Thread: Cheap Fares

Blog Entries

Default Cheap Fares

Spirit Air has shook things up flying South Florida to Managua. Last night I booked a r/t FLL-MGA for tomorrow for $167 on Spirit. I booked aticket for a friend the other day on American $241 r/t MGA-MIA. The ticket to Corn Island is the same as my flight to Managua.

Last month I had to take a one way on Spirit to get home, the flight was cancelled & had to wait 2 days, may be more of a pain in the ass than it is worth. The hours of arrival & departure are a nightmare, but the price is worth a little hassle. Up until this yr I was paying an average of $400 with plenty of advance notice. You would see as low as $325, but around the holidays it was always $450+.

Competition is good.

Just bought my christmas tickets, this time of year always runs a few hundred more from the Philly area for me, I am giving Delta a try this time and they were about $200 under the competition at $650 roundtrip.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Come on young Feller, tell me the good news... I have only read three posts sence I got back on line....Is it a BOY?.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Try this John, welcome back eh.

<a>Click for Link</a>
    Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries
    to rich people in poor countries.

I think i screwed that up, just go to family and

friends
    Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries
    to rich people in poor countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne
    Come on young Feller, tell me the good news... I have only read three posts sence I got back on line....Is it a BOY?.....
    its a BOY!

Blog Entries

Hey, I know the feelings...Deep, when I heard mine, the little turd was laughing, and I was crying.....Thought it was supposed to be the other way around....

Congratulations....dont know if it is spelled right or knoght.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Default Re: Cheap Fares

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Spirit Air has shook things up flying South Florida to Managua. Last night I booked a r/t FLL-MGA for tomorrow for $167 on Spirit. I booked aticket for a friend the other day on American $241 r/t MGA-MIA. The ticket to Corn Island is the same as my flight to Managua.

Last month I had to take a one way on Spirit to get home, the flight was cancelled & had to wait 2 days, may be more of a pain in the ass than it is worth. The hours of arrival & departure are a nightmare, but the price is worth a little hassle. Up until this yr I was paying an average of $400 with plenty of advance notice. You would see as low as $325, but around the holidays it was always $450+.

Competition is good.
    Just heard that Spirit will now charge $100.00 for carry-on not booked prior to showing up at the airport. They truly have the Spirit; the Mean Spirit that is!

Blog Entries

I was recently at a function with some people I did not know. I asked this one woman what she did for a living and she said that she worked in customer service for Spirit Airlines. There was a big silence as I figured what to say next. I mean I just could not imagine a worse job than that.

I think I just said something like "Well you must be a busy person." and let it go at that.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    I was recently at a function with some people I did not know. I asked this one woman what she did for a living and she said that she worked in customer service for Spirit Airlines. There was a big silence as I figured what to say next. I mean I just could not imagine a worse job than that.

I think I just said something like "Well you must be a busy person." and let it go at that.
    That said a whOOOOle lot!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    That said a whOOOOle lot!
    I agree, so ya see LCT CAN be somewhat nice when he wants too...