Thread: The Mighty El Tigrito

Default The Mighty El Tigrito

We may have new family member, El Tigrito. Look at the size of the little guy's paws.

I'm supposed to pick him up tomorrow. I think that he is a bob cat, I've always wanted one.

It's kind of a compromise.
    I've always wanted a monkey too, but Shelley says,, NO WAY!

I want a good quality dog ,, a nice big German shepherd.
    We've always needed one,, but not being here 100% of the time, and seeing how the Nicas treat their dogs, we didn't want to leave a dog to a caretaker's tender mercy.

La Colonia sells on special meaty soup bones for ten cords a pound.
    We buy them for the pigs, they eat them bones and all,, love them. I can give the meaty bones to the dog,, let him knaw off the meat, then give the bones to Gaylord to crush in him massive maw. Plenty of good nutrition in the marrow.

The price of Purina pig chow is 900 cords + a quintal,, so the meat doesn't really cost any more.

My plan is to find a dog that needs some space to run,, from a shelter, drive him down.

The big question is,, how is Norman going to react to all of this ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 09-16-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Mighty El Tigrito

I choked at the cost of dog vitamins here, especially the senior specials, so I fried up an egg in butter for each dog one Sunday morning. Worked fine till the little woman asked where all the eggs went.
    Reminds me of the good ole days when she worked and I would go up to our casita in the mountains during the week, sleep 10 hours, and then make omelettes for me and the dogs.

A friend here had a monkey. He said when it was finally stolen that a tremendous calm returned to his life.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post

A friend here had a monkey. He said when it was finally stolen that a tremendous calm returned to his life.
    Chilo was traumatized by a family monkey (the literal, not figurative) in the late 70's, with bite scars to prove it - She wants nothing to do with them at all..
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

I suspect that this is true,, a monkey needs to be taken in very small doses,, like the monkey at the Airport-X in Managua,, feed it cookies when I stay there. It tried to steal my phone once, but it has never bit me.

A monkey is for sure a "be careful what you wish for" deal.

The bobcat might turn out the same way, especially if it starts hunting the neighbors' chickens.

They piss everywhere and it smells like rotten cat piss to the third power. They do not play well with most other animals, especially other cats. This all from being around a minutely amount domesticated one that an acquaintance had. Also, according to him they develop no affection towards humans, his whipped his ass a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by RGV AG View Post
    They piss everywhere and it smells like rotten cat piss to the third power. They do not play well with most other animals, especially other cats. This all from being around a minutely amount domesticated one that an acquaintance had. Also, according to him they develop no affection towards humans, his whipped his ass a few times.
    You may have just saved my marriage

Shelley had some experience with one , but it was older when the family took it on. She has been telling me the same thing. "They really stink and are nasty. "

When Shelley said, "If you want another diversion, find another Krisnia",,
    I knew i wasn't getting a Bobcat.

Actually, I have enough problems in my life. I'd hoped that this one would be young enough to domesticate. Lope along with me as I wandered around the farm, eat the lunch of all these ratty Nicaraguan dogs.

My expectations, as I have begun to realize, are often unrealistic.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I, too, have found that "reality is a fig Newton of my imagination".

I wake to the sound of birds eating my dog food, yet another sunny day in paradise.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Well,, you could be one of those people who buy quintales of bird feed. Tucson is full of them.

We used to feed birds until we found it attracted javelinas, a nasty wild pig that really stinks too .

The javelinas would thank me for the free food by rooting up my cable connection, disrupting TV and internet for a day or two.

They are protected, for some reason. Not endangered,, they are a real PIA.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Well,, you could be one of those people who buy quintales of bird feed. Tucson is full of them.

We used to feed birds until we found it attracted javelinas, a nasty wild pig that really stinks too .

The javelinas would thank me for the free food by rooting up my cable connection, disrupting TV and internet for a day or two.

They are protected, for some reason. Not endangered,, they are a real PIA.
    Actually they are peccary's and not swine or hogs. You should see what Javelinas can to a deer feeder or storage shed full of corn or other edibles. Talk about stinking and covered with fleas and such, my goodness. In South Texas and Mexico folks hunt them and typically make tamales out of them, taste like rotten wildebeest ass. A lot of the packs can be mean and rough, I know of several javelina attacks over the years. Had a buddy get treed in a deer blind by about 15 of them one time.

I haven't heard it in years, probably because I don't get out much anymore, but there used to be a popular bar song in Texas, south Texas in particular, titled "Lucy has a poosie like a javelina hog". It was always a crowd favorite.

Took some up north gringos hunting years ago and one of the dumb bastards shot two of them. I wouldn't get closer than 10 feet and told the idealistic dumb ass, he claimed to always eat what he killed, to knock himself out cleaning them. He ended up covered in flea bites, rank ass blood and his stench could have knocked a buzzard off the shit wagon. He broke his mantra that day.

https://stevexs.tripod.com/comedy/recb/bowwil.html

Someone was talking about having the dong on a 45 RPM récord.

Half the world or more probably doesn't know what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    https://stevexs.tripod.com/comedy/recb/bowwil.html

Someone was talking about having the dong on a 45 RPM récord.

Half the world or more probably doesn't know what that is.
    That is the tune, Bowley & Wilson were a popular fun time act back in the day. I caught part of their act circa 1988 or so at a bar in lower greenville in Dallas when that was a happening area. I had heard that song before that at a dance hall in Raymondville, Texas and some other bar bands also played it. The mid to late 80's were a fun time for spoof music. A real popular tune back then was "Texas Bitch" it actually got some radio play time.