Thread: Using local materials

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Using local materials

makes craft projects extra fun. They're cheap, sometimes even free. Jinotepe's winds are back and it's time to utilize all the palm fronds falling off the coconut tree in the backyard. I'm enjoying learning to garden here, but could really do without the nasally "bwaaay naaahs" that I hear EVERY time I go out front.

Not sure how long the privacy screens, woven from dead coconut palm fronds, will last in these winds but at least passers by can't peek in my garden for now. Maybe now I can get some uninterrupted work done. Quizás?
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Hey that looks pretty good, now did you weave a palm hat for roger yet?

Nope, not quite talented enough for that. Besides, he'd look pretty goofy in one, dontcha' think?

Default Love your posts!

I am constantly impressed by your living in the moment and making the most of what is at hand. I guess I am kind of living vicariously through you, waiting for my kids to graduate and get other things finished here in Florida, USA so I can pioneer in Nicaragua. In the meantime, I am trying to appreciate the precious almost half acre I have here in Miami, taking full advantage of the land and being a good steward. I love your posts. Well, I am going out to put some tomato plants in the ground and weave myself a nice screen like you did- I love it!
    Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I do too, so love reading her posts...BTW I tried today her mixture she sent me for Southern Fried Chicken on some Snappers....

Great, simply Great, and the kids loved it...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Default Good food

Good food is a real common denominator for us all, isn't it?
    Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.

Thanks for y'all's kind comments!
    I really do enjoy the writing part of this adventure, keeps my brain muscles exercised! :wink:

JW, glad you're still enjoying the package and I hope to meet you finally at the Amayito Christmas party. Roger and I will be there with bells on! I'm gonna try to get a few mini movies of the chaos and put something online, maybe the kids going after all the piñatas nicatroll bought? Quizás.

Default palm cowboy hat?

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan
    Nope, not quite talented enough for that. Besides, he'd look pretty goofy in one, dontcha' think?
    i could see roger in a palm cowboy hat!
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/