Thread: Slowing down the Exporting of the Basics

Default Slowing down the Exporting of the Basics

http://www.elnuevodiario.com.ni/2007...cionales/62074

The Alcalde of Managua, Dionisio Marenco, and member of the "Consejo Nacional del Movimiento Comunal Nicaragüense", Enrique Picado, are asking the government to put a slow down on the exportation on Basic Grains, including beans.

This to help stop the increasing price, just a few weeks ago beans could be purchased for 7 cordobas a pound, now as high as 20 cordobas for a pound.

Default Capitalism

This is capitalism at its best! Why sell beans at home for 7 cds when I can export for 15 cds?

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes I agree BUT the country is disfurnishing itself.

How can they export food that is needed to keep the home front going, and then beg internationaly....

HELP we're starving, don't make much sence to me, but then again, I am NOT PC...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by TermnalVee
    This is capitalism at its best! Why sell beans at home for 7 cds when I can export for 15 cds?
    Isn't that how you'd like the zonas francas to operate? How else are you gonna pay your workers more, if you don't sell at the highest price possible?

Quote from Mayor Marenco - there's no hunger now, it's a lie.

The National Council of the Communal Movement - anyone know what that is?

Default John

THat is not how I would like to see the ZFs work. ANd don't tell me you actually believe that the farmers are paying their laborers more as a result of selling beans on the export for tice the price, cuz I know you don't think that.

Selling staple goods at the highest price works in a society that can actually afford to purchase at the same price. Imagine if all US beef could be sold at $15/lb. on the export market. chopped meat at your local supermarket would be $19/lb.

I'm not sure I have the answer but more govt control may be in order. Wow! did I say that?!?! seriously, perhaps by limiting to a certain percentage the amount a farmer or supplier can sell on the export is the answer.

Blog Entries

Government has never been good at forcing people to be nice to each other.

Blog Entries

Default Re: John

Quote Originally Posted by TermnalVee
    I'm not sure I have the answer but more govt control may be in order. Wow! did I say that?!?! seriously, perhaps by limiting to a certain percentage the amount a farmer or supplier can sell on the export is the answer.
    TV ....that is the dark side talking ......just relax and let the right force be with you....we are here to help you brother ....if you feel weak or confused, just give us a call
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.