Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: The Sage of Jinotega, Rest in Peace

  1. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    Platoon Tom Berenger talking to John C. Mcginley

    You got it...but something tells me you cheated...the jury will be out for a bit on the issue of the Gran Reserva.

  2. #27

    Default what

    what were the rules? i'll buy you the bottle of gran reserve if you come drink it with me in my retirement at sjds.
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  3. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    what were the rules? i'll buy you the bottle of gran reserve if you come drink it with me in my retirement at sjds.
    Absolutely! Or before...

  4. #29
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TermnalVee View Post
    Absolutely! Or before...
    Hey, am I invited to the party?...I promise not to touch the Extra Lite
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  5. #30

    Default of course.....

    i'll have a nica retirement party, but the bad news, that's 18 years away...

    rules, we don't need no stinkin rules....err, uhmmm, what were they?
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  6. #31
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    i'll have a nica retirement party, but the bad news, that's 18 years away...

    rules, we don't need no stinkin rules....err, uhmmm, what were they?
    We need only one rule....JPJW cannot touch the Extra Lite.....

    18 years? JEZ what a long time.....

    I bet you shorten that a little bit....

    Even though I am a little envious, I have friends who retired in their 50´s, dosen´t mean they gave up, just means thru investments, they got off the squrrell cage.....

    Now they living Buddy,.......And truly enjoying what they were working for...

    I have had a hell of a start this year with frends visiting from all over, from Canada, Austrailia/Holland, Corn Island, even the good óle USA.....I consider myself Simi-retired, or should I say simi-retarded....I do what I want, when I want, unless there is an emergency.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  7. #32

    Default i'd like to get off that squirrel cage...

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    We need only one rule....JPJW cannot touch the Extra Lite.....

    18 years? JEZ what a long time.....

    I bet you shorten that a little bit....

    they got off the squrrell cage.....

    Now they living Buddy,.......And truly enjoying what they were working for...

    .....
    but, i have to keep going til my two 2 year olds are capable of fending for themselves or are legal, whichever comes first...

    and i am going to keep you in charge of keeping you away from the fdc lite...
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  8. #33
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    And óle Sage... we are carrying on (getting a little off topic, which is normal)....like you are still with us......Just not able to post....

    The young ones will learn faster than we did, how to defend themselves, they are our pleasure right now, and will later in life become a burden to themselves, if they do not listen.....

    Train up a child in the way he should go...And when he is old....He will NOT depart from it....Ephisianasas something or other....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  9. #34

    Default exactly

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    And óle Sage... we are carrying on (getting a little off topic, which is normal)....like you are still with us......Just not able to post....

    The young ones will learn faster than we did, how to defend themselves, they are our pleasure right now, and will later in life become a burden to themselves, if they do not listen.....

    Train up a child in the way he should go...And when he is old....He will NOT depart from it....Ephisianasas something or other....
    off topic, but i haven't posted a song to the sage's thread yet...i want all three kids to take tae kwon do.
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  10. #35

    Default from the other site

    "I just received an email from, I believe, Tony's daughter, that said he lost his three-year battle with cancer 19 March 2008." does anyone know if the sage had a child? did he ever mention one?
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  11. #36
    TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Granada, Nicaragua
    Posts
    2,384

    Default

    Goodness, we could get seriously carried away with the quotes! I find this one coming to mind more and more often...

    "What we have here is a failure to communicate." Y'all know the movie, right?

    I swear I hear that line, in that awesome twangy voice, several times a week.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

  12. #37
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    15,437
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
    Long as I have my plastic Jesus
    Riding on the dashboard of my car.
    Through all trials and tribulations,
    We will travel every nation,
    With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.


    CHORUS
    Plastic Jesus, plastic Jesus
    Riding on the dashboard of my car.
    Through my trials and tribulations,
    And my travels thru the nations,
    With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.

  13. #38
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    Goodness, we could get seriously carried away with the quotes! I find this one coming to mind more and more often...

    "What we have here is a failure to communicate." Y'all know the movie, right?

    I swear I hear that line, in that awesome twangy voice, several times a week.
    George Kennedy talking to Coolhand Luke......

    Workin´on a chain gang´...Working on a Chain...... Gang....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  14. #39

    Default cool hand luke

    Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    Goodness, we could get seriously carried away with the quotes! I find this one coming to mind more and more often...

    "What we have here is a failure to communicate." Y'all know the movie, right?

    I swear I hear that line, in that awesome twangy voice, several times a week.
    why was that young lady washing that car? what did that have to do with the movie?
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  15. #40
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    15,437
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    George Kennedy talking to Coolhand Luke......

    Workin´on a chain gang´...Working on a Chain...... Gang....
    Naw, it was Strother Martin, not George Kennedy.

  16. #41
    Land Mammal thom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Coolhand Luke said it just before he was shot, proving once again

    that some people have no sense of humor.

    Watch out for the lies John Wayne is getting ready to post !
    Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries
    to rich people in poor countries.

  17. #42
    TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Granada, Nicaragua
    Posts
    2,384

    Default

    I was wrong, too. It was "what we've got here..", not "what we have here..." Man, must not be drinkin' enough.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

  18. #43
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    15,437
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    I was wrong, too. It was "what we've got here..", not "what we have here..." Man, must not be drinkin' enough.
    Oh, you can be forgiven for such a minor detail!

  19. #44

    Default ditto

    Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    I was wrong, too. It was "what we've got here..", not "what we have here..." Man, must not be drinkin' enough.
    i forgive you too....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  20. #45
    Active TRN Member dixietraveller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Presently back in Georgia
    Posts
    890

    Post Tony's daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    "I just received an email from, I believe, Tony's daughter, that said he lost his three-year battle with cancer 19 March 2008." does anyone know if the sage had a child? did he ever mention one?
    Note the picture caption.
    http://www.nicaliving.com/node/11044
    O quantum est in rebus inane! / A palabras necias, oídos sordos

  21. #46
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Naw, it was Strother Martin, not George Kennedy.
    Dam, (and not the river kind) John, now you have me really confused....Course then again I don´t watch much TV....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  22. #47
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    15,437
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Dam, (and not the river kind) John, now you have me really confused....Course then again I don´t watch much TV....
    I had to spend some research time to confirm it, but George played a cop and Strother Martin was the boss who said the famous quote.

  23. #48
    Dog Whisperer cookshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    4,997
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: The Sage of Jinotega, Rest in Peace

    For some reason the Sage crossed my mind today. We had actually become civil towards each other and would write back and forth, He was interested in growing mushrooms and brambles (rasberry, blackberry, etc). I ordered him up info in the States then got it to him in Jinotega.

    Tony had come to Nicaragua to die, he was able to squeeze a little more out of life than the experts told him he could. Opinionated, no doubt.

    I think he loved every minute of his life here.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

  24. #49
    Active TRN Member dixietraveller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Presently back in Georgia
    Posts
    890

    Default Re: The Sage of Jinotega, Rest in Peace

    Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    For some reason the Sage crossed my mind today. We had actually become civil towards each other and would write back and forth, He was interested in growing mushrooms and brambles (rasberry, blackberry, etc). I ordered him up info in the States then got it to him in Jinotega.

    Tony had come to Nicaragua to die, he was able to squeeze a little more out of life than the experts told him he could. Opinionated, no doubt.

    I think he loved every minute of his life here.
    Already it seems so long ago. His verbal pyrotecnics certainly livened things up.

    And I really miss his Jinotega Website. Jinotega lost one of its biggest promoters when Tony died. It's very fitting that Tony is buried in the Jinotega cemetary.

    O quantum est in rebus inane! / A palabras necias, oídos sordos

  25. #50

    Default Re: The Sage of Jinotega, Rest in Peace

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    We need only one rule....JPJW cannot touch the Extra Lite.....

    18 years? JEZ what a long time.....

    I bet you shorten that a little bit....

    Even though I am a little envious, I have friends who retired in their 50´s, dosen´t mean they gave up, just means thru investments, they got off the squrrell cage.....

    Now they living Buddy,.......And truly enjoying what they were working for...

    I have had a hell of a start this year with frends visiting from all over, from Canada, Austrailia/Holland, Corn Island, even the good óle USA.....I consider myself Simi-retired, or should I say simi-retarded....I do what I want, when I want, unless there is an emergency.....
    ok, it's shortened to 15 years.....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Ortega snubs rest of Central America
    By Little Corn Tom in forum Today, in Nicaragua...
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 09:38 AM
  2. Closed for the rest of Holy Week
    By tresfrijoles in forum Today, in Nicaragua...
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 09:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Also visit the False Bluff Blog!