Thread: Google News, December 2, 2021

Blog Entries

Default Google News, December 2, 2021

Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ December 2, 2021
    NEWS
    "I Feel Imprisoned in Nicaragua," says HR Defender Vilma Nuñez - Havana Times Havana Times
    “I honestly, feel imprisoned within Nicaragua, but I will not help the government have the pleasure of silencing this voice that still remains within ...

Exile, impunity, and covering Nicaragua's environmental crisis - Columbia Journalism Review Columbia Journalism Review
    IN JUNE, OUR TEAM at the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) hired Cristopher Mendoza, a gregarious Nicaraguan journalist ...

Five days of psychological torture: the kidnapping of Nicaraguan migrant Ana Gabriela - Confidencial Confidencial
    The released Nicaraguan political prisoner was taken hostage by a cartel in Mexico. After being freed, she managed to reach the US where she's ...

The Kidnapping of Nicaraguan Exile Ana Gabriela - Havana Times Havana Times
    The former Nicaraguan political prisoner was taken hostage by a cartel in Mexico. After being freed, she managed to reach the US where she's ...

New digests: "nicaraguan legal digests law on municipal matters, and the nicaraguan ... - Lexology Lexology
    On October 13 of this year, the Nicaraguan legislature, continuing its effort to present a more organized regulatory framework, published Law No…

Quake info: Weak mag. 2.9 earthquake - North Pacific Ocean, 92 km southwest of ... Volcano Discovery
    2.9 earthquake - North Pacific Ocean, 92 km southwest of Chinandega, Nicaragua, on Wednesday, Dec 1, 2021 3:36 am (GMT -6) - 11 hours ago.

Nicaragua's elections: Neither free nor fair | Diálogo Americas Diálogo Americas
    Lesbia Alfaro, mother of student leader Lester Aleman, who was arrested for participating in protests against Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega's ...

North Pacific Ocean, 96 km west of Chinandega, Nicaragua, on Wednesday, Dec 1, 2021 1 ... Volcano Discovery
    Weak mag. 3.0 earthquake - North Pacific Ocean, 96 km west of Chinandega, Nicaragua, on Wednesday, Dec 1, 2021 1:01 pm (GMT -6) ...

Commentary of the opening of CABEI headquarters in Managua - Amico Hoops Amico Hoops
    “Some of us wanted to mention the inconvenience of Nicaragua's state of democratic exception, but some countries requested consultations to support ...

U-M study: Natural COVID infections provide protection against reinfection, two variants ClickOnDetroit
    For the study, researchers examined cases in a community setting in Nicaragua and found that antibodies acquired through natural infection ...

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Google News, December 2, 2021

Are there any US airlines flying in/out of MGA yet?
    Is there a lab in Managua offering the rapid/cheap Covid antigen test?

As read by J.B. (U.S. corpus presidential) from the teleprompter yesterday, written by the powers that be: “I'm announcing today that all inbound international travelers must test within one day of departure, regardless of their vaccination status or nationality. This tighter testing timetable provides an added degree of protection as scientists continue to study the Omicron variant.”

Tucker Carlson: "So if you come into this country illegally from a foreign country with no skills, no money, no papers and immediately go on federal aid for everything, you are not required - really - to participate in Covid law. You certainly don't need to be vax’d. You get a pass, whatever you want. More than a million people have done that in the last year. But if you're an American citizen Joe Biden's very mad at you because you're one of the people who doesn't like him anymore, that's why he's polling" (so poorly).

At the same press briefing Joe Biden joked, “I've seen more of Dr Fauci than I have my wife. We kid each other: look who's president Fauci? But all kidding aside, I sincerely mean it.”

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

https://www.eaai.com.ni/en/internationals

yes, the 24 hr rule is going to make travel 1 notch more stressful. Good science, but PITA. It will probably require an overnight stay in CR or an afternoon flight which is a real pain if one is going to the western US. Also, the lab I used in CR for the quick test is not open on Sundays. Maybe the airport one is.

Lotta catch 22s-what if you have a cold with obvious symptoms the day of your flight?

Within a couple weeks they should have enough info out of S. Africa to make educated decisions but that is not really CDC's cup of tea.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

It was already reported in Belgum in July - You can be sure it is free floating in all western societies as of now.

The good thing is that in all (Canadian) cases they have all been asymptomatic - Because they were vaxed (Correlation or Causation who knows , no, no PUN intended there)

Just like Delta, 1) it takes time to modify the countries test schema to look for the new variant 2) it takes time to go back over data of the last "X" months of tests to see if it was manifest in those results as well.

I bet it will be found to have more virality (As delta was to Alpha) , but with a lower hospital admission rate because of the Vaccine. And the unvaccinated now have the Merc pill should they be an unlucky contestant.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

The logic about the border and Covid is truly astounding and is only a hint of how well our government works and the decisions it makes.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Tucker Carlson: "So if you come into this country illegally from a foreign country with no skills, no money, no papers and immediately go on federal aid for everything, you are not required - really - to participate in Covid law. You certainly don't need to be vax’d. You get a pass, whatever you want. More than a million people have done that in the last year. But if you're an American citizen Joe Biden's very mad at you because you're one of the people who doesn't like him anymore, that's why he's polling" (so poorly).

Misinformation is misinformation no matter where it comes from.
    Tucker is an entertainer who plays to a particular choir.
    I miss Bill O'Reilly.

Depending on what part of the country you land in, a migrant gets from zero to quite a bit of support.

Arizona and California are night and day, for example. And common federal programs like SNAP are not open to migrants.

So, funny story:
    Ariana calls me and asks if I can give her a ride to the food bank. I'd never been to a food bank.
    Ariana drives a Cadillac Escalade, thinks it might send the wrong impression.

She says,, "We have to get there early,, people drive all the way from Nogales.
    Bring something like an envelope with your name and address on it"

So, we load up Camila and head down, Indeed, the line is about two miles long, but it moves fast.
    They are incredibly well organized.
    They break the line into three sub lines in order to note your ID and the fact that you live in Tucson, based on something with an address
    This is,, after all, the Tucson Community Food Bank

You then proceed to the loading area, pop your trunk, and move down through three stations where they load you up.

I made some idle conversation with the guy taking down info:
    "How often can you do this?"
    "Well, it's supposed to be once a month but we have more food than we can give away"
    https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...iIQoip6BAhTEAM

"Could I sign you up for the Senior Box? There is a short waiting list . . . . ."

As we got to the final station,, a lady sticks her head in the passenger window and asks, " the trunk is full,, can we put some of it in the passenger seat?"
    Ariana is in the back seat with Camila and her car seat.

A lot of it is USDA price support stuff, lots of milk, butter, cheese, but big bags of roasted almonds, dates, ten pound bags of chicken.
    Everything is pristine,

The fun comes later with the horsetrading. I take the almonds, dates, cheese, butter, some Malt-O-Meal Cheerios lookalike , the Starkist tuna,
    They gave us six gallons of milk,, and 8 dozen eggs. Ariana wants the veggies; there were no fruits this time.
    Ariana got twenty pounds of chicken, I only got ten.

What am I going to do with all this cheese and butter ???

Attached Images Attached Images