Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miskito Alanīs Birthday 02-02-47

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Miskito Alanīs Birthday 02-02-47

This site is decateded to a man that dearly loved Nicaragua, itīs people, and the laid back lifestyle found here.

Miskito Alan had many friends in both the real world and in Cyber Space as well and I am sure he is still remembered by them.

So on this day I raise a toast to the late Miskito Alan, whose wit and wisdom made all of us laugh, cry and at times better informed thru his shareing...

Robert Alan Bowie, rest assured, the World IS a better place, Because YOU WERE here in it....

And freedom of spech still rings, even if we had to change addresses...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

there goes my bottle of FDC

Blog Entries

Thank you JPJW for reminding us of this great man. Miskito Alan was proof that you can make real friends over the internet. Salud, Alan!

Active TRN Member dixietraveller's Avatar

Thumbs up Hear, Hear!

A toast to the memory of MA on his birthday!
    O quantum est in rebus inane! / A palabras necias, oídos sordos

I didn`t know him but have been reading some of his old posts,must have had .virtue
    mitch

I didn't know him either, but have been quite moved by the words you all have written about him. It is true that you can know man by looking at his friends. MA was a good man.

So, with 11 minutes left on his day, I raise a double 18 y/o FDC to his memory and to all of you, his friends--celebrate his life!

Gone but never forgotten,
    we miss you MA

-Doug
    tree hugging, dirt worshiping, Birkenstock wearing, Bill of Rights supporting, enemy of censorship

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default late toast

To our Beloved MA.

I've been too damn(and not the rio kind) bussy,to even thank mi Hermano JW for his awesome care package of delicious Crabs.

Thanks John Buddy,I will be driving to PC very soon,I will need you to give me a list for goodies to take with me from the states,now don't be shy,I can take a whole carry on worth of stuff for ya,You deserve that and much more,for being such a pal.

Thats a wonderful thing that we all remember the glorious Miskito Alan. He was a good man. Sometimes, I have a drink in his memory. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to drink his famous FDC as I simply run out of it but that doesn't bother me a lot. FDC can be easily substituted by another kind of a boooooooz. What bothers me is the fact that there is no substitution of Alan. Especially for Marisol and her children. I just finished talking with her. From what she told me I could conclude that life in Puerto Cabezas is quite rough for her and her children. So, if anyone of you folks is willing to do something more then have a drink in His memory just visit a Wester Union nearest you and then notify her of your token of memory (Marisol Coleman Molina...Puerto Cabezas..Nicaragua .ph# 505 699 91 25). Let's make M.A. birthday an ongoing event. I will surely do my part. thank you in advance. Jan A.Danek
    Last edited by jan-dee; 05-12-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Santana

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Gone but never forgotten,

-Doug
    I'll drink to this

Blog Entries

Default Just got back from Little Island tonite....

Alan answered a lot of questions and encouraged me to do the right things in the right way. I took his advice and am right now cracking a bottle of FDC for a little toast.

Here's to ya Alan!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Quote Originally Posted by jan-dee View Post
    Thats a wonderful thing that we all remember the glorious Miskito Alan. He was a good man. Sometimes, I have a drink in his memory. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to drink his famous FDC as I simply run out of it but that doesn't bother me a lot. FDC can be easily substituted by another kind of a boooooooz. What bothers me is the fact that there is no substitution of Alan. Especially for Marisol and her children. I just finished talking with her. From what she told me I could conclude that life in Puerto Cabezas is quite rough for her and her children. So, if anyone of you folks is willing to do something more then have a drink in His memory just visit a Wester Union nearest you and then notify her of your token of memory (Marisol Coleman Molina...Puerto Cabezas..Nicaragua .ph# 505 699 91 25). Let's make M.A. birthday an ongoing event. I will surely do my part. thank you in advance. Jan A.Danek
    Here's a thought...i dunno how many people donate to this site, and i may understand how some didn't.

but if everyone donated $5.00 per month, we might actually be able to make a difference in her life. so to improve on jan-dee's idea, why not make this a group effort and funnel the donations through a central point?

Blog Entries

178 active members (see bottom of main page) x $5 = $890/month. Nothing to sneeze at.

Blog Entries

Hell I aint living that good..I will do what everyone else does.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Santana

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Hell I aint living that good.......
    shall I send you five dollars?

ok so three people besides me agree. that's not so good. but, John, can we get something started? how bout a thread that shows how much has been donated...like those charity thermometers? post it on the main page for all to see.

Blog Entries

Default I didn't know MA

I didn't know MA, but still liked him.
    I wondered how he left his family, and I read that he fed the poor in his area. I am sure it was not much, but he did give.
    Count me in.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Miskito Alanīs Birthday 02-02-47

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    This site is decateded to a man that dearly loved Nicaragua, itīs people, and the laid back lifestyle found here.

Miskito Alan had many friends in both the real world and in Cyber Space as well and I am sure he is still remembered by them.

So on this day I raise a toast to the late Miskito Alan, whose wit and wisdom made all of us laugh, cry and at times better informed thru his shareing...

Robert Alan Bowie, rest assured, the World IS a better place, Because YOU WERE here in it....

And freedom of spech still rings, even if we had to change addresses...
    Once again this date rolls around and I find myself remioniseing about things that happened in the past.....

Marisol gave me a bunch of Alans books yeaterday when I dropped my son Johnny off to spend the night together with Jeffert.....Tomorrow school starts for them and I wish them both well in the comeing year......

Miskito Alan, hereīs to you buddy.....

Blog Entries

Here here.

Happy B day to ya alan. Ya was one good man that would help in a minute and would give valuable advise whether it hurt or not !

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy BD Alan

MA's Brown-Eyed Girl

Hard to believe another Feb. 2nd has come and gone without him. One of my sisters spoke with Marisol the other day. She and the children are often on our minds. Thank you and the others who post, reply and tell funny stories - keeping his memory alive and well. Somehow it makes him seem closer.

Salud my dear departed friend...
    When it's all said and done, there's nothing left to say or do... ~~~Where's MY spy camera?~~~

Blog Entries

Yes it is, it still pops up on my reminders... And I refuse to take it out, just like all of the posts we made to each other. I do it as a reminder...

Happy Birthday Alan where ever you is...

Blog Entries

Cheers, M.A.!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast