Thread: Nicaraguan Consulates?

Default Nicaraguan Consulates?

Hi everyone. I am looking into residency in Nicaragua, and everything I have seen says that I need to get documents translated and certified at a Nicaraguan consulate.

Problem is, I can only see 8 or 9 consulates in the entire United States, and I'm in Albuquerque. The nearest ones are either in Houston (13 hours away) or Los Angeles (12 hours away).....Is this for real?

Can I do it by mail, e-mail, fax, etc?

I just don't want to drive all day or parts of 2 days and just get the run-around when I get there.

Call them and ask. The phone numbers listed on their website should be current. They will most likely tell you how to do it. I haven't done it yet, so I'm not too sure what the options are, but I don't have it so bad, as the NY consulate is only 2.5 to 3 hours away, and the DC embassy is only 3 hours away.

I sent all my papers via Mail, the catch is that you have to send some important documents (originals) if you are ok with that. I first called up and let them know it was coming, spoke to the person handling the signing of the documents. They asked me to send an additional self addressed envelope. The whole process took 3 days, with over night mail.

As for the translations, after the documents were checked by the consulate, they attach a certification paper, stamp and signature. I took it to a Translater/Notary in Nicaragua. They put the translation on the official paper for all legal documents in Nicaragua.

Great, thanks! I think I will have to do it by mail as well...I just wanted to know from someone who has done it before.

I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefire1914
    Great, thanks! I think I will have to do it by mail as well...I just wanted to know from someone who has done it before.

I appreciate it.
    I have dealt with the D.C. office and the NYC office, I found the D.C. office to be very rude, but the NYC office was fairly helpful and even called me to let me know they recieved the documents.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 frijoles
    I have dealt with the D.C. office and the NYC office, I found the D.C. office to be very rude, but the NYC office was fairly helpful and even called me to let me know they recieved the documents.
    Thanks, that's good to know.