Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sage of Jinotega, Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    Platoon Tom Berenger talking to John C. Mcginley

You got it...but something tells me you cheated...the jury will be out for a bit on the issue of the Gran Reserva.

Default what

what were the rules? i'll buy you the bottle of gran reserve if you come drink it with me in my retirement at sjds.
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

what were the rules? i'll buy you the bottle of gran reserve if you come drink it with me in my retirement at sjds.
    Absolutely! Or before...

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TermnalVee View Post
    Absolutely! Or before...
    Hey, am I invited to the party?...I promise not to touch the Extra Lite
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Default of course.....

i'll have a nica retirement party, but the bad news, that's 18 years away...

rules, we don't need no stinkin rules....err, uhmmm, what were they?
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

i'll have a nica retirement party, but the bad news, that's 18 years away...

rules, we don't need no stinkin rules....err, uhmmm, what were they?
    We need only one rule....JPJW cannot touch the Extra Lite.....

18 years? JEZ what a long time.....

I bet you shorten that a little bit....

Even though I am a little envious, I have friends who retired in their 50´s, dosen´t mean they gave up, just means thru investments, they got off the squrrell cage.....

Now they living Buddy,.......And truly enjoying what they were working for...

I have had a hell of a start this year with frends visiting from all over, from Canada, Austrailia/Holland, Corn Island, even the good óle USA.....I consider myself Simi-retired, or should I say simi-retarded....I do what I want, when I want, unless there is an emergency.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Default i'd like to get off that squirrel cage...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post

they got off the squrrell cage.....

but, i have to keep going til my two 2 year olds are capable of fending for themselves or are legal, whichever comes first...

and i am going to keep you in charge of keeping you away from the fdc lite...

Blog Entries

And óle Sage... we are carrying on (getting a little off topic, which is normal)....like you are still with us......Just not able to post....

The young ones will learn faster than we did, how to defend themselves, they are our pleasure right now, and will later in life become a burden to themselves, if they do not listen.....

Train up a child in the way he should go...And when he is old....He will NOT depart from it....Ephisianasas something or other....

Default exactly

And óle Sage... we are carrying on (getting a little off topic, which is normal)....like you are still with us......Just not able to post....

The young ones will learn faster than we did, how to defend themselves, they are our pleasure right now, and will later in life become a burden to themselves, if they do not listen.....

Train up a child in the way he should go...And when he is old....He will NOT depart from it....Ephisianasas something or other....
    off topic, but i haven't posted a song to the sage's thread yet...i want all three kids to take tae kwon do.

Default from the other site

"I just received an email from, I believe, Tony's daughter, that said he lost his three-year battle with cancer 19 March 2008." does anyone know if the sage had a child? did he ever mention one?

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Goodness, we could get seriously carried away with the quotes! I find this one coming to mind more and more often...

"What we have here is a failure to communicate." Y'all know the movie, right?

I swear I hear that line, in that awesome twangy voice, several times a week.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Blog Entries

Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
    Long as I have my plastic Jesus
    Riding on the dashboard of my car.
    Through all trials and tribulations,
    We will travel every nation,
    With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.

CHORUS
    Plastic Jesus, plastic Jesus
    Riding on the dashboard of my car.
    Through my trials and tribulations,
    And my travels thru the nations,
    With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    Goodness, we could get seriously carried away with the quotes! I find this one coming to mind more and more often...

George Kennedy talking to Coolhand Luke......

Workin´on a chain gang´...Working on a Chain...... Gang....

Default cool hand luke

why was that young lady washing that car? what did that have to do with the movie?

Blog Entries

George Kennedy talking to Coolhand Luke......

Workin´on a chain gang´...Working on a Chain...... Gang....
    Naw, it was Strother Martin, not George Kennedy.

Coolhand Luke said it just before he was shot, proving once again

that some people have no sense of humor.

Watch out for the lies John Wayne is getting ready to post !
    Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries
    to rich people in poor countries.

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

I was wrong, too. It was "what we've got here..", not "what we have here..." Man, must not be drinkin' enough.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Blog Entries

I was wrong, too. It was "what we've got here..", not "what we have here..." Man, must not be drinkin' enough.
    Oh, you can be forgiven for such a minor detail!

Default ditto

i forgive you too....

Active TRN Member dixietraveller's Avatar

Post Tony's daughter

"I just received an email from, I believe, Tony's daughter, that said he lost his three-year battle with cancer 19 March 2008." does anyone know if the sage had a child? did he ever mention one?
    Note the picture caption.
    http://www.nicaliving.com/node/11044
    O quantum est in rebus inane! / A palabras necias, oídos sordos

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Naw, it was Strother Martin, not George Kennedy.
    Dam, (and not the river kind) John, now you have me really confused....Course then again I don´t watch much TV....

Blog Entries

Dam, (and not the river kind) John, now you have me really confused....Course then again I don´t watch much TV....
    I had to spend some research time to confirm it, but George played a cop and Strother Martin was the boss who said the famous quote.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Sage of Jinotega, Rest in Peace

For some reason the Sage crossed my mind today. We had actually become civil towards each other and would write back and forth, He was interested in growing mushrooms and brambles (rasberry, blackberry, etc). I ordered him up info in the States then got it to him in Jinotega.

Tony had come to Nicaragua to die, he was able to squeeze a little more out of life than the experts told him he could. Opinionated, no doubt.

I think he loved every minute of his life here.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Active TRN Member dixietraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    For some reason the Sage crossed my mind today. We had actually become civil towards each other and would write back and forth, He was interested in growing mushrooms and brambles (rasberry, blackberry, etc). I ordered him up info in the States then got it to him in Jinotega.

Tony had come to Nicaragua to die, he was able to squeeze a little more out of life than the experts told him he could. Opinionated, no doubt.

I think he loved every minute of his life here.
    Already it seems so long ago. His verbal pyrotecnics certainly livened things up.

And I really miss his Jinotega Website. Jinotega lost one of its biggest promoters when Tony died. It's very fitting that Tony is buried in the Jinotega cemetary.

O quantum est in rebus inane! / A palabras necias, oídos sordos

Even though I am a little envious, I have friends who retired in their 50´s, dosen´t mean they gave up, just means thru investments, they got off the squrrell cage.....

I have had a hell of a start this year with frends visiting from all over, from Canada, Austrailia/Holland, Corn Island, even the good óle USA.....I consider myself Simi-retired, or should I say simi-retarded....I do what I want, when I want, unless there is an emergency.....
    ok, it's shortened to 15 years.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12