Thread: Where is and what happened to

Blog Entries

Default Where is and what happened to

Mupitara? Anyone heard from Dud?
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mupitara is like Gandolf in the lord of the rings....

He appears when things are down and then just goes with the wind after things start looking up.

I will check this afternoon or in the morning as to his whereabouts with his adopted family living close to me...

He just might be in Tx or Alamicamba (spelling doubtfull)....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Default Thanks

JPJW.

Managua/Alamikamba/Walpa Yakalban/Bonanza
    Blog Entries

Default Gandolf the Gray?

I loved that story!

I'm still around! Have been very busy though with my multitude of unprofitable - at least as yet - ventures. I keep adding to the list, too.

My lodge should be finished (except for water, laundry, baths, furniture, etc.) by the end of the year. My cacao plantations should begin to flourish in four or five years. My cacao purchasing facility looks real promising - except our cacao isn't producing because of severe squirrel damage. I also want to buy and sell aceite de ujum. Its very valuable stuff. But, I can't locate anyone to buy it! I can't even find out its scientific name it is so little known!

I've got a river barge project almost ready to begin operations. But, I don't have seed money to allow me to put the boat in the water! Too bad, because it would undoubtedly change the economy here. I just bought an additional barge, too!

I'm fine. How are you guys?

Aisabe,
    Papatara

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My wife says..TamKat..I guess meaning Don´t stop..

But look, about ém squirrel´s,

I know what to do with them, and yes they are a bit bony when stewed down to a low gravy, but I was raised on that stuff, and don´t get any here in Port.

I would like to go with you sometime to enjoy a little local cusine...and help pest control your Chocolate trees...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Default This should get rid of those critters

Tell me more about these barges? looks like you have your hands full.

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gandolf the Gray?

Good to hear from you Dud,I've asked for you a few times,I am glad everything's fine with you.

I am still very much interrested in doing a little fishing on your prestine neck of the woods.
    I myself have been extremely bussy(Thank God ),but hopefully this coming 08" I'd like to go fishing with You,if the offer is still standing :-).
    Best Regards.
    Felix

Quote Originally Posted by mupitara
    I loved that story!

I'm still around! Have been very busy though with my multitude of unprofitable - at least as yet - ventures. I keep adding to the list, too.

My lodge should be finished (except for water, laundry, baths, furniture, etc.) by the end of the year. My cacao plantations should begin to flourish in four or five years. My cacao purchasing facility looks real promising - except our cacao isn't producing because of severe squirrel damage. I also want to buy and sell aceite de ujum. Its very valuable stuff. But, I can't locate anyone to buy it! I can't even find out its scientific name it is so little known!

I've got a river barge project almost ready to begin operations. But, I don't have seed money to allow me to put the boat in the water! Too bad, because it would undoubtedly change the economy here. I just bought an additional barge, too!

I'm fine. How are you guys?

Aisabe,
    Papatara

Managua/Alamikamba/Walpa Yakalban/Bonanza
    Blog Entries

Default The Barges

I'm kinda short of time right now. I'm riding the WIFI wave (AKA taking advantage of free bandwith) with my jungle laptop at the Plaza Inter in MGA. I'm back to Alami tomorrow.

The barge is a 40' long by 9' wide 3/16" plate aluminum structure powered by twin Toyota 3L diesel engines. I am replacing and modifying all of the wooden trim, canvas top, engine cooling system, etc. I also plan to have built a raised fiberglass aft section to raise the helm and provide aft cargo ballast for trim. The finished barge will be used for local public transport, light-duty cargo, and tourism.

The second barge is presently just a pair of large fiberglass floats which I hope to transform into a floating platform for bulk cargo use.

Aisabe,
    Papatara

Blog Entries

Default Dud...

Good to hear you are alive and well.

Will your barge make it to Little Corn?

sounds like a neat project, waiting to see pictures of it in action.