Thread: Please explain tome....

Blog Entries

Default Please explain tome....

Why our (US) strategic oil reserves are being sold to China and India?

I feel like I woke up on another planet in another time / place.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Please explain tome....

China & India are "developing" nations, so they can fart all the greenhouse gases they want. We're going "green" on our build back broke deal, so be sure your e-car's body is made with solar panels from China and only drive on sunny days. Some newer model cars may include sails, but remember there's no tacking in the city, and plan your return trip to be windward.

Seriously, the Brandon gambit backfired: the stock market bid up the price of oil, instead of price/demand going down with the added supply from the US reserves.

Not a strategic move.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Why our (US) strategic oil reserves are being sold to China and India?

I feel like I woke up on another planet in another time / place.

There was NO gas this morning at the Circle K stations in Tucson,, a major chain. I needed gas this morning, no cigar. I've been only buying ten gallons at a time hoping prices will drop.

What will happen now,, is everyone will fill up their tank (and a couple of jerry cans), so "no gas" will be a self fulfilling prophecy. I was in San Francisco in 73,, remember the hours long lines, and the disappointment of sitting in line for two hours only for the station to run out of gas.

I was working for someone else, had a company car, so it was no skin lost for me.
    I filled their car up on their time.

Like the supply chain thing now,, things started to go to shit very quickly when trucks couldn't get fuel.
    People (like me took a day off,, claiming that they couldn't find gas.

Stations refused to fill jerry cans,, purchases were limited, but people were adamant about keeping their tanks filled.
    SF then as now was a communter town,, it filled up during the day, by four PM the bridges were full with workers who lived to the south, north,, and east.
    This was way before BART. There were buses, and ferries still,, but most people drove.

Some parts of the country,, far away from refineries, like rural Oregon,, simply had no gas.
    Why haul gas to Oregon when you could sell all you had in California ??

Let's Go, Brandon!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Gas dropped 20 cents a gallon here overnight, filled up.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

We are typically $1.409 to $1.499 / L

That is about $4.48 > $4.80 / Gal / US for 87

Filled up last night to $1.359 (Score)

We have price spikes here mid Oct to Mid Nov and then Mid April to early May as the blends change from Winter to summer and refineries go down in sequence which restricts supply and gooses the price.

We all expect $1.50 before the new year - Hey you have to pay for "Free" healthcare somehow.

On the reserve bit - Has not almost of all of the US reserve been domestically produced oil banked in the late '00s to mid '10's when oil was sub $50 a Barrel ? Unloading a bit of to the world at 2 to 3X the price for when it was banked sounds like a good ROI..
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=bill_bly_ca;

On the reserve bit - Has not almost of all of the US reserve been domestically produced oil banked in the late '00s to mid '10's when oil was sub $50 a Barrel ? Unloading a bit of to the world at 2 to 3X the price for when it was banked sounds like a good ROI..[/QUOTE]

I would agree if the goal was profit.....kinda seems like the goal was a "Strategic Oil Reserve" which (silly me) kinda sounded like oil reserves for emergencies.....reserves....get it....like money in a sock under the mattress.....rainy day kinda stuff.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Meanwhile in Canada

Quebec to release half its maple syrup strategic reserve over global shortage

MONTREAL
    THE CANADIAN PRESS
    PUBLISHED YESTERDAY

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...e-over-global/
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ahh, fond memories of having to hole up in my car until midnight on that Chevron station on the Cajon Pass waiting for my license' odd/even status to allow me to buy gas. Though the pass was "rural", I thought wrong, the govmint said it was part of the metropolitan area.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Ahh, fond memories of having to hole up in my car until midnight on that Chevron station on the Cajon Pass waiting for my license' odd/even status to allow me to buy gas. Though the pass was "rural", I thought wrong, the govmint said it was part of the metropolitan area.

Easier just to go to a junk yard, buy a set of plates, four cheap-o magnets, and just stick odd on top of even - - - BEFORE you got in line of course. Take them off after you finished filling up.

On the reserve bit - Has not almost of all of the US reserve been domestically produced oil banked in the late '00s to mid '10's when oil was sub $50 a Barrel ? Unloading a bit of to the world at 2 to 3X the price for when it was banked sounds like a good ROI..[/QUOTE]

Depends on what they do with the money.
    Bank it and buy more oil when the price falls?

Naah, they'll use it to bail out looters, or for some other social justice,, equity, feel good, inodorro flush.