Thread: Google News, September 25, 2022

Blog Entries

Default Google News, September 25, 2022

Nicaragua Daily update ⋅ September 25, 2022
    NEWS
    Nicaragua removes signal of CNN en Español channel | Al Mayadeen English Al Mayadeen English
    "The Nicaraguan government pulled our television signal, denying Nicaraguans news and information from our network, which they have trusted for more ...

CNN signal pulled in Nicaragua amid crackdown on media - The Desk The Desk
    CNN en Español's signal was pulled from cable and satellite in Nicaragua amid a press crackdown by government officials.

Repression in Nicaragua Decried at the UN Headquarters - Havana Times Havana Times
    Nicaraguans in exile and members of different Nicaraguan diasporas that have formed in the United States participated in the sit-in.

Iran, Nicaragua FMs emphasize developing economic ties - Mehr News Agency Mehr News Agency
    TEHRAN, Sep. 24 (MNA) – Iranian and Nicaraguan foreign ministers exchanged views on the expansion of bilateral relations especially in the field ...

Sword of Damocles Hangs Permanently Over Shuttered NGO's - Havana Times Havana Times
    Exiled Nicaraguans and members of the different Nicaraguan diasporas that have formed in the United States participated in the sit-in, who, carrying ...

When is the game between Nicaragua and Ghana and how can I watch? | Goal.com Kenya Goal.com
    Ghana would be hoping to put their preparations for the 2022 Fifa World Cup back on track against Nicaragua. The Black Stars were silenced 3-0 by ...

US Ambassador Claims Nicaraguan Roots Of Jill Biden's Secretary - World Nation News World Nation News
    Managua, Sept 24 United States Ambassador to Nicaragua Kevin Sullivan claimed this Saturday of Nicaraguan descent, communicator Vanessa Valdivia, ...

Iran, Nicaragua FMs discuss expansion of economic relations - IRNA English IRNA English
    New York, IRNA – Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian and his Nicaraguan counterpart Denis Moncada Colindres, in a meeting in New York ...

Black Stars leave for Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly - GHANAsoccernet GHANAsoccernet
    The four times African champions will face Nicaragua in their second friendly of the international break on Tuesday as coach Otto Addo continues ...

Black Stars to head to Spain on Sunday for Nicaragua friendly - Modern Ghana Modern Ghana
    The Black Stars of Ghana will depart France for Spain on Sunday for their second international friendly against Nicaragua.

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Default Re: Google News, September 25, 2022

https://english.almayadeen.net/news/...3%B1ol-channel

Who watches CNN anyway ?

Shelley gets Fox News via Sky satellite

Blog Entries

Finally a FSLN move I support, except for what it will undoubtedly be replaced with,

Tom, how’s the hurricane treating you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Finally a FSLN move I support, except for what it will undoubtedly be replaced with,

Tom, how’s the hurricane treating you?
    Like a baby treats a diaper, John. My biggest regret is that my flight to Ohio for my 60th HS re-union was canceled and I will miss the whole thing.

The power went out 4 times for a total of 10 seconds. Generator works. Frig and freezer is full. Plenty of wine. Solar panels are in the stowed position. Utilities are underground and stable. Phones include hard wired, internet, and cell....all functioning.

My brother lives nearby and on the water. He packed up and went to Orlando where it hit him there. His house is fine. We haven't had but 1-2 inches of rain so far. We are 30 miles north of Tampa and 1/2 mile from the gulf.

This ain't my first rodeo ya know.

How are you faring?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sadly, they are not the only ones. Youtube cancelled RT, but it is available on online. Tell shelley to move over to Newsmax from Fox, they new fake conservative news channel!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    https://english.almayadeen.net/news/...3%B1ol-channel

Who watches CNN anyway ?

Shelley gets Fox News via Sky satellite

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Like a baby treats a diaper, John. My biggest regret is that my flight to Ohio for my 60th HS re-union was canceled and I will miss the whole thing.

The power went out 4 times for a total of 10 seconds. Generator works. Frig and freezer is full. Plenty of wine. Solar panels are in the stowed position. Utilities are underground and stable. Phones include hard wired, internet, and cell....all functioning.

My brother lives nearby and on the water. He packed up and went to Orlando where it hit him there. His house is fine. We haven't had but 1-2 inches of rain so far. We are 30 miles north of Tampa and 1/2 mile from the gulf.

This ain't my first rodeo ya know.

How are you faring?

A hurricane is the ultimate fickle finger of fate!

This is where you really DON'T want to be the owner of a big boat

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Sadly, they are not the only ones. Youtube cancelled RT, but it is available on online. Tell shelley to move over to Newsmax from Fox, they new fake conservative news channel!

She's got some other channel,, an arts and entertainment channel she watches.
    And there is a ton of music channels.

She's at the airport in Liberia,, found some Hotel/Hostal with her own small room for $32 / night.
    Pretty nice,, lots of common area, kitchen,, everything new and spotless, complete with a couple of girls in hammocks on an airy balcony.

I'll post pictures and the name of the place. The border at Peñas Blancas was hassle free,, but an hour getting out,, and 15 Minutes to get into CR.
    Central Line took her all the way to Liberia from Managua.

I'll get a bus price,, this might be a short term solution to the high ticket prices to MGA

From Shelley:

It's Casa Colonia Real. It's somewhere between hotel/hostel
    You check in, they show you around, let you choose your room, give you keys to room and gates. They can arrange tours, pack trips, zip line etc. Many European backpackers ... kind of a bohemian mix. Continental breakfast, good coffee, really nice people who run it

Liberia,, Costa Rica,, $32 /night
    Attached Images Attached Images

So,, one last update on the Liberia connection.
    Palmerola would have been closer,, but logistically much more difficult.

The flight from Liberia was overbooked, probably due to the hurricane.
    After a sufficient number of passengers agreed to take vouchers and a few disembarked, the plane took off an hour late.
    Unfortunately, that hour cost Shelley her Dallas connection directly to Tucson, so she would up going through Phoenix.

The net result was only about two hours later arriving in Tucson,, and wonders of wonders,, AA gave her a free hotel room.
    She had to spend the night in Dallas anyway,, but wasn't planning on a hotel.

Thank you IAN !!