Thread: Google News, July 19, 2022

Blog Entries

Default Google News, July 19, 2022

Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ July 19, 2022
    NEWS
    Nicaragua: Government Dismantles Civil Society - Human Rights Watch Human Rights Watch
    Nicaraguan authorities have closed hundreds of nongovernmental organizations, applying highly restrictive legislation that undermines freedom of ...

Parishioners protest arrest of second priest in two months in Nicaragua Catholic News Service
    Catholics in Nicaragua are calling for the release of two priests detained over the last two months as a campaign of arbitrary arrests and church ...

Parishioners protest arrest of second priest in two months in Nicaragua - Crux Now Crux Now
    Catholics in Nicaragua are calling for the release of two priests detained over the past two months as a campaign of arbitrary arrests and church ...

The Bishop of Matagalpa invites a "Crusade of prayer for our Church, our priests ... - Agenzia Fides Agenzia Fides
    AMERICA/NICARAGUA - The Bishop of Matagalpa invites a "Crusade of prayer for our Church, our priests, our beloved Nicaragua".

St Vincent's PM visits Nicaragua, Venezuela | Loop Caribbean News Loop Caribbean News - Loop News
    Prime Minister of St Vincent and the Grenadines, Dr Ralph Gonsalves and a delegation are in Nicaragua on an official mission to the Central ...

Biden Urged To Extend Deportation Shelter For Nicaraguans - Law360 Law360
    A group of mostly Democratic lawmakers in Florida urged the Biden administration to extend temporary deportation protections for Nicaraguans, ...

Nicaragua launches rural water system tenders - BNamericas BNamericas
    Nicaragua's government launched four tenders for building and rehabilitating water systems under its water and sewage sustainability program to ...

Florida Congressional Reps Call for Biden Administration to Offer TPS for Nicaraguans Florida Daily
    Alejandro Mayorkas “calling upon the Department to redesignate and extend Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for Nicaraguans fleeing the oppressive ...

ALBA-TCP condemns US sanctions against Nicaraguan officials - Últimas Noticias Últimas Noticias
    The Alliance accused the US of trying to alter the political and social stability of Nicaragua.

Government Dismantles Civil Society in Nicaragua - Mirage News Mirage News
    Nicaraguan authorities have closed hundreds of nongovernmental organizations, applying highly restrictive legislation that undermines freedom of.

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Google News, July 19, 2022

On this date in 1979, some people did something.

Blog Entries

Sandi's took over.

Do I win something?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

You win a piece of Little Corn Island, congratulations!

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Was that a special day for Rosario?

#1 song that week...

==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

A great caravan snakes all thru Leon making extra loud music in great sing-a-longs. It's festive. Their happiness is contagious.

I confess I've come to admire Daniel & la Chaya, i.e., what their government has accomplished in Managua & Nicaraguan generally, these past 16 years. Saturday nite, on our son's birthday, we spent several hours in Parque Luis Alfonso Velásquez in central Managua. Everyone loved it! FSLN's answer to Disney or Universal &c., but all free, except for the mechanized kiddie rides in one corner (10 cords per). A family fun mecca, capacity 60,000 persons I've never seen anything else like it in all my travels.

Dictatorship. Yes, but since the rise of the many mini-dictators in the West with & after the faux covid pandemic, what's with the fucking pretence that these continue to be representative? As our zombie-king and our unelected, woke gov't succeed in digging a hole in America direct to China by way of Ukraine & Davos, I see little Nicaragua as relatively laid-back. Honestly it seems they cut a better deal when selling their country's soul to the devils we all face. Better for Nicas
    The Great Reset, "You'll have nothing AND you'll be happy." - Klaus Schwab, W.E.F. __"First abolish private property," Marx & Engels

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    A great caravan snakes all thru Leon making extra loud music in great sing-a-longs. It's festive. Their happiness is contagious.

I confess I've come to admire Daniel & la Chaya, i.e., what their government has accomplished in Managua & Nicaraguan generally, these past 16 years. Saturday nite, on our son's birthday, we spent several hours in Parque Luis Alfonso Velásquez in central Managua. Everyone loved it! FSLN's answer to Disney or Universal &c., but all free, except for the mechanized kiddie rides in one corner (10 cords per). A family fun mecca, capacity 60,000 persons I've never seen anything else like it in all my travels.

Dictatorship. Yes, but since the rise of the many mini-dictators in the West with & after the faux covid pandemic, what's with the fucking pretence that these continue to be representative? As our zombie-king and our unelected, woke gov't succeed in digging a hole in America direct to China by way of Ukraine & Davos, I see little Nicaragua as relatively laid-back. Honestly it seems they cut a better deal when selling their country's soul to the devils we all face. Better for Nicas

The Sandi Truck came by us today too.
    Don't know if it was handing out piglets and chickens like the good old days.
    Edgar says yes.
    I offered him the day off but we pay double for holidays, so he worked.
    He's trying to tell me it's a two day holiday,,, everyone is off tomorrow too ???

But plenty of loud music and lots of drunks,,
    peering through my gate up on the road.

"I see little Nicaragua as relatively laid-back."

Yes,, despite the minor annoyance from time to time,,
    it's a better place to live I believe than the US,, especially for a retiree.

And an excellent place to hide out for WW III.

Dia de La Revolucion

Blog Entries

La Chaya cut into Tucker explaining why America's southern border is wide open and the unelected gov't is paying some Soros group mollions to help place them all. So I listened to her. She enunciates well, but goes on & on. Introducing dozens of attendees, mostly latinos with several from Iran, she presented a Chinese couple, then a couple of Russians, and then an American, Brian Wilson & wife. Not the flipped-out Beach Boy. https://www.tn8.tv/politica/516976-b...dad-nicaragua/
    He spoke at length, in English - a semi-anti-American harangue. Few listened. A tepid applause.

And an excellent place to hide out for WW III.
    No question Pirate, you & Shelly have the most comfortable, well-equipped, expat foxhole in Nicaragua. But hide? Your number's on the top of their list, friend..

No question Pirate, you & Shelly have the most comfortable, well-equipped, expat foxhole in Nicaragua.
    But hide? Your number's on the top of their list, friend..

The question is, which list ? I'm probably on several.
    Do I need to start flying the FSLN flag at my gate ?

and then an American, Brian Wilson & wife. Not the flipped-out Beach Boy

Is that who this is (pic) ?
    I have a clip of him dancing with Daniel and Rosario

I didn't watch it all,, but caught the end of it.
    I tuned in shortly before Daniel started on the history of Nicaragua at length.
    With particular emphasis on the yanqui part of it.
    He looks rough. Steroids?

Channel 2 on SKY seems to be the official NIca channel.

But there was no pre-emption of Sky by Telcor

She enunciates well, but goes on & on.

Yes, I can understand her so much better than him.
    But,, they both go on a bit.

Where was Laureano and Juancito? Did I just miss them ?

Camila was there. She's put on a bit of weight.

All in all,, it looked like a lot of fun
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post

what's with the fucking pretence

Pretence is important to keep the sheep docile and happy.
    And the NGO's were doing a lot of good,, most of them,, and not all of them were taking money from the NED

Daniel had the country in his hand before he went down this strange road.
    The question everyone asks is,,,

why ?

Blog Entries

1st and foremost, I would advise anyone on this site not to mock the king or queen. That said, I don't give a shit.

Unlike most Dictators, Daniel ain't going to leave his kingdom, no matter what. Daniel is a Campesino (a boy from the country), somewhere in his pedophile, friend fucking, and near illetate mind, he thinks he owns Nicaragua.

He has made a revolution impossible by running all fighting (and working) age males from the Country, now they prop up the economy with remittance. Old Ladies and Children are not a threat. Sure RVG can provide better #'s. Nicas at the border up over 600% from last year, working (and fighting) age males hauling ass.

Unfortunately for Nicaragua there is no competant opposition. Indians had gained steam, Brooklyn Rivera (Big Chief) sold them out. The deaths of Indios in the RAAN is hush hush, is bad shit.

Often speak of agent 99, a true friend of the Indians, the day I told her Big Chief had sold out,,,,,, she called me every name in the book, day later she asked if we could talk.

Not going to be a Gringo Paradise for long... Watch and see.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post

Not going to be a Gringo Paradise for long... Watch and see.

I fear you are right -

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    I fear you are right -
    It's so hard to know what is going on.
    Here, and in the US.
    And the average Nica takes little interest in la política.

And for good reason.
    Why waste the mental energy on something you can't change?

Blog Entries

"Avg Nica", is that 600% increase at the border, blindness is what the regime loves, you will do will do well, until you don't.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

When all the smart Nicas you know are leaving the Country, what makes makes you think things will be good for you?
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

It is clear from simple observation

Past - 5 yr Cedula renewal - Now 6 month "Validations"

Past - Almost any one could enter Now Anyone with 5,000 foot status in the world affairs, and the wrong opinion, is refused.

Past - Confiscations were rare and had at least the roose of rule of law - Now any NGO that is blacklisted is instantaneously nationalized of assets.

Past - Entry of goods was difficult but could be done with negotiation. Now Goods are taxed and regulated to a point, that it is "almost" pointless.

Hard to guess what is next.

"Avg Nica", is that 600% increase at the border, blindness is what the regime loves, you will do will do well, until you don't"

Two Nicas who used to work for me went mojado to the US.
    One is working construction,, the other is working at a restaurant in SF

Neither had any political reason for leaving,, but both make in an hour more than I was paying in a day.
    Lisseth pays $800 for a minimal accommodation in SF, but probably gets her meals at the restaurant.

Both say "Five Years" , saving their money to start a business when they return.
    Already I see changes in the Merlo family here,, a new chain saw.

Their coyote is from this area,, does a bus full at a time for $5K /head and is wealthy.
    A nice guy. Has a good reputation.
    He is investing HIS money here.

I just don't see the future downside in Nicaragua that some do.
    The country has always had potential, and lots of ups and downs.

Past - 5 yr Cedula renewal - Now 6 month "Validations"

Yes,, this is a strange one.
    You get the residency for 5 years but have to show up every six months for a new card.

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    He has made a revolution impossible by running all fighting (and working) age males from the Country, now they prop up the economy with remittance. Old Ladies and Children are not a threat. Sure RVG can provide better #'s. Nicas at the border up over 600% from last year, working (and fighting) age males hauling ass.
    I am very close to two upper end Border Patrol supervisors/administrators, our daughters play softball together. We communicate daily on a group chat for softball. My daughters batting coach is a long time BP agent, I call his hitting lessons "bitch about the border patrol hitting service", because all he does is bitch about it. My daughters closest team mate on her HS team, who rightfully earned a D1 scholarship for softball, has a dad who is a BP agent as well. So I get all kinds of info and gossip and such from BP agents who know me well.

It has been astounding the number of Nica's that are crossing now. Compared to like 3 years ago the increase is like 600% or something, used to be in the Rio Grande Valley sector there might be 200 to 300 a year or some really low number like that. Now it is in the upper hundreds every week. And that is the ones that are caught/turn themselves in, supposedly quite a few try the old school illegal entry (skirting the BP 100%) because they lack documentation and ID to truly qualify for asylum.

This immigration deal is gonna change the complexity and face of Central America. One of the things it is gonna do is make everything in those countries more expensive because the easy dollars, easy to get and easy to spend, will continue to flow and the supply of labor is gonna decrease. Lotta people will quit working as they will make more on easy dollars. Much like large swaths of Mexico.