Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid in the Family

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Covid in the Family

All political and conspiracy B.S aside, based on family and friends experience with this Covid virus, this shit ain't no joke.
    so far in Esteli, I've lost 2 family members, had a sister get covid TWICE, and have lost 4 high school friend.
    my sister got Covid in C.R over a year ago, she had very mild symptoms, over 3 months ago, she got Covid again, and this time, it nearly killed her, leaving her gasping for air.
    We will see,if the second time around, changes the minds of those,who don't give a shit, about "others" and spread this virus like wild fire, folks who refuse,not only the vaccine but also to wear mask,most of these morons have had the virus,and were probably a-symptomatic,somehow they think they are inmuned to getting really sick and even running the risk of dying.
    right now in Florida, we have 49% of the population running around, un vaccinated,and most not caring for mask, 1-5 infected nation wide, are in Florida.
    at this rate, we will have covid for a while, hell, maybe covid may thin out the anti vaccine herd.
    all I can say to those anti vaccine folks that die from covid is: "Let them die,let God sort "em out" after all, it was THEIR choice, the sad thing about it,is that they end up getting other innocent folks infected, if they would only be the ones that die from it, I'd be ok with it, I'd brutally say Fu$k "em.
    May God help us, seems we will have Covid for a while

Blog Entries

Default Re: Covid in the Family

You asked the other day why I would get vaccinated if I did not believe in it, I said travel, actually a few reasons, if I help 1 person than I did a good thing. I believe in the greater good, so I did it, even though I am not confident in it, maybe it works, I hope so.

Same reason I wear a mask, is out of respect to others.

This is what's fucked up in this World no one cares about others, we have become so polarized, we are morons.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    You asked the other day why I would get vaccinated if I did not believe in it, I said travel, actually a few reasons, if I help 1 person than I did a good thing. I believe in the greater good, so I did it, even though I am not confident in it, maybe it works, I hope so.
    good on You Kevin, you in fact did some good for others by getting vaccinated, it amazes me,how a simple act of wearing a mask to protect yourself and others,has become a B.S political issue,I DON'T believe in MANDATES, we as responsible citizens should do what is right,specially,if it means protecting the vulnerable to this desease,
    folks,don't give a shit,until a family member dies,to late then.

Blog Entries

The Mask deal is turning crazy.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

No humanity in this World, and is going to kill Nica when they can finally get up.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

No humanity in this World, and is going to kill Nica when they can finally get up.
    when the Delta variant hits Nica, it's gonna be desantraous, right now there's thousands on parades and hipicos, 99% don't know what a mask is, baseball stadiums FULL, soccer stadiums FULL, no distancing, Nicaragua as society as a whole is FAILING and miserably, getting them set up,for a devastating Delta variant outcome, IF infact, it is as infectious as they(scientists) say it is.
    I feel extremely sad for what this can mean for our Nica brotherings .

Blog Entries

This is what's fucked up in this World no one cares about others, we have become so polarized, we are morons.
    Yes Kevin, this pandemic,has brought the BEST and WORST out of our current society.
    Yet, some assholes turn it into a political circus,no respect for the dead and their families.

Blog Entries

We are not the smartest species, we really fucked this up and now is turning into a war. I am sick over it all especially for my friends and family in Nica. BUt what can you you....
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

We are not the smartest species, we really fucked this up and now is turning into a war. I am sick over it all especially for my friends and family in Nica. BUt what can you you....
    I feel the same way Kevin
    Today,Florida became the Epicenter of this new wave,and Yet we have an inept governor who says, he wants to see his kids smile,thus blocking ANY city mask mandate.
    seems like he rather see his kids and the rest of the vulnerable in the hospital,then to lose a smile, ain't much smiling while you are grasping for air, if most cases turn out,like my sister,those who got the virus,came out of it,and think they are invincible ,I TRULY HOPE, they get a nasty surprise,for being negligent.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

We are the richest people on earth (US, EU, Can, Aus, NZ, JP) and act like spoiled little brats lots of the time. We have a surplus of Vaccines that we can get at our whim and turn our noses to it while the ROTW goes begging...

My co-worker in Tokyo is one of the 5% in Japan as his wife does elder care. High school friend in NZ is staunchly Anti-Vax just as Delta takes a foot hold there.

Our Vax weekly rates in Ontario have fallen by half between 80% and the 90% end goal.

Surprisingly DOS and Rosario did not refuse the first 200,000 dosed from "Yanakie imperialismo" and will willing take what ever from whom ever. I do worry if Delta goes Nonlinear - Especially if it is late Sept beginning Oct as which may make the dynamic duo go full monty..
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    Today,Florida became the Epicenter of this new wave,and Yet we have an inept governor who says, he wants to see his kids smile,thus blocking ANY city mask mandate.
    seems like he rather see his kids and the rest of the vulnerable in the hospital,then to lose a smile, ain't much smiling while you are grasping for air, if most cases turn out,like my sister,those who got the virus,came out of it,and think they are invincible ,I TRULY HOPE, they get a nasty surprise,for being negligent.

Desantis has an impressive resume but he is is an idiot. I hope this ruins his career, dumbass.

He is killing Florida.
    Last edited by cookshow; 08-01-2021 at 04:05 PM.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Today,Florida became the Epicenter of this new wave,and Yet we have an inept governor who says, he wants to see his kids smile,thus blocking ANY city mask mandate.This is not true.
    Get your facts straight Felix....stop spreading hysterical, Democrat bullshit.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Republican / Democrat. Desantis is an idiot....
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Well, there you have it....I stand corrected. Gosh, you explained it all so well, Kevin. So succinct and well thought out.

Blog Entries

Could write you a book, was trying to give you the Cliff Notes.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    not true?
    do you live in Florida?
    are your kids going to school?
    oops sorry forgot about your age bud
    Our schools were going to MANDATE mask, and YOUR Retrumplican governor, blocked it,HOW is it NOT true?
    now this virus is a democrat lmfao

Blog Entries

borderline criminal, what else can you expect from a RETRUMPLICAN

Blog Entries

He is an impressive guy, amazing resume. Seems like he thinks he is a little Trump and can say or do anything, I like his resume, but he has turned into some sort of idiot that seems unfixable. He has got stupid, he is causing more problems than he is solving.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

not true?
    do you live in Florida?
    are your kids going to school?
    oops sorry forgot about your age bud
    Our schools were going to MANDATE mask, and YOUR Retrumplican governor, blocked it,HOW is it NOT true?
    now this virus is a democrat lmfao

The mandate leaves the decision up to the parents (where it belongs), not the school board which is completely in the hands of radical Democrats and you know it.....sorry, that was only an assumption that you would actually know something.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/flo...ol-2021-07-30/

"Florida Governor Ron DeSantis issued an executive order on Friday blocking mask mandates in the state's schools, saying parents had the right to decide if their children would wear face coverings.The move by DeSantis, a Republican who has opposed strict COVID-19 rules on residents and businesses, overrules a requirement by two Florida counties, Broward and Gadsen, that students cover their faces when they return to class next month."

If you want your kid to wear a mask, then send him to school with a mask.....lol, I guarantee you it will come off within 30 seconds of your departure.

And Kevin, please write your big book.....I promise to attend your first book signing.

Blog Entries

I respect DeSantis, esp, his decision re. covid control in the sunshine state, which goes hand in glove with the opinions of the world's leading virologists. I realize this isn't the proper forum for a fact-based discussion. The pandemic is a highly emotional political & medical event.

True, the delta variant is much more contagious. Please note both the vaccinated & unvaccinated are readily infected with it, but there is evidence that vaccinated folk produce higher titers in blood & sputum of the virus than the unvaccinated, raising the specter of ADE. But the delta variant is much less harmful, less deadly. And true, for those who are most at risk, being vaccinated is better protection than not - although there are alternative therapies that offer valid protection - and it continues to be the case that those most vulnerable should totally minimize their exposure. People forget that no AIDS vaccine was ever developed, but the HIV epidemic is being 'controlled' by alternative medicines, antiviral cocktails.

All attempts to create anti-SARS or anti-MERS vaccines failed. The reason the FDA did not approve these anti-Covid vaccines is because of insufficient time-trials to show whether or not the risk of ADE = Antibody-dependent Enhancement would occur.
    ADE occurs when the antibodies generated during an immune response recognize and bind to a pathogen, but they are unable to prevent infection. Instead, these antibodies act as a “Trojan horse,” allowing the pathogen to get into cells and exacerbate the immune response. On a few occasions ADE has resulted from vaccination:
    An early measles vaccine, dengue vaccine, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
    Should I be concerned that my child will develop ADE after receiving a vaccination?
    Today’s routinely recommended vaccines do not cause ADE. If they did, like those described above, they would be removed from use. Phase III clinical trials are designed to uncover frequent or severe side effects before a vaccine is approved for use. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
    https://www.chop.edu/centers-program...t-and-vaccines

Mob rule, mob think is no good. But it would seem that many Western gov'ts have back themselves into a corner on this. It's partly due to antiviral warfare calculations made on this export from Wuhan, China, along with our gov't's participation in the creation of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. But the group-think has been just as much skewed by mega-profits of Big Pharma that have their tentacles deep in gov'ts around the world.

The problem with masks is,, many believe that they are ineffective.

If the mask IS ineffective at stopping a virus many powers smaller than the weave of the cloth, then it's nothing but an attempt by politicians to control the narrative --- and us. A token,, a symbol, whistling as you walk through the Covid graveyard.
    The politicians take credit for doing SOMETHING.

And what about farting?

Does the mask work? An awful lot of people who caught Covid wore masks. During the Black Death people inhaled the vapors of latines. Did it help? Does a mask?
    Different strokes for different folks

Keeping a bit of distance is probably more effective.

Staying home certainly is an answer.
    There are many things that will improve your odds:

Staying healthy;

Addressing any posible Covid infección YA before it has time to move to your lungs;

Acquiring the necessary meds before you actually need them.
    Your doctor probably won't agree to prescribe Azith and dexamethazone until you are actually on the ventilator, gasping for breath.

That's NOT an accurate descripción of what happens. You don't gasp. You're sedated, and your lungs either get better,, and you eventually wake up somewhat worse for the wear,, or they don't , and you die.
    In any casé, once you go on that ventilator you've lost control of your destino.
    Say goodbye to Friends and family before.

They won't wake you up to say goodbye before you die.
    They could,, but they don't.

Good Helps Those Who Help Themselves.
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 08-01-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Blog Entries

All good advice KWP and I still keep the Az and Dex you sent in the frig.
    And yes, I have had both shots.

Blog Entries

All Fun and games until someone you know dies, then try laughing....
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post

Does the mask work? An awful lot of people who caught Covid wore masks. During the Black Death people inhaled the vapors of latines. Did it help? Does a mask?
    Different strokes for different folks
    The mask stops you to broadcast statistically less spittle that has the C-19 infection.

It does little if anything to stop you from inhaling it.

This echoes to Kevin's "No one gives a damn and just thinks about themselves" bit.

People who can not or will not accept this will just roll their eyes and just "con dios" (or other dismissive narrative) and just continue like they do. <shrug>

Canuckistan have had masks the entire time and have had a significantly lower rate of infection and ratio of transmission cycle to cycle.

We all have choices, and the tools, to leave this mess of a public health crisis - If we choose too...
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

All Fun and games until someone you know dies, then try laughing....
    Ahhhh shit Kevin....no one is laughing at anyone's death and you know it. Do you have something to say?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast