Thread: Mercado Oriental: Shopping Center in exchange for Park

Default Mercado Oriental: Shopping Center in exchange for Park

http://impreso.elnuevodiario.com.ni/...tactoend/66281

2 Palestinian Businessmen would like to trade the Alcaldia of Managua properties in Ciudad Jardín. A public park is what they would like. Their reasoning is that the park is of no use right now and is filled with Glue Sniffers. They would like to build a shopping center that would have some value to the community.

The Alcalde has not made any decision as of yet, but he did say that he would not barter, however he may be interested in making the shopping center a joint business between the Alcaldia and the 2 Palestinians. This would create a permanent revenue for Managua and benefit city works.

Blog Entries

What does "Palestinian" mean, exactly?

I used it as simply associating who the business investors were, as I have used in several instance before, such as the Canadians building a resort.

There was no malicious intent here :lol:

Blog Entries

I know, but the newspaper used the word. There's no such country. The word describes a region comprising several countries, like "North America" but not an actual country. There's a "Palestinian Authority" that governs the West Bank area, but it's not a clearly defined nation as such.

It sounded to me like the recognition of an Islamo-centric nomenclature. And since the government wants to learn from Iran's media how to run the Nicaraguan media, maybe this is "lesson number one."

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3 frijoles
    I used it as simply associating who the business investors were, as I have used in several instance before, such as the Canadians building a resort.

There was no malicious intent here :lol:
    BS, I suspect they are part of the radical Musilems, and I am not afraid to say so... What with their Oil money and an agenda....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

My 2 cents:

Although there is no country of Palestine now, many people identify themselves as Palestinian. Believe it or not, there are many legitimate and straight Palestinian business people. They are NOT related or involved with their uneducated and radical fellow Palestinians. There are also plenty of Palestinian Christians who do not support the violent factions the world associates Palestininas with.

No, I'm not a sympathizer. I am pro-Israel (moderate). I just call it like I see it.