth $70
    Last edited by bill_bly_ca; 09-13-2021 at 01:39 PM.

This is the things the people go over the top on crypto currency forget - Crypto currency is too long to process for every day purchases. The last time I used a (part of) a coin was 2 yrs ago to pay for Internet TV (IPTV) service. Paypal dropped them so I had to pay with bitcoin - The transaction took over 5 min to complete.

Imagine you are trying to buy groceries and you have to maintain an awkward discussion with the cashier as your part of a coin takes 5 min to clear?

Funny thing is The $20 I put into Bitcoin 2 yrs ago, then spent $10 equiv and left that $10 remainder sit, is now apparently worth $70
    there was a nice story where small merchants in El Salvador were using bit coin as payment option, a few of them made over $1,500 USD on their $200 USD initial Bit Coin investments,over 3 months span

Blog Entries

there was a nice story where small merchants in El Salvador were using bit coin as payment option, a few of them made over $1,500 USD on their $200 USD initial Bit Coin investments, over 3 months span
    To pay suppliers it makes some sense. Those transactions can take their sweet time to finish. The problem comes when suppliers have to pay their bills - If they have people who take bit coin they are set, or if they can find someone to make BitCoin into cash to pay bills.

My Chia is just because bit coin set the precedent, and I have the hardware and knowledge to do so, might as well just do it.

I am still not sure if it is bit<space> coin or bitcoin...

There was a SJDS coin miners club that was all over the group page 6 months ago, not a peep today - Bet you they all got butt hurt scammed...

There was a SJDS coin miners club that was all over the group page 6 months ago, not a peep today - Bet you they all got butt hurt scammed...
    most certain.
    good luck on your harvesting, buddy

Blog Entries

A box just populated with how many dollars I have earned ....

$0.000000020592

woohoo...

A box just populated with how many dollars I have earned ....

$0.000000020592

woohoo...

Rome wasn't built in a day.

But at that rate they would still be pouring cement for the aqueduct

Blog Entries

Zeroes and ones, or paper fiat currency, or gold & silver, if someone is willing to exchange real things for your "money" then it's not foolish (for you, at least ). But when the internet gets cut off, I'd rather have gold & silver.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    if someone is willing to exchange real things for your "money" then it's not foolish (for you, at least )..
    So true - If I can unload the 21st century version of tulips I will.

Blog Entries

Pop your tulip bubble and run like hell.

Blog Entries

My daughters sent me this one Re: Mantoulin Island Island - It is a google video that was processing when I put it there so it may take time to be ready.

Sept 30 is now an indigenous remembrance holiday. It is only given as a day off for federal workers. Both Jenny (Luis's wife) and Herminia (Chilo's Sister) thought it was a day off for everyone and I had to be the bad guy to tell them - They were not happy.

At the same time Jenny was looking for me to help with filling out her Grand Son's 2019 taxes. This grandson was unknown to Jenny (and her son Jimmy) until a few years ago when the mother (who returned to Nicaragua and had the child there) reveled the fact.

Chilo was explaining to Marta (her sister in Masaya) last night, by Whatsapp, all of our covid restrictions for dining and the like (Kicking in on the 22nd - Vaccine passports and the like.

Then started talking about the drive down in (hopefully) Dec - Marta in convince that we will die sometime between entering Tx and the exit of Honduras.

It was a 4 hour call. Long enough for me to screw up two Ubuntu installs to my Raspberry Pi 4 i It installed fine but then on the update it all turns into a quivering bowl of Jello - My guess is the update process throws the SD card out of memory - I think I will now try to bash my head on a USB disk base install of Ubuntu - This is all to mine those chia coins - I think I will just revive an old laptop from the basement and start there - My typical Laptop is becoming sluggish with all of this mining and need to farm out the farm to another computer.

but then on the update it all turns into a quivering bowl of Jello -

I just got that on a routine Windows Update. Are they trying to tell me something? I thought I lost the hard drive.

Some Kindle application was sucking all the memory and processor.
    I got it up enough to uninstall the application and about a dozen apps Microsoft slipped in on me.
    And a bunch of other crap that I never installed.

PEOPLE ?? was the name of one,, quite a few similar.

Anyway it's running better than before.

Blog Entries

So Chilo was talking to Marta again last night

Erik, husband of Marta's middle daughter - Not feeling well, fever, cough, aches and pains all over, and mild difficulty breathing - Sees Dr. - Dr. says "Obviously young man you have Kidney stones" - Sends him home with some pills. Thing that puzzles me is that Marta's middle daughter is a Dr, who used to work at militar <shrug>

Fernando, husband of Marta's youngest daughter - Has fever, the runs, no issues breathing though - He goes for check up at the Dr's office today.

All 3 siblings of Chilo in Nicaragua are jabbed up (Sputnik)

Our eldest Daughter got her fist shot yesterday She was holding out for no particular reason, just was - But now with the new access requirements she got the Moderna.

Finally down to the last steps of getting the Galloper on the road - Finish flushing the coolant - Gawd it was rank - Some differential and transmission oil change and off to the shop it goes to be certified for the road. Still have to tidy up some interior electrical bits, but mechanically it is set.

Unfortunately from all of the Covid news (from family, not the news sources) Chilo is getting pretty adamant that no trippy trippy until things cool down. But that may not even matter as the US border decision is on the 21st.

If the US border remains closed we have to put the trip off to Jan or Feb as I could not arrange my work to be covered on such short notice (e.g. if border is revised to Oct 21 I still cant bank on Oct 21, and if I tell them Oct 21 that I want 6 weeks off, in 6 weeks from now, they can't fill the gap. )
    Last edited by bill_bly_ca; 09-16-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Well today the first of my parents 6 grand kids gets married - A nephew, to his girlfriend of I guess the last 8 or so years - Since grade 9 or 10. Small ceremony, I made up some brisket for snacks between the wedding and the reception. About 65 people.

I am bringing some cameras, two for me and one for my Mom - Her's gave up the ghost about a year ago and I have a spare - She is also going to Banf and Jasper on a tour Monday so she can use it for that too. Our middle boy Will is going to watch her house while she is out for the week.

Got my Chia count down to 55Yrs after a few misteps. As you may recall there are 2 parts - Plots and farms - You craft a "plot" (about 101gb) and throw it out to "farm" (just big cavernous lumbering drives) - Well a few of the plots in parallel I did had some disk hiccups and were list - Apparently plots need continuous attention while farms can be interrupted. So I slot about 6 plots in process. I now am just doing one on my main laptop until my bits and bobs arrive.

The bits and bobs are 1) A SATA drive power supply - $10 of of ebay - This will run the external dedicated "plot" drive. 2) An cheapie $120 old PC

This will let me spool up 2 independent PCs (An old i3 laptop and an old Dual celeron desktop) - Each with an eSATA port - Debian and eSATA. I can toss some 7200rpm small drives I have laying around (1T and 2T respectively) off of these PCs to "Farm" and then I will take the 10TB of USB drives I have to hang off the raspberry pi and then grow that 10T as I plot more Chias - On USB 3 it takes a day to plot - On eSATA 7200 it _should_ take 4 hrs. Therefore I will be filling a 5TB external drive about every month.

Probably if I get 2 or 3 Chia coins (About a year) I will stop plotting new and just let the farm chug along.

We have our election Monday - There is a good chance pretty boy will loose which is nice. Our votes were cast by mail a week ago.

Got a sweet deal on 3D plotter filament on Amazon today, about $10US equiv each in a flash sale, kind of a muddy Orange, which could be why it was on sale, but for hidden parts who cares.

Blog Entries

Not every day do you loose 35 years

So this Chia states that "Finished plots are fully transportable between drives" The subtilty they don't tell you is that the harvester "farming" the "plots" picks up the plot file as soon as it appears in the farming directory - As the plots are 101gb it takes a long time to fully transfer - So as the file transfers the program finds the new plot file and starts working on it (before done) and calls it foul - The solution is to rename the new file before copy and then removing the rename e.g. rename from X.plot to x.plot_mv, then remove the _mv after the move is complete. Regardless - I went from 25 yrs for my first coin to 70 yrs - Anyways - Lesson learned - By nezt week I ahould be under 10 yrs and the week after the typical coin every 6 months to a year.

We had a mini funeral today - Youngest boy Genia pig passed away at 7 yrs of age - Pig came to us as my Daughters old boyfriend got rid of the pair - She cared for them for a while but after they broke up she did not want to care for them but could not toss them away, so Kevin pickup care of the 2 when he was 14 - One of the two died 3 yrs ago and the last this morning - Chilo was choked up as she was quite attached to the pig. Buried in a high quality Amazon Basics PC speaker box - Just how I would want to go if they protest of burying me in the land cruiser is too expensive.

Found out Yesterday that one cousin of mine in the netherlands , Irma, is a covid long hauler. She was infected late last spring and has still not recovered - I think she is 1 yr younger than I am (54 ) . Very healthy life style for her and her husband - Always biking and hiking before the shutdown.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast