Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Surfing At Maderas

  1. #1
    Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
    Posts
    2,147

    Default Surfing At Maderas

    Been some decent surf the last few days, these images are just two of many that you may enjoy at our Surfing Nicaragua 2008 Gallery.

    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

  2. #2
    Viejo del Foro El Greco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miami,Kendall
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Dan you should work for National Geographic!
    National Geographic should do a documentary about Nica's Flora and Fauna.
    Dios es Amor!

  3. #3

    Default

    I suppose you don't have any Water Housing for your Camera? Can you swim good? time for some in the water surf shots!

  4. #4
    Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
    Posts
    2,147

    Default It is hard to keep...

    the ocean water out of the beer. Yes, I do have a camera with a water housing, but the second thing is the pain of the board when it smacks you in the head, that is of course assuming you can still feel it after an hour in the frigid water
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

  5. #5
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    the ocean water out of the beer. Yes, I do have a camera with a water housing, but the second thing is the pain of the board when it smacks you in the head, that is of course assuming you can still feel it after an hour in the frigid water
    Wow, what a picture... makes TresF wish he were there I´m sure,.....On the board that is.....Me no....I never did like taking chances with my cuerpo, not like that anyway........
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Wow, what a picture... makes TresF wish he were there I´m sure,.....On the board that is.....Me no....I never did like taking chances with my cuerpo, not like that anyway........
    If you enjoy surfing Managua can be the worst place to live! The closest beach is about 45 minutes away and is horrible for good waves. I am so used to living an hour from the beach and taking a quick day trip or half a day trip to the beach and then heading back, not something that is easy to do for me in Nicaragua.

    So I am bringing down my Longboard Skateboard, plenty of hills around, unfortunately not all of the roads are the best for longboarding.

  7. #7
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3 frijoles View Post
    If you enjoy surfing Managua can be the worst place to live! The closest beach is about 45 minutes away and is horrible for good waves. I am so used to living an hour from the beach and taking a quick day trip or half a day trip to the beach and then heading back, not something that is easy to do for me in Nicaragua.

    So I am bringing down my Longboard Skateboard, plenty of hills around, unfortunately not all of the roads are the best for longboarding.
    Hahaha, I just want to live long enough to see you on that Roller Coaster thing on the road from here to Managua....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Hahaha, I just want to live long enough to see you on that Roller Coaster thing on the road from here to Managua....
    There are these really nice offroad skateboards, but they cost a fortune, let me know when Chavez paves the Atlantic Costal Road and I will be on my way with the board.

  9. #9

    Default how cold is the water?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    the ocean water out of the beer. Yes, I do have a camera with a water housing, but the second thing is the pain of the board when it smacks you in the head, that is of course assuming you can still feel it after an hour in the frigid water
    how cold is the water?

    i talk about the papagayo wind effect for a cooling purpose? please see this: http://www.therealnicaragua.com/vb/f...=papagayo+wind
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  10. #10
    Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
    Posts
    2,147

    Default Water temp

    The water temp changes quite a bit even day to day. My surfing friends tell me that it is not that bad right now. Yesterday was o.k. for me to stand in the water. I didn't hear any of the people complaining that were spending a lot of time in it.
    Dan
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

  11. #11

    Default thanks

    i was thinking about using the cooler water in a set of coils. i thought it would be a better eco cooler than freon.... i thought the water was 70degrees, enough to give off some cooling....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  12. #12
    GiftsForYourLife.com
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Eugene Oregon USA
    Posts
    1

    Default

    love it !!!

  13. #13
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzman View Post
    love it !!!
    Me too, Fussion, not Fission, $hit I can´t spel, Fission the nuclear kind...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



Similar Threads

  1. Jumping At Maderas
    By Danpolley in forum Nicaragua Scrapbook
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 10:53 PM
  2. Surfing
    By *MsFranNeg* in forum Tourism Activities and General Travel Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 08:23 PM
  3. Surfing Websites for Nicaragua
    By tresfrijoles in forum Links
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 07:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Also visit the False Bluff Blog!