Thread: Google News, August 16, 2021

Blog Entries

Default Google News, August 16, 2021

Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ August 16, 2021
    NEWS
    Nicaragua arrests manager of critical newspaper, UK slams Ortega Reuters
    A delivery man shows La Prensa, Nicaragua's only print newspaper, which will no longer issue a print edition complaining that the administration of ...

Nicaragua editor detained in latest move seen to target president's critics - The Tico Times
    Full Coverage

Nicaragua's HR Office Urged “Not to Be Complicit” Havana Times
    President of the Central American Council of Human Rights Attorneys and Advocates calls on her Nicaraguan colleagues to respond to the regime's ...

Nicaragua accuses Costa Rica of 'interference in internal affairs' The Tico Times
    Handout picture released by the Nicaraguan Presidency showing Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega (R) listening (Photo by Cesar PEREZ / ...

Fleeing Nicaragua, Journalist & Daughter Seek Asylum… Havana Times
    …in the United States as they wait in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Nicaraguan journalist Marisol Balladares (r) and her daughter Gloria Elena. HAVANA ...

Allison Wassmer biography: 13 things about Miss Universe Nicaragua 2021 Conan Daily
    Allison Wassmer is an entrepreneur and beauty queen from Nicaragua. She speaks Spanish and English. Wassmer owns a business in Managua, ...

Nicaragua Arrests Manager of Critical Newspaper, UK Slams Ortega ... - Latest Tweet by Reuters LatestLY
    The latest Tweet by Reuters states, 'Nicaragua arrests manager of critical newspaper, UK slams Ortega ...' Team Latestly Aug 15, 2021 09:46 AM IST. A- ...

Nicaragua Police Arrest Manager of Newspaper Critical of President ... - Latest Tweet by Reuters LatestLY
    The latest Tweet by Reuters states, 'Nicaragua police arrest manager of newspaper critical of president ...' Socially Team Latestly| Aug 15, 2021 06:36 ...

EU imposes sanctions on eight more Nicaragua as presidential elections take shape Texas News Today
    Nicaraguan media reported on Monday that candidates from five political parties registered with the election authorities and participated in the race.

Nicaragua's upcoming elections “have lost all credibility” DodoFinance
    The United States has said Nicaragua's upcoming elections have “lost all credibility”, with presidential candidates continuously arrested and the main ...

Police raid Nicaragua paper that branded govt a 'dictatorship' Herald Sun
    La Prensa had been the only national independent daily newspaper remaining in circulation at a time when the Nicaraguan government is accused of ...

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Google News, August 16, 2021

This shit gets more nuts by the day.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

When they throw trade sanctions on him I can't see him smiling. Carlos Pellas sure going be sad. I cannot understand any of this, he has gone way rogue or has some plan? This shit has me baffled..
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    When they throw trade sanctions on him I can't see him smiling. Carlos Pellas sure going be sad. I cannot understand any of this, he has gone way rogue or has some plan? This shit has me baffled..
    Yeah it is pretty baffling. But if you think about things, nobody besides us and maybe a million or so other folks in the world really give a damm about Nicaragua. Nica just isn't relative to most anymore, not even in Central America. I would LOVE to see trade sanctions, it would make them step and fetch PDQ. But I don't think it will ever happen, the Free Zone's, about 45% US owned and 100% them shipping to US customers, would be devastated. Customers such as Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon and others would cry hit-dog-howl, when goods they are selling don't come. Sure, all that capacity can be replaced within about 90 days, if that, but it is still a PIA to do.

The harness place in Leon makes a shit ton of harnesses that are shipped to Mexico and some incorporated into vehicles in Mexico, which get components and raw materials from the US, and then those vehicles are shipped to the US. Some of the harnesses go into kits being sent to US assembly plants for US assembled vehicles. So that disruption would give a lot of folks the redass as well. I think the "give a shit" factor would be more towards hurting US interests than to rousting the Ortega mob. They will just let Nicaragua sit there and the natural course of events take their place.

Blog Entries

I have given up on guessing what's next.

As you say no one gives a shit about Nica. Let him Burn it Down.
    Last edited by cookshow; 08-16-2021 at 04:29 PM.
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    I have given up on guessing what's next.

Me too...

DOS rhetoric seems to reflect he believes an American imperialist is hiding behind every stone and Rosario is busily throwing anyone she sees as a threat behind bars until at least the election is "won"

Every step is not being met with resistance of substance inside or outside the country, so the steps get bolder.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

To what end?

What is his endgame here?

The country is cooking along without him.
    He's become an irrelevance.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    To what end?

What is his endgame here?

Well that is dead nuts simple - To preserve the revolution buy what ever means possible.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fairly early in the end game of living in the second poorest nation in the Americas I figured out:

1) I did not create Nic's problems.
    2) I cannot fix Nic's problems
    3) And neither can you.

Also, somewhere along the line of deprograming myself from the Equality Myth, I figured out that not all individuals, tribes, races, regions, and nations are destined to success.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.