Thread: Surfing At Maderas

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Default Surfing At Maderas

Been some decent surf the last few days, these images are just two of many that you may enjoy at our Surfing Nicaragua 2008 Gallery.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Dan you should work for National Geographic!
    National Geographic should do a documentary about Nica's Flora and Fauna.
    Dios es Amor!

I suppose you don't have any Water Housing for your Camera? Can you swim good? time for some in the water surf shots!

Default It is hard to keep...

the ocean water out of the beer. Yes, I do have a camera with a water housing, but the second thing is the pain of the board when it smacks you in the head, that is of course assuming you can still feel it after an hour in the frigid water

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    the ocean water out of the beer. Yes, I do have a camera with a water housing, but the second thing is the pain of the board when it smacks you in the head, that is of course assuming you can still feel it after an hour in the frigid water
    Wow, what a picture... makes TresF wish he were there I´m sure,.....On the board that is.....Me no....I never did like taking chances with my cuerpo, not like that anyway........
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Wow, what a picture... makes TresF wish he were there I´m sure,.....On the board that is.....Me no....I never did like taking chances with my cuerpo, not like that anyway........
    If you enjoy surfing Managua can be the worst place to live! The closest beach is about 45 minutes away and is horrible for good waves. I am so used to living an hour from the beach and taking a quick day trip or half a day trip to the beach and then heading back, not something that is easy to do for me in Nicaragua.

So I am bringing down my Longboard Skateboard, plenty of hills around, unfortunately not all of the roads are the best for longboarding.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3 frijoles View Post
    If you enjoy surfing Managua can be the worst place to live! The closest beach is about 45 minutes away and is horrible for good waves. I am so used to living an hour from the beach and taking a quick day trip or half a day trip to the beach and then heading back, not something that is easy to do for me in Nicaragua.

So I am bringing down my Longboard Skateboard, plenty of hills around, unfortunately not all of the roads are the best for longboarding.
    Hahaha, I just want to live long enough to see you on that Roller Coaster thing on the road from here to Managua....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Hahaha, I just want to live long enough to see you on that Roller Coaster thing on the road from here to Managua....
    There are these really nice offroad skateboards, but they cost a fortune, let me know when Chavez paves the Atlantic Costal Road and I will be on my way with the board.

Default how cold is the water?

Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    how cold is the water?

i talk about the papagayo wind effect for a cooling purpose? please see this: http://www.therealnicaragua.com/vb/f...=papagayo+wind
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Default Water temp

The water temp changes quite a bit even day to day. My surfing friends tell me that it is not that bad right now. Yesterday was o.k. for me to stand in the water. I didn't hear any of the people complaining that were spending a lot of time in it.
    Dan

Default thanks

i was thinking about using the cooler water in a set of coils. i thought it would be a better eco cooler than freon.... i thought the water was 70degrees, enough to give off some cooling....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

GiftsForYourLife.com

love it !!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cruzman View Post
    love it !!!
    Me too, Fussion, not Fission, $hit I can´t spel, Fission the nuclear kind...