Thread: College American-style Football Schedule

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default College American-style Football Schedule

Here's the schedule for the remainder of the games this season. Games are at roughly 1pm and 3pm. Ave Maria is a closed campus so if you plan on attending this Sat's game (I do!), please call ahead for passes, (505) 535-2314 or send your name(s) to studentlife@avemaria.edu.ni. Should you be out of country or unable to make the games, YouTube footage of games and scrimmages can be found at
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbuDhGjU6tU

Are You Ready For Some Football?!

*The Guerreros are Nicaragua's professional team and the reigning champions of the Liga de Central Americano Football Americano.

Week 3 OCTUBRE 6 at AVE MARIA COLLEGE

UAM VS UCC

GUERREROS VS AMCA

Week 4 OCTUBRE 13 at UNAN COLLEGE

AMCA VS UNAN

UAM VS GUERREROS

Week 5 OCTUBRE 20 at UCC

UNAN VS UAM

UCC VS AMCA

Week 6 NOVIEMBRE 3 at GUERREROS (either National Stadium or Juventud Deportes Center)

UCC VS GUERREROS

Week 7 NOVIEMBRE 10 at UNAN COLLEGE

UCC VS UNAN

AMCA VS GUERREROS

Week 8 NOVIEMBRE 17 at AMCA COLLEGE

UAM VS AMCA

Week 9 NOVIEMBRE 24 at UAM COLLEGE

UAM VS UNAN

FINAL DICIEMBRE 1 TBA
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default The field

at Ave Maria College was a wet one at 3pm this past Saturday, but by the time the game between the Guerreros and the Knights actually started the college priest blessed both teams under sunny skies.

We drove the CRV through the back gate with the guard smiling and waving us in. So much for a closed campus. Good thing Big Red needs work 'cause she sure wouldn't have fit in with the other vehicles there! Saw lots of El Salvador plates as we backed up to the field, put the tailgate down, and settled in for good football.

I guessed about 50 were in attendance and we heard more English words than Spanish, especially out on the field. Big SUVS and shiny cars were the norm, lots of pale folks, lots of cigarette smoking. The four Nica college girls in the SUV next to us were too funny. They reminded me of little girls in momma's makeup drawer, pretending to be all grown up. They had brought Smirnoff Ice to drink but no opener. After popping the lids on the tailgate latch, they sipped gingerly, making faces at the sharp taste. Their cigarette smoking was Clintonesque. "Ah didn't inhale." They were almost as entertaining as the game.

The Guerreros had scored twice by the time we left, running in the extra points as there was no field goal for a kicker. The Ave Maria Knights put on a good show against Nicaragua's professional team, and their defensive work in the red zone was admirable. I've seen alot of football games, but I'm pretty sure this was the first use of palm tree logs for fan's seating I've ever come across. Gotta love this country!
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

I have visited on several occasions the Ave Maria campus to hang out with friends that have attended there, if you ever need some cheap translating work or english speaking guides this is a great place to post some Help Wanted ad's. Some college kids trying to earn a few extra $'s to buy some beers.

On Campus theres this billiards hall / student lounge, might be a place to post something up there if you can get permission.

...just a side thought anyway.